Mensi Angelic Upstarts RIP Sunderland Home LC QF tribute & match thread. Tues 21 Dec 7.45PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Mensi Angelic Upstarts RIP Sunderland Home LC QF tribute & match thread. Tues 21 Dec 7.45PM

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arsenal v ScouseFilth

OneBardGooner

Re: Mensi Angelic Upstarts RIP Sunderland Home LC QF tribute & match thread. Tues 21 Dec 7.45PM

Post by OneBardGooner »

Chavs v The Filth

John F

Post by John F »

I've got a feeling that It will be us v the swamps final as the Chavs and the dippers won't take this seriously.I don't think my nerves could stand it.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

I'd have preferred to play Spurs.

Though we could unleash Martinelli against Liverpool's high line. Long ball works against them but Id have preferred a one leg match against them.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Ernie71 wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:58 am
Nos89 wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:30 pm
Exactly the performance wanted against a league 1 team. Eddie hat trick, excellent, Pepe goal and two assists good for confidence. Patino scoring on his senior team debut lovely. I loved the way he was absolutely determined to get that ball in the net.
Merse's is right about Eddie, sign the contract stick around for a couple more years as the club is moving forward. Rarely do strikers get their rhythm in their early 20's, mid twenties onwards when they score majority of their goals.
Disappointed with Balogun again. It seems the league cup is where the opportunity comes for the youngsters and need to make an impression in the games when you can. In recent memory Martinelli, Tierney and Nketiah have done that. It'll be great to win this cup again after 29 years
Eddie is not good enough,Sunderland are his level.Why do Arsenal fans get carried away when players play well v lower league opposition?. The same goes for Pepe.We have made too many mistakes with contracts in the last few years Ozil Aubameyang Xhaka lets not go down that road again. In 18 league games this season Nketiah has not been in the squad 14 times
Nketiah is at the age where he either becomes the next Dwight Gayle, or the next Andy Cole. I think he's worth sticking with as he has a goalscoring instinct that we haven't got at the club with any other player at the moment. As for the miss at Everton, name me a striker that hasn't missed a sitter in their career? At least he was in that position to miss it.

Midz

Post by Midz »

John F wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:16 pm
I've got a feeling that It will be us v the swamps final as the Chavs and the dippers won't take this seriously.I don't think my nerves could stand it.
I think they'll all take it 'semi' seriously (did you see what i did there :D ) as it's a semi-final and a chance for silverware. If nothing else we'll need the best backline we can put out against any of the teams left.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Midz wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:04 am
John F wrote:
I think they'll all take it 'semi' seriously (did you see what i did there :D ) as it's a semi-final and a chance for silverware. If nothing else we'll need the best backline we can put out against any of the teams left.
I concur.I was hoping the 3 teams left in the hat with us would all come a cropper lastnight or at least 1 or 2 of the showers of arsepieces :( but as it is they all got through.Weve got a fucker of a Jan now
Jan 1 Citeh H
Jan 5 Dippers H
Jan 9 Forest A
Jan 12 Dippers A
Jan 16 Filth A
That bunch of fixtures worries me as a defeat with our lot is usually followed by 2 or 3 more.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:07 pm
Midz wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:04 am
John F wrote:
I concur.I was hoping the 3 teams left in the hat with us would all come a cropper lastnight or at least 1 or 2 of the showers of arsepieces :( but as it is they all got through.Weve got a fucker of a Jan now
Jan 1 Citeh H
Jan 5 Dippers H
Jan 9 Forest A
Jan 12 Dippers A
Jan 16 Filth A
That bunch of fixtures worries me as a defeat with our lot is usually followed by 2 or 3 more.
Also with Martinez-Lite now first choicing his bastard love child the moronic Clive every PL game, how many of the couple of winnable ones will get fucked by the walking head injury...... :roll: