The Positive Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

The Positive Thread

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Right Gooners. :box: Enough of the depression and stress. We need cheering up. :ladida:

I’ll start us off.

1) We have the best young English goalkeeper in the League.

2) Tomayisu - proper defender. No nonsense.

3) Saka and Smith-Rowe (good song too)

4) Gabriel is coming on leaps and bounds.

5) Saliba to come back next season.

6) Tierney once match-fit will firm up our left.

7) Rumours we are looking at a brand new strike force. A new striker joining the Club always brings excitement.

8 - Arteta will be gone if we miss out on Europe. The Club can’t let that carry on.

arrgee

Re: The Positive Thread

Post by arrgee »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:08 pm
Right Gooners. :box: Enough of the depression and stress. We need cheering up. :ladida:

I’ll start us off.

7) Rumours we are looking at a brand new strike force. A new striker joining the Club always brings excitement.

8 - Arteta will be gone if we miss out on Europe. The Club can’t let that carry on.
1) agree
2) better than what went before, but did get bullied at Anfield, reserving judgement for now
3) agree. the two shining lights - along with Tierney and Martinelli should be fixtures in the team
4) agree
5) no chance with captain black in charge
6) yes, his fitness is the only doubt
7) who? Can’t see arsenal spending any big money. Expect Balogun and Martinelli to be up front next season
8. ) No chance
==============
9) Sambi and Tavares have potential if they cut out the errors.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:08 pm

I’ll start us off.

Great idea for a thread in these gloomy times mate. 8)

Boys, can we please just have this one positive thread? We have enough other threads to post our negative stuff on.

John F

Post by John F »

Does that mean all negative posts will be banned from this thread as I can see it turning very quickly :D .As a Gardener I appreciate a good pitch and the Emirates pitch is looking fine and dandy.What is surprising is normally this time of year the penalty areas s look bare but Arsenals look in tip top condition.Well done to the Ground staff and we'll done to Arteta for telling the players to stay out of the penalty box as much as possible.

augie

Post by augie »

Unless there is tits and pussy on this thread I fear that it will have a short shelf life :wink: :lol: :lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Allegedly the prawn sandwiches in Club level are excellent :rubchin: :lol:

Seriously though there is a lot of potential in the squad, I will leave it at that so as to not be negative with ifs, buts and maybes

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

John F wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:05 am
Does that mean all negative posts will be banned from this thread as I can see it turning very quickly :D .As a Gardener I appreciate a good pitch and the Emirates pitch is looking fine and dandy.What is surprising is normally this time of year the penalty areas s look bare but Arsenals look in tip top condition.Well done to the Ground staff and we'll done to Arteta for telling the players to stay out of the penalty box as much as possible.

:lol: :lol:

As the total non gardener that I am, perhaps you could tell me John....what fertiliser and weed killer do you think they're using and is there a danger that they might be over-watering?

Did your green fingers come naturally, or was it from picking your hooter too much?? :) :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Thought the joke thread was in the basement section :lol:

John F

Post by John F »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:22 am
John F wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:05 am

:lol: :lol:

As the total non gardener that I am, perhaps you could tell me John....what fertiliser and weed killer do you think they're using and is there a danger that they might be over-watering?

Did your green fingers come naturally, or was it from picking your hooter too much?? :) :wink:
:) My green fingers come from rubbing my teeth .The weed killer they use is not strong enough as I have noticed several on the pitch lately.
Keeping in theme of the thread Ballard is someone to keep an eye on for the future.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Kolasinac is out of contract at the end of the season. :barscarf:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:00 pm

Don't worry, if Wenger gets involved, as is rumoured, he'll offer him another 5 years and a wage increase. Happy days.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:21 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:

Don't worry, if Wenger gets involved, as is rumoured, he'll offer him another 5 years and a wage increase. Happy days.

You bastard……….I’d not allowed the thought to lodge in my head and now you’ve gone and implanted it :banghead:
The return of Wenker that is
Last edited by StuartL on Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Smith Rowe
Saka
Still in the league cup
The kits are quite nice again
Ramsdale
Tommy
Tierney
We're staying up

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Charlie Patino is the next big thing.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:24 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:21 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:

You bastard……….I’d not allowed the thought to lodge in my head and now you’ve gone and implanted it :banghead:
The return of Wenker that is

I’m sorry Stuart, I know it sounds harsh, but I can’t encourage self delusion. Sometimes one has to be cruel to be kind and you know as well as I do....he’s coming back....heaven help us, he’s coming back...... :( :( :(