Citeh cheeseycocks H Jan 1st 2022 KO 1230

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Citeh cheeseycocks H Jan 1st 2022 KO 1230

Post by falkirk goon »

Next up after todays bumholing of the Canary cockholes its the best team in the land :| 1-3 would be my guess..lets just hope it isnt followed by a run of other pumpings as seems to be the usual with this team.
Last edited by falkirk goon on Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteveO 35

Re: Citeh H Jan 1st 2022 KO 1230

Post by SteveO 35 »

Where the good times end !

We never score against them let alone take points off them

0-2 inside 15 minutes

0-3 by full time as they'll just ease up and get bored in the second half

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:37 pm
Where the good times end !

We never score against them let alone take points off them

0-2 inside 15 minutes

0-3 by full time as they'll just ease up and get bored in the second half
Unfortunately I think you are right mate. We have some great young talent going forward and Martinelli is a talented scrapper that can win the ball and Ramsdale is a superb young keeper - but ultimately we will lose this in midfield where Clive and Partey will simply be bypassed, out thought, out paced, and out fought, and at the back where Ben White will cost us if he thinks dribbling out of defence against Norwich or the toon is the same as trying to dribble out of defence against citeh.

I don't think we'll take a hiding but agreed it will probably be over by halftime and the final score will probably be determined by how hungry citeh are or how bored they get. :(

Worst thing here would be if we were somehow one nil up (very unlikely I know) with a half hour to go..... because then the novice with the ego Martinez-Lite would try and be clever and sit back and try out tactic the bald spoofer and we'd fuck away a decent win. :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

A somewhat tame Thread Title FG !? :shock: :cry: :?

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:42 pm
Sorry OBG :oops: i was ill yesterday and obviously wasnt thinking straight :D

Nos89

Re: Citeh cheeseycocks H Jan 1st 2022 KO 1230

Post by Nos89 »

Looking at the way Leicester broke them down in the second half comeback shows they are vulnerable to the quick break through the middle. I'd start with ESR, Martinelli through the middle and Saka, with Tavares on the left in front of Tierney. We might also see Aubameyang return to the squad. if he isn't in the squad for the city game, he's leaving in January for sure.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:32 pm
Looking at the way Leicester broke them down in the second half comeback shows they are vulnerable to the quick break through the middle. I'd start with ESR, Martinelli through the middle and Saka, with Tavares on the left in front of Tierney. We might also see Aubameyang return to the squad. if he isn't in the squad for the city game, he's leaving in January for sure.
I genuinely hope we don't see him back, and I say that as a fan of his, well the old him, anyway. We simply can't afford to carry a passenger up front whilst carrying two passengers in the middle of the park.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Outside chance we win, small chance we get a point, most likely we will lose, but it needs to be respectable. We need to make it a contest, even if City eventually overcome us to win, they need to be made to work for it.

As far as the team goes, I dont think Odegaard should play, ESR is a more solid presser with a defensive game. Lacazette works hard, Martinelli and Saka put the effort in. I worry about the midfield though, our weakest area by far. I have a feeling Partey and Xhaka will be mere training cones and City pass through them. Just tell them to occupy the space infront of the back 4 and maintain discipline. You cant really press City high up the pitch, they move the ball so well they will eventually find a way though. We will probably need to defend the space in our own half & pick our moments to attack. Its going to be one of those games were you feel like your being strangled. I remember playing Barcelona when they were at their peak and you would defend an attack but they would win it back and they came at you again - the football equivalent of being water boarded.

despite the likelihood of a loss, I think think we can win. Outside of Stamford Bridge and Anfield, & given the way we are playing right now, this fixture would be the hardest on their league calendar.

Ramsdale

Tomiyasu White Gabriel Tierney

Partey Xhaka

Saka ESR Martinelli

Laca

OneBardGooner

Re: Citeh CheeseCocks H Jan 1st 2022 KO 1230

Post by OneBardGooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:35 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:42 pm
Sorry OBG :oops: i was ill yesterday and obviously wasnt thinking straight :D

Ooooh! Missis.....

:gayflag: :lol: :wink:

NO worries Bro hope you are feeling better today...the title change would suggest so!

#COYG Try not to get Bum Holed ! :barscarf: :box:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:31 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:32 pm
I genuinely hope we don't see him back, and I say that as a fan of his, well the old him, anyway. We simply can't afford to carry a passenger up front whilst carrying two passengers in the middle of the park.
I concur DB.

It is a somewhat unfortunate and perhaps sad conclusion to his time at Arsenal FC, but hey! ho! At least he still gets his £400k (ish) a week whilst feeling sorry for himself.

Also, I just keep thinking the kind of proper Mid-field Protector we could get and pay with that money if we manage to ditch Auba. :rubchin:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

I reckon we will win this 3-2

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Odergaard likely to start....midfield has to be over run by City...way to immobile and if they also give away cheap possession which partey is prone to do....can see nothing but a defeat

On the plus side going forward with ESR, Saka, Tierney and the ever willing runner Martinelli we can sneak a goal or even 2

Going to be interesting as this is the acid test

How will Odergaard find space? how will Ben White stand up to the pressure? how will arteta set them up? will xkaha get sent off?........as i say going to be interesting

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

If we win this big Poppa Roaddz is gonna be 100% #TeamTets :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:43 pm
If we win this big Poppa Roaddz is gonna be 100% #TeamTets :barscarf:

:D :wink:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:43 pm
Odergaard likely to start....midfield has to be over run by City...way to immobile and if they also give away cheap possession which partey is prone to do....can see nothing but a defeat

On the plus side going forward with ESR, Saka, Tierney and the ever willing runner Martinelli we can sneak a goal or even 2

Going to be interesting as this is the acid test

How will Odergaard find space? how will Ben White stand up to the pressure? how will arteta set them up? will xkaha get sent off?........as i say going to be interesting
How is this the acid test , have you seen the form they're in ,we are not competing with City , most people would have been happy with a Europa spot this year and we are in with a chance of that at the halfway stage. Unfortunately whatever defeat we get it will be used as another stick to bash Arteta with because the progress we have made is sheer luck anyway apparently.
I just hope we dig in a bit and have some fight in us but certainly won't be judging our form on this game.