Beegee hairs bottlers V Soton LLDD Sat 11th Dec KO 3PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: Beegee hairs bottlers V Soton LLDD Sat 11th Dec KO 3PM

Post by goonersid »

Seems to be going a bit better now, going by the goals for and against :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

xgtdec wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:27 pm
2-0 Arsenal, Oh dear god, header from 6ish yards
3 in 3
Good to have found a goal scoring midfielder :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Seems as if Auba fucked off to Barcelona after the Everton defeat without permission to get a fucking tattoo.

Should that be such a big deal if he doesnt miss a training or team meeting ? Is it just a dickhe*d manager trying to show who is boss, or maybe a cuntin manager looking for an excuse to drop his captain ? :rubchin:

Seems harmless to me

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Absolutely lording it, we’re fucking BACK baby :barscarf:

Bet they’ll nick one before half time and end up winning 3-2 :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:36 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Seems as if Auba fucked off to Barcelona after the Everton defeat without permission to get a fucking tattoo.

Should that be such a big deal if he doesnt miss a training or team meeting ? Is it just a dickhe*d manager trying to show who is boss, or maybe a cuntin manager looking for an excuse to drop his captain ? :rubchin:

Seems harmless to me
I’d imagine even in normal times you’d need special permission from the club to leave the country midweek, something which is even more important at the moment due to covid and it seems he just fucked off without asking .

He’s had previous turning up late for the NLD when he was fucking about in his Lambo.

I’m with Arteta on this one I have to say, doesn’t matter if you’re the club captain or a reserve in the U-23s - if you’re shitting all over club rules then out you fucking go.

If you make an exception for a player then the others will shit all over you.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

nearly half time, its all been a bit pedestrian bar the first goal!

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Whenever we're 2-0, we'll always give the opposition a free-kick on the edge of the box just before half time. It's clearly all part of the famous process.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:44 pm
augie wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Seems harmless to me
I’d imagine even in normal times you’d need special permission from the club to leave the country midweek, something which is even more important at the moment due to covid and it seems he just fucked off without asking .

He’s had previous turning up late for the NLD when he was fucking about in his Lambo.

I’m with Arteta on this one I have to say, doesn’t matter if you’re the club captain or a reserve in the U-23s - if you’re shitting all over club rules then out you fucking go.

Ok, firstly if you are fully vaccinated and no government restrictions apply to leaving the country, how can he be punished for doing it ? In a few weeks time he (and others) will be leaving the country to fly to africa where by all accounts covid is more rampant than over this side of the world

Secondly, I said that as long as he didnt miss training or a team meeting it should be ok - you pointed to him turning up late for NLD which is a breach of club rules. If a player is given a day off, then he should be entitled to go where he wants as long as it doesnt defy health guidelines or involved danger sports

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Can’t agree with that at all Augie. Doesn’t matter what the government restrictions are re travel, club rules always trump them, we’re the ones paying him 350 grand a week after all.

When he goes away to play with the national team he will be tested on his return before he rejoins the group to protect the bubble.

Nobody at the club knew he’d gone to Barcelona so I’d imagine he just rocked back in with the first team squad on his return and how fucking moronic would we look if we’re missing 4 or 5 players for a match because we’ve an outbreak in the squad caused by that.

He didn’t ask because he knew he’d most likely be told no so just kept stum and went anyway.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

augie wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:56 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:44 pm
augie wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Seems harmless to me

Ok, firstly if you are fully vaccinated and no government restrictions apply to leaving the country, how can he be punished for doing it ? In a few weeks time he (and others) will be leaving the country to fly to africa where by all accounts covid is more rampant than over this side of the world

Secondly, I said that as long as he didnt miss training or a team meeting it should be ok - you pointed to him turning up late for NLD which is a breach of club rules. If a player is given a day off, then he should be entitled to go where he wants as long as it doesnt defy health guidelines or involved danger sports
I'd say it depends on the Clubs rules rather than the Governments. Immaterial of whether we like Arteta or not if PEA has broken the rules he should be punished. PEA has previous for this even before us, by all accounts he was a nightmare when at Borussia with his disciplinary record too.

To be honest we're not missing him particularly and he was awful for large parts of last season too. I'll be the first to criticise Arteta when it is necessary but in terms of treatment of players he has been consistent with the way he treated Ozil, Guendozi and now PEA. As someone said above it would be interesting to know what the rest of the squad feels about it all :rubchin:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Ramsdale and Gabriel battling it out for POTS it seems.

GAME FUCKING OVER :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Well done Gabriel. That Caballero is total toilet.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 EXCL: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang dropped from Arsenal squad for late return from trip abroad last week. 32yo had permission to go for personal reasons but was back later than agreed & it had Covid protocol implications. W/ @gunnerblog @TheAthleticUK #AFC https://t.co/im7yEtRK7X

Perryashburtongroves

I know you can only beat what's put in front of you and right now, Southampton are pure relegation candidates but it is good to see the players looking for the ball and being positive. After two matches of buggering about with sideways passing and giving the ball away every two seconds, it's refreshing.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

How unlucky can you be, Saka and Martinelli hitting opposite posts........ :roll: