Forest A Fa Cup 3rd round Sun 9th Jan KO 510pm Itv

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: Forest A Fa Cup 3rd round Sun 9th Jan KO 510pm Itv

Post by Nos89 »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:23 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:18 pm
Disastrous result for The Arsenal. Absolutely, no cohesion or pace or passion to win the game.

How did you rate your man eddie!?! :-P
How did you rate Martinelli?

No good picking on individuals as they were all very poor. Except Patino. For the hour he was on the pitch he played sensibly. Noticeable the lack of trust of our midfield players by the defence affected our game. First 15 minutes we bypassed our midfield totally when it was more important to give them the ball early to build confidence.
Last edited by Nos89 on Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:30 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:12 pm
Would have been less painful to actually have someone stab me for 90 minutes.
Can't mate we are the champions of the White Shirt Campaign. :cry: :banghead:
The ‘no more red’ campaign made all the more nonsensical by the big, bright red ‘FA Cup sponsored by Emirates’ badge stuck on the shirts sleeve.

shu

Post by shu »

Thynker wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:16 pm
shu wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:58 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:18 pm
Almunia is a clown wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:12 pm
shu wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:04 pm

So I don’t live in London and from what we see it is black kids stabbing black kids , am I correct ?

Not just Black kids, I know personally of white families who have also lost their kids to this evil crap in the Gooner Valley region! :banghead: :twisted:

Some have also been our local Arsenal supporting families. RIP to the victims. Young lives gone too soon. :cry:
seen the images of the 30 and cant see any white faces
Exactly what I was thinking . All of that gangsta rap , American gang, uneducated crap. Father’s that don’t hang around stuff really. From where I sit it looks like black on black . I was told by a black girl in London the boys really thought there was a tracker in the vaccine ffs .
Wait till they hear about the trackers in their smartphones.
Well tbh I got in the car and it effectively drove itself to my destination , it was as if it had control of me , so don’t be ridiculous it isn’t my phone but hang on , the booster has to be . The booster is controlling us ,
Ha ha ffs mate :D

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:47 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Disastrous result for The Arsenal. Absolutely, no cohesion or pace or passion to win the game.

No good picking on individuals as they were all very poor. Except Patino. For the hour he was on the pitch he played sensibly. Noticeable the lack of trust of our midfield players by the defence affected our game. First 15 minutes we bypassed our midfield totally when it was more important to give them the ball early to build confidence.
Patino looked weak today, way too lightweight.....needs a spell out on loan...mind you some of the others were shockingly bad (Holding, Cedric and Tavares)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I could rant and rave for hours about how spineless and pathetic that display was but from the minute the team was announced I expected it

I don't know how quickly a novice manager learns lessons but this one truly makes me wonder. There has been one reason for the recent upturn in performances, results and goals scored - Alex Lacazette. I know a few others on here agree too. Remind me the last time we played anyone half reasonable and half physical away with Nketiah up top and it actually worked? Still trying to remember right?

Painfully obvious to anyone with half a footballing brain. Next time we start an away game without Lacazette (or a suitable replacement in the window) I will be lumping on the opposition

The only thing that surprised me was the surprise it caused! The commentators and pundits couldn't believe the lack of energy and chances created. I would say watch most of our games for the last 2 years when either Nketiah or Auba have led the line. It doesn't work, it never has, it never will, and if we do it again, expect another game like this one. Ben White carrying the ball to the halfway line, seeing no suitable target, and seconds later we are being attacked again. Exactly what happened at OT and why we lost there

Second obvious reason - lack of leadership. Dont know how many times we've said that until this group add one or two experienced leaders there will be more days like this. Limited team Forest (like Everton), but get the crowd on top of you, can't hold the ball up, and bang we will get beat by some very average teams. Watched the body language and attitude when the goal went in and might as well have switched the TV off there and then.

Just can't believe he can't see it. It really is that simple

Nothing I havent seen dozens of times in the past couple of years.

