Canary cockholes A Boxing Day KO 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Canary cockholes A Boxing Day KO 3pm

Post by rodders999 »

Rodders has seen the light, I’m now “Team Tets” who’s with me :barscarf:

8)

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:07 pm
I get people wanting ESR to play but Odegaard was very good today, ESR and Odegaard are two different types of players and im not sure the two assists from Odegaard would have been provided by ESR.

Anyway another result which improves our goal difference and hopefully it will cancel out next weeks mauling :barscarf: :barscarf:

In terms of where we are i think we are finally beginning to get to where we should have been for the last few seasons against the fodder, now however we need to start getting results against the midtable teams..... the top teams are going to be a different prospect for a while yet :rubchin:
Yeah Muzz,

In the last couple of years we lost to the likes of Villa, Leicester, Wolves etc which makes a big swing on points, the same way us beating West Ham has done for us.

4th is a very realistic prospect at this stage, even if it would be too early for Champions League progress maybe.

Does 3rd in the group stages get you dropping to EUFA after the early rounds still next season ?
Wouldn’t be a bad thing to miss some of the obscure places and shit pitches.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I would take clge and lose every game 5-0 , as long as it's at sperz expense and the financial implications it would bring on them and their stadium debt :barscarf:

shu

Post by shu »

Good to get the games played and points in the bag :D

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I know it's in the realms of fantasy but any sort of result better than a complete drubbing against Shitty and we will actually have had a decent Christmas period for once :shock:

Oops forgot about Wolves, that could be a banana skin :rubchin:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:16 pm

8)
Maybe.

I’m still undecided after the United and Everton defeats. I blame Arteta for those and if we want to finish top 4 then we should have got a result at one of them at least.

Assuming City beat us on Saturday then that is already 7 defeats this season. we are still a work in progress.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:20 pm
rodders999 wrote:

8)
Maybe.

I’m still undecided after the United and Everton defeats. I blame Arteta for those and if we want to finish top 4 then we should have got a result at one of them at least.

Assuming City beat us on Saturday then that is already 7 defeats this season. we are still a work in progress.
Spot on Rob, it's a wait and see!

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:20 pm
rodders999 wrote:

8)
Maybe.

We’re the youngest team in the league so work in progress is to be expected. I thought we played well against United though despite the defeat.

The good news is that we seem to be picking up a lot of wins despite the set backs along the way.

Win or lose, it’s great to have a team I can get behind again. So many talented youngsters and committed players. Sign a striker and ease Xhaka out and the future looks bright :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:

8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:05 pm
I know it's in the realms of fantasy but any sort of result better than a complete drubbing against Shitty and we will actually have had a decent Christmas period for once :shock:

Oops forgot about Wolves, that could be a banana skin :rubchin:
It's been Postponed due to COVID.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Not a bad thing that the wolves game is off to be honest. Fucktard would have rotated I’m sure and we will upset the impetus we have. We need to play the same team every game at the moment, they have great continuity and confidence is sky high, benching a few would be disastrous.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

We definitely seem to be scoring better now at least, 19 for 2 against in the last 5 games. Yes we played some poor teams but no one complains when the top 3 only score 4 or 5 against the teams we have played :rubchin:

Since the spanking by the victims we only lost by one goal in the two defeats, admittedly we shouldnt have lost either but under Emery and Wenger I dont remember us winning so convincingly, at least in terms of goals, over such a run and that was with more mature experienced players. This is a very young team with at least one complete donkey so like it or not Arteta is due some credit :roll:

I'm still not a flip-flopper like our Rodders and would prefer someone else Managing but I am honest enough to say in the main we have improved recently :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Let me say that yesterday seems to be one of those days when things need to be seen or taken in context cos the stats dont tell the full story - lads on here yesterday were championing odeargod for 2 assists, but lets be honest here, that is glossing it up slightly isnt it ? The first "assist" was a nothing 5 yard pass where saka created a goal from nothing. The second was what I would call an assist cos it was a class ball out to Tierney and he finished well, but imo the goal was all about odeargod's pass.

Is it fair to say that var shone nicely on us yesterday ? To me I thought a penalty should have been given against laca, and as much of a smith-rowe fan as I am, I have to say that I thought that he was marginally offside for his goal.

All that being said, it is very pleasing that we played a team and didnt stop at 2-0 and actually went onto hammer them

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

A good win yesterday but im not pishing my knickers yet.Im still 100% El beige out..How he can play that fucking retarted arsepiece from Basel is beyond me :oops: fuck me he really offers zero.Its how we do when we play the harder fixtures that will be the yardstick for me..he failed miserably at Anfield OT and Goodison..the latter at least 2 points dropped..at OT playing Tavares who got bumraped and then Xhakas shitebag antics at Evertons winner..those brainfarts cost us 2 pts minimum possibly more.I think a semi decent manager would get us top 4 with the cock out i have my doubts about the beegee barneted one.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Just watching the SlySports full coverage I taped at 2am last night. Fucking Clive just fired the ball straight out of play ten yards behind Tierney whilst under no pressure whatsoever and then...... started having a go at Tierney for some reason that can only make sense to him while it rattles around inside his empty fucking head. :roll: :censored:

Tierney muttered something and glared back at the stupid cùnt.