Blue dippers A Mon 6th Dec 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Blue dippers A Mon 6th Dec 8pm

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:05 pm
Was any of that unexpected?

Yes they should have had at least one red, but we were shocking. shocking.

Nothing will change we know it. We are fucked. Proper fucked. Arteta is here as long as he wants. The owner will replace him with some other no mark.

We are all on here of the same opinion. I'm just annoyed DB banned the WUM! As i would dealry love to read how the prick would have defended this as progress etc
The problem there though is he wouldn't have posted on this thread. He was a WUM 100%. He'd have waited until we won some nothing game against relegation fodder then come back on here calling everyone "mentally ill" for not being blind sheep worshipping at the alter of Martinez-Lite. I could accept a bit of that tbh if he hadn't insulted and abused other posters in every single post. There are rules in place from the owners and I have to follow them.

I'd like us to have a more mixed set of viewpoints on here and I always defended the AKB right to reply here when this forum was a cesspool of one dimensional negativity and poison. But if they are going to come on here and break the rules then they have to go.

Midz

Post by Midz »

TeeCee wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:59 am
I’m just bored of seeing the same thing and saying the same thing.
ditto

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Really wondering if arteta looking at last nights game is thinking ...Xhaka played well :rubchin:

He pulled out of a tackle to let them get through and score the winner (dont give a fuck he was already booked...he cant tackle ...end off)

He knows hes a useless footballer....totally slow and opposing players bypass him so easily

Has a fixed set of tricks he uses...
Falling over when in posession if challenged
Calling for the ball when he knows he is in acres of space
Passing the ball backwards or sideways to the player who passed to him
Pointing and trying to give a childish impression he is the midfield general

I actually think he is non league level

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

shu wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:57 pm
Ffs auba how fucking shit was that last kick of the game .

Arteta should go as he can’t take them any further
I beg to differ, he can take us a lot further, unfortunately its further backwards

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:19 am
shu wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:57 pm
Ffs auba how fucking shit was that last kick of the game .

Arteta should go as he can’t take them any further
I beg to differ, he can take us a lot further, unfortunately its further backwards
:lol:

But true..... :(

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:04 am
He knows hes a ueseless footballer....totally slow and opposing players bypass him so easily, hes a fraud

Has a fixed set of tricks he uses...
Falling over when in posession if challenged
Calling for the ball when he knows he is in acres of space
Passing the ball backwards or sideways to the player who passed to him
Pointing and trying to give a childish impression he is the midfield general

I actually think he is non league level
Perfect summation of the talent vacuum Clive. Honestly the worst least intelligent player I've ever seen in our Jersey.

Martinez-Lite said after the toffees match "we gave too many balls away too easily".

Well fucking duh brain box! :roll:

Yet you threw a massively unfit, overweight donkey right back into the starting line up! The same donkey that has clearly demonstrated how shit he is in dozens and dozens of games. The same donkey that has a reputation for pissing possession away. The same donkey that has even set a PL record for the most individual errors that led to goals ffs!

Please leave Martinez-Lite and please please take Clive with you. :censored:

*yep it's a repeat of the posts on the Clive thread but the guy is so shit it merits repeating here! :lol: :wink:

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

In Martinelli, Saka, ESR, Ramsdale, White, Tomiyasu, Tierney we have the makings of some really top players who are all still very young. If we can sign quality to supplement those players, then we have direction. However keeping with Arteta and thinking Xhaka, PEA, Pepe, Partey have a role to play is silly. The loss on Pepe needs to be realized. PEA is getting older and growing less effective by the week, could even say the same about Lacazette. Then there are the bit timers like Leno, Elneny, Soares, Chambers, Kolisinac who should be shown the door

There is a freshness about the first group of players mentioned, and a staleness about the later group.

Get rid of Arteta & be bold with the replacement. Give the job to a young manger who deserves it. Someone like Roberto De Zerbi or Marco Rose at Dortmund. Because Arteta is a novice whose first job was Arsenal first team. He wasnt even first team coach/manager for a lower division team or reserve team. Arteta was an assistant manager at City, which like the US Vice Presidency, is powerless. Was Pat Rice important? Steve McClaren at Man United?

For Arsenal first team to be his literal first job in management makes a mockery of ourselves. This is his third season and what are we waiting for? Dont tell me were going o have 5 and 10 year plans like we did with Wenger

'trust the process'. You have be really pretentious to ask others to trust you to do something when you have never attempted it, let alone pulled it off. That brings me to another point on Arteta, I think he is betrayed by his own ignorance. There is a quality gap between reality and his own perception of himself. I dont see a Pep Gaurdiola disciple, I see a manager who doesn't know he manages naked.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:09 am
In Martinelli, Saka, ESR, Ramsdale, White, Tomiyasu, Tierney we have the makings of some really top players who are all still very young. If we can sign quality to supplement those players, then we have direction. However keeping with Arteta and thinking Xhaka, PEA, Pepe, Partey have a role to play is silly. The loss on Pepe needs to be realized. PEA is getting older and growing less effective by the week, could even say the same about Lacazette. Then there are the bit timers like Leno, Elneny, Soares, Chambers, Kolisinac who should be shown the door

There is a freshness about the first group of players mentioned, and a staleness about the later group.

Get rid of Arteta & be bold with the replacement. Give the job to a young manger who deserves it. Someone like Roberto De Zerbi or Marco Rose at Dortmund. Because Arteta is a novice whose first job was Arsenal first team. He wasnt even first team coach/manager for a lower division team or reserve team. Arteta was an assistant manager at City, which like the US Vice Presidency, is powerless. Was Pat Rice important? Steve McClaren at Man United?

For Arsenal first team to be his literal first job in management makes a mockery of ourselves. This is his third season and what are we waiting for? Dont tell me were going o have 5 and 10 year plans like we did with Wenger

'trust the process'. You have be really pretentious to ask others to trust you to do something when you have never attempted it, let alone pulled it off. That brings me to another point on Arteta, I think he is betrayed by his own ignorance. There is a quality gap between reality and his own perception of himself. I dont see a Pep Gaurdiola disciple, I see a manager who doesn't know he manages naked.
Agree with some of above we have some quality youngsters no doubt
As for Ben White at 24 while hes comfortable on the ball seen nothing to suggest hes a top defender, or likely to become one

After arteta would like an experienced manager, someone who has been there and done it...tactically astute but great with the players.....whether anyone of that ilk will come to the Arsenal is another matter

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

We create fuck all chances in games leading to us just scoring a miserable 18 goals in 15 league games this season :shock: and if by some miracle we do get an opportunity or strikers miss from 30 centimeters out, Eddie last night and Auba against Newcastle and united.

Fucking shambolic :roll:

LeftfootlegendGooner

I actually woke up this morning pissed off that we drew :lol:

I switched over when they equalised, tbf I wasn't surprise when I learnt we had lost, I said when some posters on here were talking top 4 that we are nowhere near good enough, I said 8th or lower, I think it will be lower,

I didn't think we could play any worse than the games against Palace and Brighton, that last night surpassed those in terms of shiteness.

Won't be watching for a while, fuck that, I will be knocking on neighbours doors with my drainage rods in hand seeing if their drains need sorting out :roll:

John F

Post by John F »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:09 am

My worry is with Newcastle probably only a couple of seasons away from becoming a top side, is that the small pool of potentially good players will be fought over by the now three richer clubs with the dippers and ManUtd in the mix. The players in your top group may well get an offer too good to turn down and play for a club with a chance in the champions league rather than stay with a club that has owners who do not know what a good manager looks like. In my opinion, continuing with Arteta will cause even more damage than has already been done if those players start to lose their belief in his process. The promise of potential in our side that keeps being mentioned could be destroyed in one or two transfer windows.

shu

Post by shu »

It is the morning after and i am annoyed as fuck , more than last week after manure.

We really have not moved forward under Arteta have we !!!! i see other teams changing manager and they will improve , i am thinking manure , villa , Chelsea last season , even spuds. He manages like he played and i never rated him as a player.

How the fuck can he play xhaka , i still think that one player will ultimately cost him his job. Wenger was blind to the need for a good holding midfielder for years and Arteta sees something in that twat Xhaka.

Up front , Auba is gone (he doesnt look like he has any spark or intent , he looks like he has given up) , wtf with Eddie the feather , is he being played to try and raise a few extra £ in Jan , well after that miss f all !!!! Pepe doesnt exist anymore and he doesnt really fancy Martelli , we all know that.

We desperately need a new manager , horrible to say but i cant stand him , i hope the crowd turn on him against Southampton but he will be like Solkjaer and hang on in there like wenger did too.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:36 am

I switched over when they equalised, tbf I wasn't surprise when I learnt we had lost, I said when some posters on here were talking top 4 that we are nowhere near good enough, I said 8th or lower, I think it will be lower,

I didn't think we could play any worse than the games against Palace and Brighton, that last night surpassed those in terms of shiteness.

Won't be watching for a while, fuck that, I will be knocking on neighbours doors with my drainage rods in hand seeing if their drains need sorting out :roll:
Interesting euphemisms for "penis" and "wife". :D :wink:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Currently our home form is partly saving him, if that worsens then maybe, just maybe, things might become toxic.

There has been a 'decent ISH' atmosphere in the Emirates at times this season although I put that partly down to most fans being happy to be back in the ground.

Unfortunately a few thousand disgruntled away fans just don't generate enough noise when the other teams fans are celebrating.

Arteta is so far out his depth he needs a life jacket and he has one in Edu, yet another obscure appointment that I never understood.

I still think we will finish at least 8th if not higher this season and that is depressing because it means another transfer window of wasted money and another season of treading water

LeftfootlegendGooner

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:32 pm
Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:36 am

Interesting euphemisms for "penis" and "wife". :D :wink:
I said neighbours drains :wink: