The Positive Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
arrgee

Re: The Positive Thread

Post by arrgee »

Can win the EFL Double (Trophy and Cup).
Last edited by arrgee on Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:20 pm
No fixture congestion for us :rubchin:
3 consecutive weekends offs : 29 Jan, 5 feb, 12 feb

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:44 am
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:16 pm
In Martinelli and Saka, we have the two most exciting and talented players in English, if not European football right now. Two 20 year olds ran supposedly the best team in Europe absolutely ragged. A decade ago, you just knew that they'd be playing for the opposition six months later but now, they're not going anywhere.
Every bit of optimism for Saka, ESR and Martinelli is valid. I believe Martinelli will firm as the heir to Neymar as Brazil's best attacker, shadowing Neymar, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho. Ronaldinho even compared him to Brazilian Ronaldo. He runs at defenders, he attacks the goal, he is such a natural receiving a through ball. granted his finishing was uncharacteristically poor against City, but that run where he picked the ball up 15 yards inside our own half and ran into the City box but pushed his effort just wide - I just know what was his intention when he got the ball. It wasnt some dumb luck run where he just ran aimlessly and wondered into the City box by accident. When he picked that ball up he knew what he was going to do.

At only 20 years of age, he will mature rapidly as time goes by. I have really high hopes he will be a great goal scorer, but there is a real part of me that believes he can reach that Ronaldo (brazil), Batistuta, Lewandowski, Suarez, Henry level - sensational footballers as well as goal scorers.

For me, he is the best young player I have seen at this club, even better than Cesc who was also brilliant at such a young age. Cesc never kicked on to be 'Xavi's heir', but hopefully Martinelli can go beyond great player and into world beater

I know many have a connection to ESR and Saka as they are local lads & from the academy. But I think Martinelli is the true galactico in the making, a potential ballon dor winner.

I think its inevitable one day he will leave. I hope its at least 5 years away, and after he was helped us win the league - which is feasible if he indeed turns into the player I speak of. And when we do sell himm its to Real Madrid. Barcelona or PSG for a world record fee.
Mate, please stop posting about Saka, Martinelli and Smith-Rowe. You are the kiss of death. Remember your hysteria driven predictions for Linda McCartney-Zoolander.....? :lol: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:35 pm
wilson2.0 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:44 am
Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:16 pm
In Martinelli and Saka, we have the two most exciting and talented players in English, if not European football right now. Two 20 year olds ran supposedly the best team in Europe absolutely ragged. A decade ago, you just knew that they'd be playing for the opposition six months later but now, they're not going anywhere.
Every bit of optimism for Saka, ESR and Martinelli is valid. I believe Martinelli will firm as the heir to Neymar as Brazil's best attacker, shadowing Neymar, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho. Ronaldinho even compared him to Brazilian Ronaldo. He runs at defenders, he attacks the goal, he is such a natural receiving a through ball. granted his finishing was uncharacteristically poor against City, but that run where he picked the ball up 15 yards inside our own half and ran into the City box but pushed his effort just wide - I just know what was his intention when he got the ball. It wasnt some dumb luck run where he just ran aimlessly and wondered into the City box by accident. When he picked that ball up he knew what he was going to do.

At only 20 years of age, he will mature rapidly as time goes by. I have really high hopes he will be a great goal scorer, but there is a real part of me that believes he can reach that Ronaldo (brazil), Batistuta, Lewandowski, Suarez, Henry level - sensational footballers as well as goal scorers.

For me, he is the best young player I have seen at this club, even better than Cesc who was also brilliant at such a young age. Cesc never kicked on to be 'Xavi's heir', but hopefully Martinelli can go beyond great player and into world beater

I know many have a connection to ESR and Saka as they are local lads & from the academy. But I think Martinelli is the true galactico in the making, a potential ballon dor winner.

I think its inevitable one day he will leave. I hope its at least 5 years away, and after he was helped us win the league - which is feasible if he indeed turns into the player I speak of. And when we do sell himm its to Real Madrid. Barcelona or PSG for a world record fee.
Mate, please stop posting about Saka, Martinelli and Smith-Rowe. You are the kiss of death. Remember your hysteria driven predictions for Linda McCartney-Zoolander.....? :lol: :wink:

:shock: HOLY FUUUUUCCCCKKK! I'd forgotten about Him/Her! :cussing: :banghead: :banghead:

He's still only out on Loan. :suicide:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

arrgee wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:10 pm
StuartL wrote:
Wow - might have to wash the car or something

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The Clubfoot C.unt suspended once more

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:08 am
The Clubfoot C.unt suspended once more

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Honestly not sure what I enjoyed more, our epic gutsy ten man backs to the wall seige mentality last night - or realising the mong Clive won't insult our Jersey for a few games! :D

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Last edited by OneBardGooner on Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Time to completely drive AFTV out of our club :barscarf: . Nothing but a bunch of wrong 'uns! who make our supporters look like *word censored* & embarrass our club :banghead:

I'm surprised that Arsenal allow these muppets to congregate outside their stadium on the clubs premises, they should be kicked out now.

Close down the bastards & don't let 'em continue! :barscarf:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... r-25967813

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

StuartL wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:20 pm
arrgee wrote:
StuartL wrote:
Might even be 5 weekends in a row, 16 jan, 23 jan as well. Everything should be back to normal on 19 feb.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

arrgee wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:16 pm
StuartL wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:20 pm
arrgee wrote:
StuartL wrote:
Might even be 5 weekends in a row, 16 jan, 23 jan as well. Everything should be back to normal on 19 feb.
Another free weekend on 26/27 feb

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gotta admit I'm not feeling too positive this morning.... :|

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Still in with a shout of winning the Papa John's pizza colouring competition.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:09 am
Still in with a shout of winning the Papa John's pizza colouring competition.
One slice at a time mate.