Scum* who got us all banned from europe 85-90(but the media dont ever say anything about it) Cup semi H Thu 20jan KO 745

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Scum* who got us all banned from europe 85-90(but the media dont ever say anything about it) Cup semi H Thu 20jan KO 745

Post by falkirk goon »

Next up after todays latest Basel bulge fuck up weve got these arseholes.Usually when we lose 1 we lose a few so 0-2
Last edited by falkirk goon on Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Re: Scum* who got us all banned from europe 85-90(but the media dont ever say anything about it) Cup semi H Thu 6 Jan KO

Post by OneBardGooner »

*JUSTICE FOR THE 39*

DB10GOONER

Re: Scum* who got us all banned from europe 85-90(but the media dont ever say anything about it) Cup semi H Thu 6 Jan KO

Post by DB10GOONER »

Superb thread title again FG. :D 8)

We all know LiVARpool* will be handed the win here by the cheating vermin that are the refs and the VARtards. Game is bent as fuck. :censored:

JFT39.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

All made for us to win this 1-0 up with a couple of minutes to go before the ref gives them something just so we can lose up there with a penalty given in the 18th minute of stoppage time.

shu

Post by shu »

So does this count as a game Gabriel misses ?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Definitely the best match thread title of the season....Nice work FG

No Salah or Mane for both games. Never have a better chance of reaching the final, especially if the German Shipman bloods more kids

2-1 win for us in the first leg

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

shu wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:01 pm
Yes it's a one game ban so misses Thursday, two yellows.

He can play if selected against Forest in the FA Cup.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Topside Northbank wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:44 pm
shu wrote:

I thought they brought in a new rule a few years back that bans in the league games only apply to league games?
Also, what channel is showing these semi finals?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

goonertux wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:35 pm
Topside Northbank wrote:
shu wrote:

I thought they brought in a new rule a few years back that bans in the league games only apply to league games?
Sky Sports, with regards to the suspension i think it applies to the next game not necessarily the next league game

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:40 pm
goonertux wrote:
Topside Northbank wrote:
shu wrote:

Sky Sports, with regards to the suspension i think it applies to the next game not necessarily the next league game
I’m partially with goonertux on this. No idea if it’s still in place, but they brought in a rule a few years ago that discounted the league cup from suspensions so, if that’s still the case, Gabriel will be suspended for the Forest game instead.

Either way, he should be okay for the S*rs game.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

g88ner wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:47 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:40 pm
goonertux wrote:
Topside Northbank wrote:
shu wrote:

I’m partially with goonertux on this. No idea if it’s still in place, but they brought in a rule a few years ago that discounted the league cup from suspensions so, if that’s still the case, Gabriel will be suspended for the Forest game instead.

Either way, he should be okay for the S*rs game.

But Gabriel Magalhaes (£5.3m), who was sent off for two picking up two yellow cards in Arsenal's 2-1 defeat to Manchester City, will be available as he will serve his one-match ban in the EFL Cup.

Unlike yellow cards, red cards are carried over to the domestic cup competitions.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Liverpool’s Carabao Cup semi-final first leg against #AFC is in doubt due to further positive COVID-19 tests in Jurgen Klopp’s squad.

The Athletic understands that #LFC's training session at 4pm has been cancelled.

More from @JamesPearceLFC & @bosherL

https://t.co/xyKxHnBTJA

Absolute corruption if this is called off why their best two players are away :banghead:

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

The Athletic is a very reputable source so it's a good chance Liverpool are looking for and a good chance that the first leg at least will be PP.

Of course a different competition but as far as domestic cups are concerned roll your minds back a year Aston Villa were told to play their kids after a covid outbreak or forfit the 3rd FA Cup tie at home to........Liverpool...... they played and did well to only lose 1-4 and it really was a Villa youth team.Not a lot of fairness there.

Nottingham Forest also PP yesterdays league game due to covid and injuries.Will our FA Cup tie also be PP or will Forest be made to play depleted or not?Who knows?

There is simply no set benchmark for playing or calling off matches. It's really open to corruption and lobbying.

Liverpool have CL as well in Feb so if the league cup gets PP who knows when it will be played the Jan schedule is pretty full, farcical.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

It wouldn't surprise me if the whinging Mickeys get the game called off, despite them and the rest of the football world laughing at our expense when we went to Brentford minus our best players

However, as has been pointed out on here, I doubt delaying it weeks into February will help either in terms of their European commitments. They've played kids in every bloody round up till now anyway!

I would also imagine for sponsorship, ticketing and corporate reasons, the organisers will want to know the finalists long before the final at the end of February, so there could only be a limited period in which the game could be played anyway.....and most likely still while the AFCON is going on

I'm going along to this as well on Thursday night - nice way to break up the first working week of the year!

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

More corruption in football to start the New Year.