Beegee hairs bottlers V Soton LLDD Sat 11th Dec KO 3PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: Beegee hairs bottlers V Soton LLDD Sat 11th Dec KO 3PM

Post by Gunner Rob »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:31 pm
I know you can only beat what's put in front of you and right now, Southampton are pure relegation candidates but it is good to see the players looking for the ball and being positive. After two matches of buggering about with sideways passing and giving the ball away every two seconds, it's refreshing.
We need to get rid in January.
He has done fuck all since signing a new contract anyway

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Xhaka off, Pepe on. I'm sure there's got to be a Buddhist teaching thing in there all about positive and negative moments needing to balance the universe or something.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

In comparison to most of our matches i quite enjoyed that today, i know the opposition are on a poor run but we needed to bounce back from recent results and 3-0 doesn't tell the whole story either. Flat track bullies for sure but if it is all we can manage at this moment in time i'll accept it if it moves us forward for next season. We have a lot of inexperienced players in our squad who hopefully will improve over time and i suppose we have to accept another couple of seasons of this because Arteta is going nowhere :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:27 pm
Seems as if Auba fucked off to Barcelona after the Everton defeat without permission to get a fucking tattoo.
Doesn't he know there's a really good tattooist at the bottom of Blackstock rd!??? :shock: :?

So we win 3 - 0 over the Mighty Soton eh!?
WOW!!!! :shock:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:32 pm
xgtdec wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:27 pm
2-0 Arsenal, Oh dear god, header from 6ish yards
3 in 3
Good to have found a goal scoring midfielder :barscarf:
Even though he's shyte at everything else! :D

Midz

Post by Midz »

Pleased we won today. Soton are on a very bad run at present but that's not our problem. We beat them and that's good. And without the tattoo seeker. Yay!! :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Nice to get back to winning ways - predictable enough

Haven't seen any of the game but from what was being said on Sky Sports we scored completely against the run of play and seems like Ramsdale had another decent game

The first of the six game unbeaten run successfully navigated !

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

A win and all is rosey in the El beige garden :oops: Its as if the limp cocked reversals at Goodison and Auld Traffart didn't happen :rubchin: anyhoo a win is a win.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

In the excitement it seems we all missed the fact that one of our strikers scored for the first time in a long time :shock: :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:45 pm
Xhaka off, Pepe on. I'm sure there's got to be a Buddhist teaching thing in there all about positive and negative moments needing to balance the universe or something.

There sure is Perry, it is sometimes referred to by some followers as the "Two Errors in the Hands of Fate, The Buddha apparently said something along the lines of (btw: I wasn't there when he said it, but read it in one of the more lucid footnotes in of The Three Pillars of Buddhism, which also takes many quotes from Paramansa Yoganda's "Autobiography of a Yogi" (a very worthwhile read) :

The hands of fate and the purpose of life's journey will sometimes ask of each other what is Truth?

So for xhaka to even be in the first eleven is a mistake (perhaps by design) but then to be on the pitch and then removed balances the initial error, by bringing Pepe into the fated equation - much like what occurs in the "Arc Between Two Deaths" (The Non-existent nor measured span of time between two events) - A very wise woman by the name of Doris Humphrey said that having studied "Stillness" for some 35 years in near isolation in a quartz crystal lined cave on the The Steppes in Mongolia.

So Perry you are indeed a very wise being and thus should be venerated. :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Perryashburtongroves

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:50 pm

There sure is Perry, it is sometimes referred to by some followers as the "Two Errors in the Hands of Fate, The Buddha apparently said something along the lines of (btw: I wasn't there when he said it, but read it in one of the more lucid footnotes in of The Three Pillars of Buddhism, which also takes many quotes from Paramansa Yoganda's "Autobiography of a Yogi" (a very worthwhile read) :

The hands of fate and the purpose of life's journey will sometimes ask of each other what is Truth?

So for xhaka to even be in the first eleven is a mistake (perhaps by design) but then to be on the pitch and then removed balances the initial error, by bringing Pepe into the fated equation - much like what occurs in the "Arc Between Two Deaths" (The Non-existent nor measured span of time between two events) - A very wise woman by the name of Doris Humphrey said that having studied "Stillness" for some 35 years in near isolation in a quartz crystal lined cave on the The Steppes in Mongolia.

So Perry you are indeed a very wise being and thus should be venerated. :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:
I think we need to close the forum now. In this one moment, we have achieved our state of being, reached true purpose and can neither exist without this moment of clarity nor ever achieve such depth and truth ever again. We are at our Michael Thomas moment.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:09 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

I think we need to close the forum now. In this one moment, we have achieved our state of being, reached true purpose and can neither exist without this moment of clarity nor ever achieve such depth and truth ever again. We are at our Michael Thomas moment.
:high5: Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! 8)

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

OneBardGooner wrote:

DB, can you ban people for sniffing their own farts?

Perryashburtongroves

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:13 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

Right, I take it we're back open again then? The age of enlightenment lasted about five minutes, which is probably a new record round here. We once went about three minutes back in the Golden Age of the Forum in about 2008-09 but if I remember rightly, it ended with a thread about birds off on holiday without their bloke.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:21 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:13 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

Right, I take it we're back open again then? The age of enlightenment lasted about five minutes, which is probably a new record round here. We once went about three minutes back in the Golden Age of the Forum in about 2008-09 but if I remember rightly, it ended with a thread about birds off on holiday without their bloke.
:lol:

The classic thread