Scum* who got us all banned from europe 85-90(but the media dont ever say anything about it) Cup semi H Thu 20jan KO 745

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: Scum* who got us all banned from europe 85-90(but the media dont ever say anything about it) Cup semi H Thu 20jan KO

Post by TeeCee »

Burnley are calling off games left right and centre so they may well ask for the weekend to be cancelled! Looks like we'll be ok for the Bindippers. Reports today that Odegaard is fit and able to play after isolating, and Tierney, Saka, Chambers and Gabriel are all expected to be fit. No news on Tomi yet. I would assume ESR can't be that far off?

OneBardGooner

Re: Scum* who got us all banned from europe 85-90(but the media dont ever say anything about it) Cup semi H Thu 6 Jan KO

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:25 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:18 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:30 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:25 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:07 pm

Considering he was kept Very Busy and totally on call for 75 minutes or so of the game he did remarkably well and whilst he made a few dodgy calls he did keep a clean sheet.
Not that busy they only had 1 shot on target.

I'm assuming you watched the game? - They may have had only 1 shot on goal but our penalty box was the "busier" of the two and so Ramsdale whilst he had a few wobbly moments did well.

I've noticed you never make negative comments on the Scousers Hmmmm!? :rubchin:
What are you implying? Wash you mouth out son

Funny that whenever I'm optimistic and positive about The Arsenal I get shot down accused of being a rose tinted, Wenger loving, Wum.
I don't say negative comments about other teams and I don't post positive comments about other teams either, as I don't care about them.
Oh! Dear! Just saw this... WTF are you on about... are you on Blob or something 89!? Jeez.

Well Done and Good On you for always being 100% Positive . I wish I could be like that. I would doff my cap - If I had one.

:hmmthink:

As Greg the Lake once sang Confusion will now be my new motto thingy. :goingtobed:

augie

Re: Scum* who got us all banned from europe 85-90(but the media dont ever say anything about it) Cup semi H Thu 20jan KO

Post by augie »

TeeCee wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:56 pm
Burnley are calling off games left right and centre so they may well ask for the weekend to be cancelled! Looks like we'll be ok for the Bindippers. Reports today that Odegaard is fit and able to play after isolating, and Tierney, Saka, Chambers and Gabriel are all expected to be fit. No news on Tomi yet. I would assume ESR can't be that far off?

Tbf, the only games Burnley have looked to get postponed are the last two, cos every one of their other cancelled games were requested by their opposition

Nos89

Re: Scum* who got us all banned from europe 85-90(but the media dont ever say anything about it) Cup semi H Thu 6 Jan KO

Post by Nos89 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:07 pm
Nos89 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:07 pm

Considering he was kept Very Busy and totally on call for 75 minutes or so of the game he did remarkably well and whilst he made a few dodgy calls he did keep a clean sheet.

I'm assuming you watched the game? - They may have had only 1 shot on goal but our penalty box was the "busier" of the two and so Ramsdale whilst he had a few wobbly moments did well.

What are you implying?
There's no implication - Unless I've missed something you have said (which is entirely possible) I have noticed that you just never say anything negative or join in the usual banter like everyone else about the scousers I find it it odd considering your name ie : 1989 - probably our most memorable game/score/victory over them.

?
I don't agree with or like the banter about Hillsborough and the social stereotyping that goes on with being a football supporter. It's like Liverpool supporters singing about Arsenal supporters being Tory scum just cos we're from down south, when Islington is a labour council. Ignorance, and absolutely no need for the "hate". Keep the banter to football. I also do live in the North West and have done for last 15 years. I've taken a lot of stick for being a Gooner and for being a "cockney". I've given loads back but never about the social stereotyping that I grew up, singing about on the terraces. I'm embarrassed about those songs. Arsenal supporters have stopped singing anti-Semite songs which we did through awareness and education. I believe we're a cut above the rest, and shouldn't lower ourselves to the other teams level. Mancs sing about Hillsborough, scousers sing about Munich, IMO it's juvenile, offensive and disgusting. Traveling Gooner support, which I was a part for a good few years, are the best when we get behind the team. Hearing "Arsenal" sung, during YNWA last week is what it's all about.
Oh the other bit was in reference to that song we used to sing on the old north bank.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:47 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

What are you implying?
There's no implication - Unless I've missed something you have said (which is entirely possible) I have noticed that you just never say anything negative or join in the usual banter like everyone else about the scousers I find it it odd considering your name ie : 1989 - probably our most memorable game/score/victory over them.

?
I don't agree with or like the banter about Hillsborough and the social stereotyping that goes on with being a football supporter. It's like Liverpool supporters singing about Arsenal supporters being Tory scum just cos we're from down south, when Islington is a labour council. Ignorance, and absolutely no need for the "hate". Keep the banter to football. I also do live in the North West and have done for last 15 years. I've taken a lot of stick for being a Gooner and for being a "cockney". I've given loads back but never about the social stereotyping that I grew up, singing about on the terraces. I'm embarrassed about those songs. Arsenal supporters have stopped singing anti-Semite songs which we did through awareness and education. I believe we're a cut above the rest, and shouldn't lower ourselves to the other teams level. Mancs sing about Hillsborough, scousers sing about Munich, IMO it's juvenile, offensive and disgusting. Traveling Gooner support, which I was a part for a good few years, are the best when we get behind the team. Hearing "Arsenal" sung, during YNWA last week is what it's all about.
Oh the other bit was in reference to that song we used to sing on the old north bank.
strange request fella, but can you elaborate on that "old song" sounds vaguely famiiar, and its driving me crazy trying to remember it :D

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:09 am
Nos89 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

What are you implying?

?
strange request fella, but can you elaborate on that "old song" sounds vaguely famiiar, and its driving me crazy trying to remember it :D
think it was the one about OBG being a paranoid time bandit! Outing forum members as reds, and adhereing to McCarthyism! ;)

(beats being a bum bandit i guess, but never tried so who knows!!)

I find nos 89 very much too positive by half and seeing talent where none exists,eg eddie the feather, patino's performance vs Forest, etc and some of his opinions complete opposite of mine, but don't think hes a 5th columnist, just not as miserable as the rest of us!

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Redarmy wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

What are you implying?

?
To the tune of Que Sera, the lyrics I remember
"When I was just a little boy
I asked my mother, who would it be
Will it be Chelsea, will it be spurs
Here's what she said to me...
Wash you mouth out son..."
I can't remember the rest so if someone can help out it would resolve a 32 year earworm

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

the playing mantis wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:00 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

What are you implying?

?
think it was the one about OBG being a paranoid time bandit! Outing forum members as reds, and adhereing to McCarthyism! ;)

I find nos 89 very much too positive by half and seeing talent where none exists,eg eddie the feather, patino's performance vs Forest, etc and some of his opinions complete opposite of mine, but don't think hes a 5th columnist, just not as miserable as the rest of us!
I'll take that as a compliment :D Thanks

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:23 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

What are you implying?

?
I can't remember the rest so if someone can help out it would resolve a 32 year earworm

Gladly, :barscarf:

And go fetch your fathers gun,
And shoot some Tottenham scum, shoot some Tottenham scum.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:48 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

?

ah yes....thats it.....many thanks

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:48 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

?

Really??!! Fucking he'll thought it something about Arsenal being the number one, or the only one...no wonder I don't remember that bit.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:00 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

What are you implying?

?

Oi! Yer Hamster Arse smuggler stop stirring the shyte!

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Sounds like more bollocks to me. Two weeks later is this the best they can come up with. :lol:

https://www.givemesport.com/1824085-liv ... -first-leg

augie

Post by augie »

Clummo99 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:19 pm
Sounds like more bollocks to me. Two weeks later is this the best they can come up with. :lol:

Lord jesus that is embarrassing - with every line of defence they came out with, it just made it look more and more corrupt :oops: :oops:

Of course it wont happen, but some sanctions should be brought against these c.unts - not financial sanctions cos clubs have enough money to not give a shit about fines. Maybe expel them from this cup next season, or make them play all their games away for next 2 season

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:40 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:19 pm

Lord jesus that is embarrassing - with every line of defence they came out with, it just made it look more and more corrupt :oops: :oops:

Of course it wont happen, but some sanctions should be brought against these c.unts - not financial sanctions cos clubs have enough money to not give a shit about fines. Maybe expel them from this cup next season, or make them play all their games away for next 2 season
Sanctions, expelled from Cup......FFS no one has even mentioned it...all the shit has been directed at the Arsenal....with literally everyone having a dig