The Positive Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: The Positive Thread

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:33 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:05 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:40 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:02 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:03 pm

Yeah! If our Fave Mod DB catches it - his legs are so short the AF will be on his bollox in no time! :lol: :wink:
Who said that? :shock:

:lol: :wink:

Lefty has Hacked my Account!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

:-P :D
Fuckin Time Bandits are tag teaming me again, it makes a change from tea bagging I guess :lol:
And some one has Hacked Lefty's account, because he would NEVER say such a thing about me and DB - Coz we are Mates, Buddies, Bro's! :D :high5:
:lol:
Must have been the wife :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

In that case... Nothing more needs to be said. :| :wink:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Ooh liking this thread , Aubas been dropped and Gabi is getting a run of games now remove that captaincy. :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

We're in the top 4 in December, last time that happened was 2018 :barscarf: :barscarf:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Emile Smith Rowe has scored 7 goals in 17 appearances (3 as sub) this season. Not since the days of Pires and Ljungberg has there been such a prolific goal scoring midfielder.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

arrgee wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:23 pm
Emile Smith Rowe has scored 7 goals in 17 appearances (3 as sub) this season. Not since the days of Pires and Ljungberg has there been such a prolific goal scoring midfielder.
That was what he needed to add to his game - and he certainly has :barscarf: :barscarf: top player, for me my favourite along with Ramsdale and Gabriel.

Our goal difference is now positive !! :shock: :shock:

On another positive note Martinelli - his performance was so full of energy, alongside Lacca’s physicality, so much more of a threat than Auba’s trudging about half heartedly.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:19 pm
arrgee wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:23 pm
That was what he needed to add to his game - and he certainly has :barscarf: :barscarf: top player, for me my favourite along with Ramsdale and Gabriel.

Our goal difference is now positive !! :shock: :shock:

On another positive note Martinelli - his performance was so full of energy, alongside Lacca’s physicality, so much more of a threat than Auba’s trudging about half heartedly.
Emile always had goals in him from when I first saw him in the youths. Not a surprise. Once Saka and Martinelli (and maybe even Odegaard) start banging the goals in, the sky is the limit! Emile has been my favourite Gunner for about 4 years now ;-). Used to go and watch youth team and under 23s just to watch him play.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Positives:

Ramsdale
Tomiyasu
Tierney
Gabrielle
Martinelli
Laca
Saka
ERS

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:30 pm
Positives:

Ramsdale
Tomiyasu
Tierney
Gabrielle
Martinelli
Laca
Saka
ERS
That's the guts of a decent side. Ohdeargod at best would be back up for Smith-Rowe for me. Get in replacements for Clive and Partey. Keep White as back up CH and go try get a top CH to partner Gabriel.

Then see if Lakonga and Tavares come good.

Laca has been great this season but how much has he left in his legs? So we need to look at replacing him.

But none of the above is impossible to do.

The problem is we have an ego driven novice manager that starts Clive and Ohdeargod every game no matter what. And if Boomerang hadn't acted the tit he'd still be getting picked to stroll around contributing nothing ahead of Martinelli every game.

Still it's a positive thread and I'll finish by saying the biggest positive I can see is that our young players are excellent. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Some people have been questioning Martinelli and whether he is as good a striker as some think he is/ can be:

Just as Saka, Ramsdale & ESR look like being an integral part of a Bright Future of Arsenal for (hopefully) quite a few years to come, I would also include Martinelli in that...Sometimes you can just tell when someone is a "Baller" and he most definitely is.

I also have High hopes for Tomiyasu, Tavares and Lakonga.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Another cup semi-final. Think that's a cup semi-final every season since 2012/13 bar one season 2015/16.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:01 pm
Another cup semi-final. Think that's a cup semi-final every season since 2012/13 bar one season 2015/16.
If you're implying that's progress or a good thing then that's a very Wengerish statement mate! :lol: :wink:

Personally I do not count semi finals as success if we don't win the cup. It's like finishing 2nd (or 4th!).

To me there are winners - and everybody else is a loser.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:19 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:30 pm
Positives:

Ramsdale
Tomiyasu
Tierney
Gabrielle
Martinelli
Laca
Saka
ERS
That's the guts of a decent side. Ohdeargod at best would be back up for Smith-Rowe for me. Get in replacements for Clive and Partey. Keep White as back up CH and go try get a top CH to partner Gabriel.

Then see if Lakonga and Tavares come good.

Laca has been great this season but how much has he left in his legs? So we need to look at replacing him.

But none of the above is impossible to do.

The problem is we have an ego driven novice manager that starts Clive and Ohdeargod every game no matter what. And if Boomerang hadn't acted the tit he'd still be getting picked to stroll around contributing nothing ahead of Martinelli every game.

Still it's a positive thread and I'll finish by saying the biggest positive I can see is that our young players are excellent. 8)
I am a massive ESR fan, but Ode has been exceptional last few games.

At last, we seem to be building a decent squad with the players above.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

We have 8 top players. All young. We can build a side round it. Give it a couple of years and we will be something. I believe that. Must keep them all and turn down any silly offers from the likes of City.

Ramsdale
Tommy
Gabriel
Tierney
ESR
Saka
Martinelli
ODG (really come on recently)

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:00 am
Nos89 wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:01 pm
If you're implying that's progress or a good thing then that's a very Wengerish statement mate! :lol: :wink:

Personally I do not count semi finals as success if we don't win the cup. It's like finishing 2nd (or 4th!).

To me there are winners - and everybody else is a loser.
It shows consistency of a big club. I get the point you're making but every semi final counts and is a minimum expectation for a club like Arsenal in each cup competition.