Arsenal v Wolves

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Arsenal v Wolves

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Arsenal’s match with Wolves on Tuesday is set to be postponed, after a combination of injuries & a number of new Covid-19 cases in the Wolves squad. [@TimSpiers, @TheAthleticUK] #afc

rodders999

Re: Arsenal v Wolves

Post by rodders999 »

Injuries??? Fuck that. What’s that got to do with anything :roll:

The whole things a farce now anyway. Palace couldn’t fill their bench today but were forced to play against the scum, the same scum who got games called off at the drop of a hat when they had an issue.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Fucking tossers. Swerving playing us when in form. Basically fraud.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The Fix is in. (again)

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I can’t believe they even mentioned injuries.
What has that got to do with anything ?

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:39 pm

The whole things a farce now anyway. Palace couldn’t fill their bench today but were forced to play against the scum, the same scum who got games called off at the drop of a hat when they had an issue.

It really is a disgrace now and injuries should have fcuk all to do with it - far be it for us to defend the bin dipping scum, but last season they had a catastrophic run of injuries and at one stage had 8 players out inc their 3 first choice centre backs, but at no stage was it ever considered that they should be allowed call games off. These cunting clubs have at least 60 players on pro contracts in their clubs, and yet they cant fill an 18 man squad ?? Do me a fcuking favour :roll: These c.unts are getting games off cos some of their main players are affected, and it is about quality not quantity. A knock on effect which is not being mentioned or recognised is that teams like burnley and watford will be in a position to add more quality to their squads via transfers from Jan 1st, so pushing back these games until they have a better/stronger team could be a huge benefit to them, whilst other clubs down there are soldiering on with the same players that have them fighting relegation as it is

I should also add that it is same scenario up at the top end of the table where manure and our scummy neighbours could benefit from having their games postponed

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Disappointed it’s cancelled as I was looking forward to watching that and we’re in good form.

On the positive side, playing 2 games in less than 48hrs is stupid and quite often sees a drop off in performance or squad rotation. At least now we have some proper rest before we have a go against City.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:28 pm
Because you have to have, I think, 13 players available including a keeper from your 25 man named premier league squad.

Fuck em

Gives our players a well deserved break - we will beat Wolves whenever we face them.

augie

Post by augie »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:20 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:28 pm
Because you have to have, I think, 13 players available including a keeper from your 25 man named premier league squad.

Fuck em

Gives our players a well deserved break - we will beat Wolves whenever we face them.

But premier league rules state that players under the age of 21 DO NOT have to be registered, so why not call up some of them then ? Brighton yesterday had a young 17 year old Irish striker (Evan Ferguson) on their bench, so it isnt unheard of for clubs to use young players. To answer my own question, it's that clubs will argue that there is too much £££ involved in premier league to ask clubs to play when missing so many of their "top players", but imo this is a slippery slope and I wonder how long it will take for a club to use a lengthy injury list as an excuse for seeking a postponment and citing these postponements as a precedence

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

It's very open to manipulation games being called off, like the fixture schedule (2 games in less than 48 hrs :roll: ) and of course VAR.

Tomorrow a game we could of won form we are in if it had gone ahead but I think would of come at a price 2/3 would of got muscle injuries.

No European fixtures so we can fit that Wolves game in easy enough down the line. City Saturday then a league cup semi final for squad freshness it could be worse.

Of course it's not ideal for fans especially the many that travel from places far afield from London, but supporters were always the last consideration anyway when it comes to fixtures.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Does us a favour if other teams have to play. No excuses now ahead of the City game

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:38 pm
Does us a favour if other teams have to play. No excuses now ahead of the City game
Particularly as City still have Brentford to play beforehand (if it stays on)

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:39 pm

No surprise now Rodders though as we have all seen. The legitimacy of the league is gone, that club do what ever they want and get away with it. The bias isn't even hidden anymore. Palce not able to train all week yet request to postpone denied, scum requested same weeks ago and was done no questions. Its a scandal.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

I wonder if Arsenal will look for a postponement against scum if they have a few COVID cases. 4 players at AFCON takes the squad down to 21, so with a handful of injuries and CoVid cases, they could easily be below 14, especially if Mari, Kolsinac, Chambers , Nketiah and Maitland Niles are sold/loaned.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The most corrupt thing about it is that there is zero accountability for what’s going on. Wolves have a few injuries, they’re about to come to ours to get their tummies tickled but by combining a few positive cases to their injury list they’re able to get the game cancelled.

Nobody knows what the criteria is for getting a game pulled, how many cases in the squad triggers it and why are injuries now being factored in as a reason to call off a game?

Is it first team players at Wolves that have covid? Or is it fringe players or u-23s that wouldn’t be playing anyway? Is it even players who have it at all….maybe it’s just the coaching or back room staff that are effected?

Some teams are definitely pulling a fast one getting games called off over the hectic Christmas/new year period to gain an advantage by having a stronger squad when the game gets replayed later on.

Why was our game at Brentford forced to go ahead while other teams in the same situation are now given a free pass?

Scum getting every game they requested pulled but when Palace had the same issues they were made field a team yesterday.

They’re not even trying to hide it anymore, it’s being rigged in plain sight :roll: