Mensi Angelic Upstarts RIP Sunderland Home LC QF tribute & match thread. Tues 21 Dec 7.45PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rian1

Re: Mensi Angelic Upstarts RIP Sunderland Home LC QF tribute & match thread. Tues 21 Dec 7.45PM

Post by Rian1 »

Granted it's Sunderland and they are not very good, Eddie has looked decent today. Obviously won't be able to replicate the things at PL level but it would be good to see him do some of the stuff when it counts the most. Albeit, he did have great chances but couldn't put them away recently.

Rian1

Re: Mensi Angelic Upstarts RIP Sunderland Home LC QF tribute & match thread. Tues 21 Dec 7.45PM

Post by Rian1 »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:37 pm
Need to get Balogun out on loan in January to somewhere he will play 90 minutes week in week out.
True. For a kid who fans hype him up and think is the next big thing in Arsenal, he's looked quite poor against a very shit Sunderland team. I'm sure 90 min every week in a Championship contender/side would see him well. Maybe abroad loan could be on the cards too.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Midz wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:41 pm
What a night for Charlie Patino. Excellent stuff.

Charlie, Charlie :barscarf:
Charlie, Charlie :barscarf:

Been a while since we’ve sung that.

Good performance, hopefully no injuries from a few heavy tackles - shame as they could play some football and definitely had their moments, causing us a few problems.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:25 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:23 pm
Eighteen my bollocks! He looks about 12. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's what I thought! :high5:
Yeah yeah,, talk about hiding in the open :shock: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Rian1 wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:45 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Need to get Balogun out on loan in January to somewhere he will play 90 minutes week in week out.
True. For a kid who fans hype him up and think is the next big thing in Arsenal, he's looked quite poor against a very shit Sunderland team. I'm sure 90 min every week in a Championship contender/side would see him well. Maybe abroad loan could be on the cards too.

True, but I also thought that smith-rowe (who I'm a massive fan of), was totally anonymous tonight and that doesnt mean he isnt good enough. I would like to see balogun go out on loan too, cos he needs more than reserve football at this stage in his career

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Fantastic to have good young players again

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Smith Rowe and Odegaard together doesn’t work.Too similar, we still need a player with bite they had them and in the first half it showed.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Exactly the performance wanted against a league 1 team. Eddie hat trick, excellent, Pepe goal and two assists good for confidence. Patino scoring on his senior team debut lovely. I loved the way he was absolutely determined to get that ball in the net.
Merse's is right about Eddie, sign the contract stick around for a couple more years as the club is moving forward. Rarely do strikers get their rhythm in their early 20's, mid twenties onwards when they score majority of their goals.
Disappointed with Balogun again. It seems the league cup is where the opportunity comes for the youngsters and need to make an impression in the games when you can. In recent memory Martinelli, Tierney and Nketiah have done that. It'll be great to win this cup again after 29 years

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:33 pm
The transfer of hair from Rob Holding’s arse to his head still the most impressive sight of the evening for me 8)
If I had his missus, I'd be doing the same. Absolute treacle!

https://premierleaguenewsnow.com/wp-con ... scaled.jpg
Are they her own arms? They're very hairy.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Thynker wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:22 pm
rodders999 wrote:
The transfer of hair from Rob Holding’s arse to his head still the most impressive sight of the evening for me 8)

I always wonder do these footballers who get hair transplants continue to take medication to stop further loss. Surely it fucks with their body a bit as it affects the testosterone

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

Ah well, the expected result in the end. To be fair I didn't think there was much in it at all in the first half, just went to shit when we lost broadhead, but for a decent spell we kept the ball well and didn't look like a league one side, Pritchard in particular looked comfortable. Defensively we were awful again mind and that'll always be punished by players that the likes of arsenal have. Second half was too easy but there we go (Hume will never live down making Pepe look like Pele). Oh well, back to trying to get out of this shit league.

Plenty for arsenal fans to be optimistic about though, some proper good younguns. Be interesting to see if Nketiah gets a real chance with Aubameyang being in the bad books. The lad looks a prospect but he's got to be getting first team football. Like I say we were shit at the back but you attacked well, good use of overlaps, clinical finishing, taken a while but Arteta seems to be getting it right. Every chance of top 4 this season, good luck with that and the semi finals

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

safcftm wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:41 am
Ah well, the expected result in the end. To be fair I didn't think there was much in it at all in the first half, just went to shit when we lost broadhead, but for a decent spell we kept the ball well and didn't look like a league one side, Pritchard in particular looked comfortable. Defensively we were awful again mind and that'll always be punished by players that the likes of arsenal have. Second half was too easy but there we go (Hume will never live down making Pepe look like Pele). Oh well, back to trying to get out of this shit league.

Plenty for arsenal fans to be optimistic about though, some proper good younguns. Be interesting to see if Nketiah gets a real chance with Aubameyang being in the bad books. The lad looks a prospect but he's got to be getting first team football. Like I say we were shit at the back but you attacked well, good use of overlaps, clinical finishing, taken a while but Arteta seems to be getting it right. Every chance of top 4 this season, good luck with that and the semi finals
Cheers buddy. Hopefully we'll see you lads back up in the PL sooner rather than later. Best of luck for the remainder of the season.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:50 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:25 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:23 pm
Eighteen my bollocks! He looks about 12. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's what I thought! :high5:
Yeah yeah,, talk about hiding in the open :shock: :lol:
:coffeespit:

Superb Lefty. I genuinely laughed out loud there. :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Thynker wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:22 pm
rodders999 wrote:

I just want to erupt in/on that :barscarf:

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Thats it for the run outs for the second stringers. Now we are in the semi finals and with no Europe. The League Cup should be high priority and the first team should play in both semi finals.

For fuck sake dont keep playing the team that 'got us here'. Wenger won a lot of respect for fielding the kids against Jose's Chelsea machine with Cech, Terry, Lampard Droga as the spine back in 2007. They valiantly lost 2-1. Which was indicative of how Wenger was managing the team (winning isnt everything).

Ill be pissed if Arteta doesn't field the strongest team. Mind you, I think he isn't stupid and will jump two feet in trying to win this cup