Hope Laca is rested for the Liverpool games too....I mean we've got Europe.....oh no sorry

wibble

Post by wibble »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:08 pm
Shameful!
Fuck off Arteta!!
Fuck off you C U NT
Kolasnic?? WTF
Just fuck off!!
Fraud!! Fuck off ! Fuck off and xxx if you want , for bringing this night of fucking shame!
Bastard ! c u n t ! Wanker, useless braindead little xxxxx c u n t

Edited by mod. Sorry sid those two comments break the rules mate.
Really? I can only assume your on a fishing expedition

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

On this showing we are 5 years away from challenging. The likelihood is actually that we lose Saka to City or the Scousers, Martinelli to Madrid and ESR is left on his own with us fighting for 8th.

It remains the case that Wenger left this club as a shell. Expensive shite piled high and an attitude stinking to high heaven. We have signed a few decent players but in a tide of shite they are struggling.

Maddening to see the millions we have wasted. :banghead:
Last edited by BobbyPires7 on Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

wibble wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:15 pm
goonersid wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:08 pm
Shameful!
Fuck off Arteta!!
Fuck off you C U NT
Kolasnic?? WTF
Just fuck off!!
Fraud!! Fuck off ! Fuck off and xxx if you want , for bringing this night of fucking shame!
Bastard ! c u n t ! Wanker, useless braindead little xxxxx c u n t

Edited by mod. Sorry sid those two comments break the rules mate.
Really? I can only assume your on a fishing expedition

I'd say there's alcohol involved :lol:

Block93

Post by Block93 »

Arteta has done it again, after cocking it up at Southampton in the FA Cup last season. Does he never learn?

The CFO at Arsenal will be after his blood, as season ticket refunds are now due for all, having pre-paid for home FA Cup ties this season in our renewals. Carabao Cup games are not included, and with no European matches - well, do the maths..

At any other club, surely he would be long gone.

augie

Post by augie »

Not gonna say a whole lot about today's farce, but I will say that all this talk about how poor is squad is past the first 11 is a total fcuking cop out - we had SIX full internationals in that team today, and we were playing a mid table championship team, so we should have had enough to beat them regardless :oops: The lack of quality back ups excuse only work if you are playing a team better than you, but ON PAPER we are way superior so the spotlight should be on tactics and player attitudes

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

Nos89 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

But Martinelli has performed in the league Nketiah never has and never will. His performance today brought back memories of Sanogo

Patino was like the mascot he was so lightweight .He needs a whole season on loan .Amazing the hype around a player who before today had played 5 minutes

Only a month ago our deluded fans were saying Tierney wont get his place back.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:39 pm
I could rant and rave for hours about how spineless and pathetic that display was but from the minute the team was announced I expected it

I don't know how quickly a novice manager learns lessons but this one truly makes me wonder. There has been one reason for the recent upturn in performances, results and goals scored - Alex Lacazette. I know a few others on here agree too. Remind me the last time we played anyone half reasonable and half physical away with Nketiah up top and it actually worked? Still trying to remember right?

Painfully obvious to anyone with half a footballing brain. Next time we start an away game without Lacazette (or a suitable replacement in the window) I will be lumping on the opposition

The only thing that surprised me was the surprise it caused! The commentators and pundits couldn't believe the lack of energy and chances created. I would say watch most of our games for the last 2 years when either Nketiah or Auba have led the line. It doesn't work, it never has, it never will, and if we do it again, expect another game like this one. Ben White carrying the ball to the halfway line, seeing no suitable target, and seconds later we are being attacked again. Exactly what happened at OT and why we lost there

Second obvious reason - lack of leadership. Dont know how many times we've said that until this group add one or two experienced leaders there will be more days like this. Limited team Forest (like Everton), but get the crowd on top of you, can't hold the ball up, and bang we will get beat by some very average teams. Watched the body language and attitude when the goal went in and might as well have switched the TV off there and then.

