Citeh cheeseycocks H Jan 1st 2022 KO 1230

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Ray C

Re: Citeh cheeseycocks H Jan 1st 2022 KO 1230

Post by Ray C »

Fuck ! we totally outfootballed them up until the send off then got fuck all points. Wont play much better than that first half again this year. :barscarf: :barscarf:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

https://mobile.twitter.com/knickthought ... 33541?s=24

This boils my piss. What was the ref doing in that position

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Read an interesting article a couple of days ago into a massive betting scam potentially involving referees in some of Europes top leagues that is based in the middle East...... after todays fiasco you really do begin to wonder :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:04 pm
Read an interesting article a couple of days ago into a massive betting scam potentially involving referees in some of Europes top leagues that is based in the middle East...... after todays fiasco you really do begin to wonder :rubchin:

I understand that line of thought normally but 2 out of the 3 big decisions the ref got right today, and on the third one most of us believed that he got it right as well until we seen a totally different replay at half time.

We lost today cos we had a swiss cock playing midfield who started the capitulation, and then in a rare moment of madness gabriel added to the self destruction

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:09 pm
So unbelievably gutted :cry: :cry: :cry:
Yep, 10 hours later and still this...

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

To add, Martinelli was excellent but he puts away that open goal, Gabriel doesn't get a second yellow.
Xhaka doesn't learn and cost us again in a game we should have won. Surprised he didn't get a second yellow.
Progress has definitely been made by The Arsenal. Measured, strong disciplined performance. Saka was excellent, and will get stronger, Partey was brilliant as were our full backs. Lacazette led the line well.
Team delivered a performance, if not the result. Hopefully, that will hurt them and come back stronger for the rest of the season.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

g88ner wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:41 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:31 pm
The thing about this team now is that with they exception of skid mark Xhaka they’re all really likeable and easy to support.

Gone are the dark days of suffering looking at helmet head, sideshow, the bug eyed bottle job, Giroud, Iwobi and all the other shite.

There’s a real bond between the team and fans and if we can get a couple more additions in along the lines of what we’ve been doing of late and flush out the last few remaining turds we will have a very decent side indeed.
Totally agree, it’s a very likeable, hard working team that’s easy to get behind…. and it’s been a few years since I could say that!

We all know it’s obvious but Xhaka needs replacing ASAP then bring in a striker too and this squad could do something special.

our first team is strong bar xhaka, but the squad is weak still, out bench is turd bar ESR, we need 2/3 first teamers (striker and 1 cm and 1 cb (for white imo) and a couple of good squaddies.

As for the game i missed it but was mightily pissed off when i saw the context, but this wasnt the game to judge us, very encouraging it sounds and annoying its gone like that especially after scum fluke/fix, but the scum game is key. We have to beat these *word censored*, then im drinking the kool aid.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Nice to see MOTD whitewash a genuinely corrupt refereeing display. The lack of any card for those *word censored*. And then Rodri inciting a riot with his shirt off. Should have been two yellows.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:18 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:04 pm

I understand that line of thought normally but 2 out of the 3 big decisions the ref got right today, and on the third one most of us believed that he got it right as well until we seen a totally different replay at half time.

We lost today cos we had a swiss cock playing midfield who started the capitulation, and then in a rare moment of madness gabriel added to the self destruction
A replay that VAR would have had instant access to Augie.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The reason we lost today is because of an utterly Inept or Corrupt ref and VAR (Overseen by the one and only Utterly Bent) Mike Riley.

End Of.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:05 pm
Nice to see MOTD whitewash a genuinely corrupt refereeing display. The lack of any card for those *word censored*. And then Rodri inciting a riot with his shirt off. Should have been two yellows.

Yeah ! Wrighty used to be my Footballing hero - He has sold his soul. He is just like the rest of the apologists and excuse makers on MOTD.

#FuckOffWrighty.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:29 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:05 pm

Yeah ! Wrighty used to be my Footballing hero - He has sold his soul. He is just like the rest of the apologists and excuse makers on MOTD.

#FuckOffWrighty.
Wrighty’s a fucking arsehole. Sold his soul as you say. I’ll tell you a story. Wrighty nearly went bankrupt about a decade ago. Shaun Wright Phillips paid his debts off. Where did SWP earn the dough that paid the debts off? Chelsea and City….. :censored:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The most disgraceful VAR decision that ever went against us was the Calum Chambers made up foul that disallowed a late winner by Sokrites at home to palace during Emery’s time. Complete corruption that one, we even got an apology from the premier league afterwards (fuck lot of good that was to us :roll: )

The reason I bring that up is that the same cheat c.unt who stitched us up in the VAR room that day - Jarred Gillett - was also doing VAR in our match today.

Rotten.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

As pissed off as I am still there are some positives to take from today, one being that when we set our minds to it we can go toe to toe with a decent team, at home at least.

Partey has shown what he can do as well but he needs that level of performance week in week out.

PEA who, I don't think we have ever played that well against City with him in the team and it makes you wonder if him being away from the squad has lifted a weight from them.

Saka definitely seems to have gotten over his early season Euro hangover.

Martinelli is growing every minute he plays, yes he missed a chance today but in all honesty his miss today was no worse than some we have seen from other more experienced players this season, it cost us but he is not responsible for what proceeded it nor what followed

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

augie wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:11 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:44 pm
As someone who has been Arteta out for quite a while, I give him huge credit for how we set up today, and the players were up for the battle but it has to be the biggest example of self harm to persist with Xhaka at the club. He has been here since 2016 and I still don't know what he offers to the club. He lunges in to challenges, loses the head with zero provocation and makes dumb mistake after dumb mistake. Any manager persisting with him is clueless, regardless of how well the rest of the squad is shaping up and with players like Xhaka they cost you you're job.

Maybe my absolute opposition to the man is clouding me here, but I put today's performance down to the players more than the manager - right now we have a young hungry team that are willing to work their arses off for the cause. System's are all well and good but are doomed if you dont have players with the right attitude, and this is something that all our recent mangers (inc legohead) have discovered in recent seasons.
I know what you mean Augie but tbf we were excellent in and out of possession today, the players don't decide that, the game plan does . What pisses me off about Arteta is that he persists with that twat Xhaka. He is at the club 5 years, offers nothing but Is an instant starter and presumably Arteta and his coaching staff had a plan for the game but were still willing to throw the dice with Xhaka.