Our player values

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wilson2.0

Our player values

Post by wilson2.0 »

Ive seen some articles & blogs lately of fans calling on their clubs to move for ESR, Saka and Martinelli.

Some Liverpool fan blog prick thinks Martinelli could be bought for 40m and wrote an article saying how Liverpool should move for Martinelli and Saka, who he valued 50m. While some other City knob thinks ESR is 40m player - and he wants to buy him for that much.

I have to say, given the precedent set by other clubs, plus the English tax Saka and ESR would command. I would value ESR and Saka each above 100m based on the Grealish transfer. Martinelli is a hot brazilian forward and why wouldn't we want 100m plus for him given what he could be.

I would say Ramsdale with the English tax & youth (23 for a keeper) is another player worth a silly fortune.

We have never been good at getting the maximum amount of money for our best players. Henry for 16m, Cesc for 35m (when he had about 5 years left on his contract). Granted this was before serious inflation in transfer fees occurred, but they went in the cheap. To put in perspective, Spurs signed Darren Bent for 16m the same year we sold Henry to Barcelona.

The idea is not to sell at all. If we can pay PEA 350k a week, we need to budget for offering these three players something similar in time (if we dont, others will). But fuck me. It seems we have developed a soft touch reputation in the transfer market if these fans think we would roll over for such shit fees. Its not just the perspective of fans, Aston Villa tried to sign ESR for 30m despite getting 100m for Grealish. In hindsight it looks comical now but they were serious only a few months ago.

We are getting better on the field, but we need to harden up off it too. That means being aggressive in valuing our players. giving silly valuations to them and sticking to them. Infact, some players should be marked 'not for sale'.

nut flush gooner

Re: Our player values

Post by nut flush gooner »

Send me a link of the Liverpool blog mate, it might be worth a laugh.

With regards to the homegrown players, ESR and Saka are known Gooners. There are two reasons they would leave. Firstly if they get to their mid-20s and we are not competing for trophies ie at least top 4/CL and winning the odd cup, and secondly if the club decides to cash in on the players due to a silly bid of £100m+ from the likes of City.

Even then, the player would have the final say. Other fans don't get the connection both Saka and ESR have with the club, we haven't had a group of young players of this quality since the 80s.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Wenger used to always sell good players on the cheap after he was manager for 5 or 6 years, as soon as they wanted to leave he wanted them out the door fast so he would get them out quickly by cutting the price to get rid. He even used to let them choose what club they went to instead of taking the highest offer! :banghead: :banghead: :censored: :cussing:

Compare that to the Swamp Dwellers under Daniel Levy who always hold out for maximum prices for those players who want to leave. Kane can't leave because Levy & Lewis want top dollar, no one wanted to pay Levys price so he stayed even though they are £1.1billion in debt! . Bale was also sold for maximum profit & others like Modric.

Wenger shouldn't have been allowed to sell the clubs assets at such cheap prices, the directors & shareholders & later on Wiggy & Son should have demanded top money for our star players as mentioned above by Wilson 2.0

Early on Wenger would sell players like Anelka, Overmars others, & the rest like Ian Wright & John Harston for decent profits, then he started losing the plot! :censored: :banghead: :banghead:

I suspect David Dein wanted maximum wedge during Wengers early years but that doesn't explain Cashley Coles transfer to the Nazi vermin which was one of the clubs worst ever transfer decisions! We even got that cúnt Gallas in exchange FFS!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

If the Going Rate for someone like Grealish is £100million; which all know is at least £99Million too much (*), then ESR is worth £180Million as is Saka.

I just hope that the bonds the young players are building with the club and with each other mean they realise the importance of loyalty to the Shirt, Badge & Fans - more than huge amounts of money they might be offered elsewhere.

Arteta & Co need to act swiftly to ensure they pay them (Martinelli, Saka & ESR) The going rate and tie them down to long term contracts.

Trouble is when young talent begins to emerge their agent/s will want to get more money for themselves and their player by starting rumours, touting them around to the richer clubs - which can have a harmful affect by turning their heads etc.

IF we can hold onto them and they don't get any long term serious injuries then The Future IS Bright for Arsenal FC.

(*) I am still baffled as to why Pep (man $hitty - even with all their money) would not only spend so much on a player that for me is Totally Over-rated, but even bring him to their club. From what I have witnessed so far grealish lack of pace slows down their attacks, he is ponderous on the ball (he doesn't think or act as quickly as the rest of the team) he is nowhere near as skilled as De Silva, De Bruyne, or Gundogan. So! All Good Then! :D

ps: And he dives like a Beeatch.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:48 pm
Wenger used to always sell good players on the cheap after he was manager for 5 or 6 years, as soon as they wanted to leave he wanted them out the door fast so he would get them out quickly by cutting the price to get rid. He even used to let them choose what club they went to instead of taking the highest offer! :banghead: :banghead: :censored: :cussing:

Compare that to the Swamp Dwellers under Daniel Levy who always hold out for maximum prices for those players who want to leave. Kane can't leave because Levy & Lewis want top dollar, no one wanted to pay Levys price so he stayed even though they are £1.1billion in debt! . Bale was also sold for maximum profit & others like Modric.

Wenger shouldn't have been allowed to sell the clubs assets at such cheap prices, the directors & shareholders & later on Wiggy & Son should have demanded top money for our star players as mentioned above by Wilson 2.0

Early on Wenger would sell players like Anelka, Overmars others, & the rest like Ian Wright & John Harston for decent profits, then he started losing the plot! :censored: :banghead: :banghead:

I suspect David Dein wanted maximum wedge during Wengers early years but that doesn't explain Cashley Coles transfer to the Nazi vermin which was one of the clubs worst ever transfer decisions! We even got that cúnt Gallas in exchange FFS!

In all fairness TOF didn't want to sell Le Sulk - He tried to persuade him to stay, (anelka) was offered more money etc - Wenger had already planned to bring in TH14 as he wanted to play them both together - what a front line they would have made! It was Le Sulk's agent (his Brother) that 'turned his head' and touted him to other clubs. Pity because he could have been a club legend. :?