Dirty murdering West Ham filth H Weds Dec 15th KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Dirty murdering West Ham filth H Weds Dec 15th KO 8pm

Post by StuartL »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:32 pm
That's what happens when you take a pen with a broken leg.....when I saw Laca rolling around in agony it was obvious his leg was busted.
Martinelli grabbed the ball initially, I thought he might take it.
Wasn’t a bad pen as such but good height for the keeper to get to

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Really enjoyable to watch tonight. The team are so much better with Laca as the focal point bringing in all the youngsters in a way Auba can't.

I didn't doubt that we would win this and I dont see us losing any of the next four.

The test for me is avoiding a rinsing on New Years Day but this was a positive first step

Refuse to listen to all this top four nonsense though- games in hand and until we start winning away, thats just a pipe dream

Great to see Martinelli back on song. Might just be a blessing whats gone on with Auba

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonertux wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:06 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:46 pm
Pure Paul Merson.
Just what I was about to post! The run across the edge of the box, followed by the swinging left foot. Beautiful. Had a cheeky tenner on Martinelli first goal as well. Sweeeeet!
Nice! :barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

I haven't enjoyed an Arsenal match like this one for a very long time. Everyone played well tonight including Clubfoot even if he did make a few minor blunders. Let's be honest, it'd be petit to pick fault with anything. Well done Arsenal. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:32 pm
That's what happens when you take a pen with a broken leg.....when I saw Laca rolling around in agony it was obvious his leg was busted.
Unless your name is Cesc Fabregas...

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Philip Walton now agreeing with the decision, normal service resumed :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Tomiyasu = The Tominator! :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:34 pm
The state of the wham lad that just came on with the Egyptian pimp hair. :oops: :lol:
This is him! :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:11 pm
Another wonderful save. Another horrendous Xhaka moment.
I know I nearly put my foot through my screen hoping I might stamp on his throat! :cussing:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Good game played by The Arsenal, from start to finish in good control, only for a few minutes when they went down to 10 men we wobbled but Saka and Smith Rowe combined again, great finish.
I've been critical of Martinelli this season and he looks to be back into the groove and showing his quality. his work down the left was excellent and battled well with Antonio, who I thought was their best player. Time to move Martinelli into the middle?
Odegaard has improved but we look so much better with Smith Rowe in the no.10 role.
Our defence at home is getting stronger by the game, and much better with Tierney starting. It is still a worry that our midfield three each made an error that put our defence in jeopardy. When Odegaard made a blind pass across the area that gave them an opportunity, Xhaka looked at him as if to say, "hey, that's what I do".
Thought it wasn't a pen watching live, but Lacazette shouldn't have taken. I remember TH14 say that in France he learnt that the player that is fouled to win the win, doesn't take the penalty and I think we should get back into that mindset. Also, can we stop selling GK's to clubs in the Premier League. Up to 4th, nice, hopefully we can still be in that position on 1st January 2022.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Thought it was harsh in real time but after seeing the replays that was a stone wall penalty.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Good to see that the Emirates has become a fortress for us after a patchy few seasons there

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

We are starting to build some home form this season, barring the defeat to Chelsea and the draw with CP i think we have won all of them and you can tell because there is more of an atmosphere building in the ground which is nice to hear. We really need to start getting some away results now though.

Good result tonight even if there were a few dodgy moments, the pen was a pen, anywhere else on the pitch a free kick is given for that challenge so fuck spammers the whinging cnuts. Both were good goals tonight, Laca worked his bollocks off and the youngsters around him really benefitted from it, we really need to work on being more clinical with our finishing though i feel we still linger too long getting the shots away giving time for defenders to get back and block the shots.

Pretty much everyone did exactly what they had to tonight and truth be told Ramsdale was barely tested even though he did make one good save. Reluctantly i have to admit that even Xhaka wasn't completely awful tonight although that was more by luck than design.

Immaterial of who is in charge the club needs to concentrate of keeping these youngsters together and then bring in some better central midfielders and we might actually have the makings of a decent team, consistency needs to be bedded in and not being ragdolled by the Victims, Shitty and Chavs needs to be the next target.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

A good win against a decent side 8) And a couple of cracking goals :barscarf: 4th but we won't be anywhere near this if we don't start picking up some points away from home.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Martinelli with a great finish for the first goal....dont think it was a penalty for Laca

Why was ESR not on from the start? FFS its clear as fuck we playour best football when hes on the field

ESR with another great goal

Have severe doubts remaining on arteta...