Dirty murdering West Ham filth H Weds Dec 15th KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: Dirty murdering West Ham filth H Weds Dec 15th KO 8pm

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

I'm sure arteta wil get credit for picking the right time to bring martinelli into the first team when really it took another injury to force the cone boy into the obvious

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:40 am
I'm sure arteta wil get credit for picking the right time to bring martinelli into the first team when really it took another injury to force the cone boy into the obvious
Exactly.....much the same with ESR....he looks like a lucky manager

Did notice the look on artetas face when dragging Martinelli back onto the field of play when he had cramp....look of real anger or hatred

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:20 pm
xisstential wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:32 pm
That's what happens when you take a pen with a broken leg.....when I saw Laca rolling around in agony it was obvious his leg was busted.
Unless your name is Cesc Fabregas...
Does this mean that Laca is now going to threaten to go on strike unless he gets his dream move to the barcawhores?

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

The most frustrating thing about this team at the moment is that we can actually play well, press well and dominate teams however we don't do it consistently.

Setting aside the top 3 for a minute we should be able to perform like last night against every other team in the league but we struggled against some of the relegation fodder more than against teams like Leicester and Spammers.

Arteta should have a grip of them enough now after 2 years to be able to get at a minimum good performances every match from our 10 men, Xhaka is an impossibility, if he can't get 100% consistently then he needs to look at himself more because he is not getting his expectations across every time they step on the pitch

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Midz wrote:
I haven't enjoyed an Arsenal match like this one for a very long time. Everyone played well tonight including Clubfoot even if he did make a few minor blunders. Let's be honest, it'd be petit to pick fault with anything. Well done Arsenal. :barscarf: :barscarf:
Dito. :barscarf: :barscarf:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:22 pm

Worst memory was Highbury 1975 when we played them in the FA cup...fuckin rained all day...those fuckers was everywhere....stuck on corner of the northbank...we had a definite penalty turned down...and the ball got stuck in the mud so that pikey Alan Taylor scored...thats a painful memory
I remember that as well. Got drenched at the front of the North Bank. Nowadays the referee wouldn’t have allowed the game to be played.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:46 pm
Pure Paul Merson.
When did Merson kick a ball with his left foot?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:32 am
Nos89 wrote:
xisstential wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:32 pm
That's what happens when you take a pen with a broken leg.....when I saw Laca rolling around in agony it was obvious his leg was busted.
Unless your name is Cesc Fabregas...
Does this mean that Laca is now going to threaten to go on strike unless he gets his dream move to the barcawhores?
Isn't that what Auba is effectively doing? Aguero forced to retire Barcelona have a vacancy up front.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Xkaha rating from last night....

Often looked cumbersome in the middle of the park, giving the ball away either with careless passing or ponderous dawdling.

Yes that comment really could be from any game....will he be our new captain?

apparently narrowed down to 3 candidates......Odergaard, Tierney or Xkaha
Last edited by Redarmy on Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:44 pm
Thought it was harsh in real time but after seeing the replays that was a stone wall penalty.
Yeah me too, he went over the top of the ball and clattered Lacca’s leg.

Did their guy get booked for his lunge on Ramsdale ? Cos if he did I,didn’t see it (or missed it)

Some good stuff played, another clean sheet, with only 1 or 2 nervy moments.

Loving how solid Gabriel is

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:23 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Thought it was harsh in real time but after seeing the replays that was a stone wall penalty.

Did their guy get booked for his lunge on Ramsdale ? Cos if he did I,didn’t see it (or missed it)

No, Antonio got away with it.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:39 pm
StuartL wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

That was absolutely at least a booking as he flew in with his studs up and definitely not in control of his actions.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:31 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Did notice the look on artetas face when dragging Martinelli back onto the field of play when he had cramp....look of real anger or hatred
I'm sorry that's bollocks I'm no Arteta defender but he could have played Pepe or Nketiah , whatever he does he'll never get any credit on here from some people and to suggest he hates him is ridiculous.
He got a lot to prove still but his signings this year have been good or were they lucky as well, we just need to sort our away form out and he needs to let them loose a bit more

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:04 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:39 pm
StuartL wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

That was absolutely at least a booking as he flew in with his studs up and definitely not in control of his actions.
Agreed 100% on the Antonio incident. Shocker. But totally disagree on the penno incident. I thought he got enough of the ball. I hate the way tackling is becoming a dying art in modern football. It's supposed to be a contact sport and once that contact is reasonable and not reckless, violent, or dangerous, then I'm happy enough.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner265 wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:36 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:31 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

I'm sorry that's bollocks I'm no Arteta defender but he could have played Pepe or Nketiah , whatever he does he'll never get any credit on here from some people and to suggest he hates him is ridiculous.
He got a lot to prove still but his signings this year have been good or were they lucky as well, we just need to sort our away form out and he needs to let them loose a bit more
Haha you know what seriously I thought he looked at Martinelli with real dislike too! :lol: Of course I then thought "no that couldn't be" but there's something about Martinez-Lite that I can't quite take to, being honest. He appears very arrogant and ego-driven for a novice manager. :|

I liked him as a player, before his legs went, because he was intelligent and positioned himself well to read the play and be proactive which was the complete opposite of the likes of Song and Denilson who only ever reacted and often too late.

I wonder if Martinelli got mouthy at a training session or something because it's odd that the manager keeps dropping him after good performances and only seems to pick him when forced to through injuries or unavailability of other players. Or maybe I'm reading way too much into it! :D