Scum* who got us all banned from europe 85-90(but the media dont ever say anything about it) Cup semi H Thu 20jan KO 745

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: Scum* who got us all banned from europe 85-90(but the media dont ever say anything about it) Cup semi H Thu 6 Jan KO

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:46 pm
Midz wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:22 am
just watched the highlights and although Xhaka is a prick I thought his red card was a bit harsh. Certainly a booking but a straight red was unnecessary.
Disagree it was a straight red, pick one of three offences as last man prevented a goalscoring opportunity, high foot, endangering play towards another player. Unfortunately, cannot blame anyone else sheer wrecklessness. Three bonuses from xhaka red card 1) he made the challenge outside the box, therefore not conceding a penalty and 2) by playing 5-3-1 we were tighter defensively and 3) it galvinised our players with a siege mentality, something we've lacked after getting a red card at anfield
Sorry but much as i despise Xhaka i'm not having that, i've watched it from multiple angles and i stick by my original call at no point does Xhaka even look at the cheating Victim *word censored* his eyes are always on the ball, yes it was a stupid attempt to take the ball in the air but there was no violent intent, ask yourself this if it is the other way around and Jota? does Xhaka is he getting sent off, is he fuck, its yellow all the way.

Added to this there was cover coming over from White and Ramsdale is coming out to close him down and it is not a clear goal scoring opportunity. The final point is Jota clearly changes the angle of his run away from the direction the ball is going into Xhaka's already outstretched leg..... Anyway Xhaka is a *word censored* for repeatedly doing these things but i guarantee if Tierney did the same thing people would be making every excuse for it not to be a straight red and rightly so.

I agree that Xhaka should be nowhere near the team, or any team for that matter and Arteta and all the previous managers have indulged him way too long and i will truly be glad to see the back of the stupid *word censored* but in last nights case his reputation predicated the decision but i guarantee if it had been a Victim player on one of ours at the other end it would have been looked at for at least 5 mins from every single angle and the red card changed to a yellow if not a decision reversal because the Arsenal player would have been booked for assaulting the Victim players leg

OneBardGooner

Re: Scum* who got us all banned from europe 85-90(but the media dont ever say anything about it) Cup semi H Thu 6 Jan KO

Post by OneBardGooner »

And of course Jota rolled round like a snowflake bitch - Watch it in slow mo and Clive El Count's foot barely grazes his mid-rift...Clive's reputation is now set in stone and no matter what he does he will get carded... He's a MoronicCUNT of the highest order and I want him GONE! But no way was it a Red Card and Jota knowing this did what scouserFilth do best Cheated.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:30 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Midz wrote:
just watched the highlights and although Xhaka is a prick I thought his red card was a bit harsh. Certainly a booking but a straight red was unnecessary.
Disagree it was a straight red, pick one of three offences as last man prevented a goalscoring opportunity, high foot, endangering play towards another player. Unfortunately, cannot blame anyone else sheer wrecklessness. Three bonuses from xhaka red card 1) he made the challenge outside the box, therefore not conceding a penalty and 2) by playing 5-3-1 we were tighter defensively and 3) it galvinised our players with a siege mentality, something we've lacked after getting a red card at anfield
Sorry but much as i despise Xhaka i'm not having that, i've watched it from multiple angles and i stick by my original call at no point does Xhaka even look at the cheating Victim *word censored* his eyes are always on the ball, yes it was a stupid attempt to take the ball in the air but there was no violent intent, ask yourself this if it is the other way around and Jota? does Xhaka is he getting sent off, is he fuck, its yellow all the way.

Added to this there was cover coming over from White and Ramsdale is coming out to close him down and it is not a clear goal scoring opportunity. The final point is Jota clearly changes the angle of his run away from the direction the ball is going into Xhaka's already outstretched leg..... Anyway Xhaka is a *word censored* for repeatedly doing these things but i guarantee if Tierney did the same thing people would be making every excuse for it not to be a straight red and rightly so.

I agree that Xhaka should be nowhere near the team, or any team for that matter and Arteta and all the previous managers have indulged him way too long and i will truly be glad to see the back of the stupid *word censored* but in last nights case his reputation predicated the decision but i guarantee if it had been a Victim player on one of ours at the other end it would have been looked at for at least 5 mins from every single angle and the red card changed to a yellow if not a decision reversal because the Arsenal player would have been booked for assaulting the Victim players leg

Some fair points Muzz, but I think it might have been DB who said, seen 'em given as red cards and seen 'em not given. The decision was debateable at best and while I'm not entirely sure that the fact that it was Xhaka made up the ref's mind, I've no doubt that it is the reason why we're all slating him rather than defending him. That said, I make no apology for not cutting the clown any slack...it was a typically rash and awkward challenge and I'm sick to death of his moronic fuck ups.

Oh and please don't use words like "predicated"....this is the Onlinegooner Forum, no one understands it !!

:lol: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:09 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Midz wrote:

Some fair points Muzz, but I think it might have been DB who said, seen 'em given as red cards and seen 'em not given. The decision was debateable at best and while I'm not entirely sure that the fact that it was Xhaka made up the ref's mind, I've no doubt that it is the reason why we're all slating him rather than defending him. That said, I make no apology for not cutting the clown any slack...it was a typically rash and awkward challenge and I'm sick to death of his moronic fuck ups.

Oh and please don't use words like "predicated"....this is the Onlinegooner Forum, no one understands it !!

I do it's something to do with Shampoo. :D

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:11 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Midz wrote:

Yes, I think you’re right. Although it might possibly be something to do with coconut ? :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:05 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:11 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

Yes, I think you’re right. Although it might possibly be something to do with coconut ? :rubchin:

OH! You mean Augie's Pate!? :D :wink:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Midz wrote:

Doesn't matter which player committed the foul, it's still a red card challenge. If Robertson had done that to Saka I'd expect Robertson to be sent off. White was too far away to be called a covering player as he was behind jota. Anyway, it did us a favour, we tightened up and denied them any space giving us a greater opportunity of reaching the final

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Midz wrote:

Doesn't matter which player committed the foul, it's still a red card challenge. If Robertson had done that to Saka I'd expect Robertson to be sent off. White was too far away to be called a covering player as he was behind jota. Anyway, it did us a favour, we tightened up and denied them any space giving us a greater opportunity of reaching the final

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Midz wrote:

Xhaka was totally exposed in that covering postition, he has no pace to get back, of course he knew Jota was there ....it was a very reckless challenge...his boot connected with his chest....he as most of us are aware a total liabilty and is a major failing of the manager

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:01 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Midz wrote:

Disagree

If Roberson Had done that to Saka, no way would the ref give a Red Card so quickly to a home player at the scousefilths ground.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:50 pm
Nos89 wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Midz wrote:

Disagree

If Roberson Had done that to Saka, no way would the ref give a Red Card so quickly to a home player at the scousefilths ground.
The victims* would have wanted Saka's stomach banned for violent conduct, and then held an annual candle lit vigil for Roberston's foot.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Don't think anyone has mentioned it but I was a bit concerned about Ramsdale's slightly erratic performance. Looked like the atmosphere got to him. He was miss judging crosses, and was majorly at fault for the minamino opportunity. Hope it's a one off, as he's been a standout performer this season.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:04 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:50 pm
Nos89 wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

Disagree

The victims* would have wanted Saka's stomach banned for violent conduct, and then held an annual candle lit vigil for Roberston's foot.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :high5:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:26 pm
Don't think anyone has mentioned it but I was a bit concerned about Ramsdale's slightly erratic performance. Looked like the atmosphere got to him. He was miss judging crosses, and was majorly at fault for the minamino opportunity. Hope it's a one off, as he's been a standout performer this season.

Considering he was kept Very Busy and totally on call for 75 minutes or so of the game he did remarkably well and whilst he made a few dodgy calls he did keep a clean sheet.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:07 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:26 pm

Considering he was kept Very Busy and totally on call for 75 minutes or so of the game he did remarkably well and whilst he made a few dodgy calls he did keep a clean sheet.
Not that busy they only had 1 shot on target.