Hope Laca is rested for the Liverpool games too....I mean we've got Europe.....oh no sorry
Said it in the thread earlier this team is nothing without Laca and we desperately need cover or upgrade of that style of player, I agree with you although, we do know Laca's fitness is poor so to rest him here (when he really shouldnt have been needed as we should be able to beat a championship team), does make sense given we have scousers and scum coming up (but then start him get the job done in first half and sub him then certainly could be argued), yet the tactics were all wrong with the feather failing as ever when it counts. The system should have been changed or Martinelli put through the middle. The body language and attitude when the goal went in was no different to the rest of the shite beforehand! Today was about attitude and lack of in game management/tactics.

Smacks of Wenger - system not working all game, just carry on hoping the same thing will work despite all evidence to the contrary.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:56 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:39 pm

Said it in the thread earlier this team is nothing without Laca and we desperately need cover or upgrade of that style of player, I agree with you although, we do know Laca's fitness is poor so to rest him here (when he really shouldnt have been needed as we should be able to beat a championship team), does make sense given we have scousers and scum coming up (but then start him get the job done in first half and sub him then certainly could be argued), yet the tactics were all wrong with the feather failing as ever when it counts. The system should have been changed or Martinelli put through the middle. The body language and attitude when the goal went in was no different to the rest of the shite beforehand! Today was about attitude and lack of in game management/tactics.

Smacks of Wenger - system not working all game, just carry on hoping the same thing will work despite all evidence to the contrary.
I'm afraid Martinelli down the middle wouldn't have worked any better mate. We have one player who can play that role - yet again we've been sold short in a key position

I'm serious - if Laca is out for any period of time and we don't sign a replacement, this team will end up mid table

the playing mantis

Ernie71 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:35 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

But Martinelli has performed in the league Nketiah never has and never will. His performance today brought back memories of Sanogo

Patino was like the mascot he was so lightweight .He needs a whole season on loan .Amazing the hype around a player who before today had played 5 minutes

Only a month ago our deluded fans were saying Tierney wont get his place back.
Its amazing how we all see different things in the same game! Patino was completely anonymous and the game bypassed him, it was like 10 men (well 9 with eddie), yes all were poor bar Leno, but you have said Patino played sensibly when i think most thought he looked way off the pace and out of his depth (his time will surely come in the future) and your advocate Eddie as the future was dire. He didnt even put himself about or appear to try.

As Ernie says Martinelli was poor too, but has done it a number of times in the league against a much higher standard of oppo than eddie can ever hope too. Likewise Eddie was the focal point (rightly or wrongly) of the tactics and key to how we played and simply couldnt do it. The chance he got completely cocked up as he has many times in the past. Even when he does score its often shinned in. He is no better than the likes of Akpom, Afobe or Sanogo sadly.

the playing mantis

augie wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:33 pm
Not gonna say a whole lot about today's farce, but I will say that all this talk about how poor is squad is past the first 11 is a total fcuking cop out - we had SIX full internationals in that team today, and we were playing a mid table championship team, so we should have had enough to beat them regardless :oops: The lack of quality back ups excuse only work if you are playing a team better than you, but ON PAPER we are way superior so the spotlight should be on tactics and player attitudes
Fully agree we should have had more than enough to beat them. I think the point re the weak squad is that they struggled here so will be even worse in the PL if ever called upon which is a huge worry. It doesnt excuse the tactics or lack of effort, both on Arteta, athough given each player bar Leno's attitude was crap not sure thats all Artetas fault, as players must take some responsibility and we have seen it over the years with different managers we rock up and go through the motions thinking the game is won on paper. We didnt even go through the motions here though.

The issue today was tactics, we tried to play as we do with Laca holding it up and putting himself about, but had eddie the feather poncing around up front, not even running half the time just mincing around doing f all and then cocking up a golden chance. Thats solely the mangers fault for both going with that plan and sticking to it when it was clearly not working all game. The complete and utter lack of movement and spaces was all down to the front man not making runs, just standing there, the sooner Eddie fucks off to QPR or fulham to score 15 championship goals a season the better.

That said with Balogun out and also looking very lightweight and raw we have no one else. A Striker and a CM is absolutely crucial this window otherwise mid table beckons.