Forest A Fa Cup 3rd round Sun 9th Jan KO 510pm Itv

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
A11M11

Re: Forest A Fa Cup 3rd round Sun 9th Jan KO 510pm Itv

Post by A11M11 »

Isn't Bissouma still facing a court appearence on a sexual assualt charge. ?
Not the best reason to buy him.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:40 am
yes still on bail....think that will stop anyone buying him before next summer at least

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:11 am
Arteta just needs to pick the best 11. We only have the two legs against Liverpool plus a potential final, and the rest of the games are league games. He just needs to pick the best 11 and challenge the others to play their way into the team. Perhaps it was also complacency and thinking this would be an easy game that played into the defeat

Some players clearly not good enough and others are pretty raw - Patino Lokonga as a duo was pretty insane, although given Party is at the ACOF, what choice did Arteta have. If our next signing isnt a ready and capable midfield player we are sabotaging ourselves. Tavares also needs to watch himself, miles behind Tierney and if PEA can be frozen out then he sure as shit can be. Id leave him out of the squad against Liverpool.

Only way to make up for this is to win the League Cup and keep get back to winning ways in the league.

We have Liverpool and Tottenham away over the next week. Get a result at Anfield to give us a good chance in the home tie, but grab hold of 4th position by beating Spurs. If we beat Spurs then 4th place becomes very very very real. I want to go their and press high up the pitch and have Saka and Martinelli running at their wing backs.

I dont think we will be that shit against Liverpool and Tottenham. Mainly because the best 11 will be playing at they will be up for it like they were against City.
This - exactly. I understand that some players were unavailable through injury or COVID, but we are not in Europe this year, and so we are playing far fewer matches than any of the other teams with serious trophy aspirations, including the likes of West Ham. Why then was Lacazette on the bench? Did he have a knock? And while Leno didn't let us down yesterday, he has done on a number of occasions before. We did we not pick our best keeper? Is Ramsdale in need of a rest? This sort of rotational nonsense started with Wenger. Other clubs may do it to some extent, but they have far stronger squads. We don't. It is inexcusable. Arteta out.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:44 am
wilson2.0 wrote:
Arteta just needs to pick the best 11. We only have the two legs against Liverpool plus a potential final, and the rest of the games are league games. He just needs to pick the best 11 and challenge the others to play their way into the team. Perhaps it was also complacency and thinking this would be an easy game that played into the defeat

Some players clearly not good enough and others are pretty raw - Patino Lokonga as a duo was pretty insane, although given Party is at the ACOF, what choice did Arteta have. If our next signing isnt a ready and capable midfield player we are sabotaging ourselves. Tavares also needs to watch himself, miles behind Tierney and if PEA can be frozen out then he sure as shit can be. Id leave him out of the squad against Liverpool.

Only way to make up for this is to win the League Cup and keep get back to winning ways in the league.

We have Liverpool and Tottenham away over the next week. Get a result at Anfield to give us a good chance in the home tie, but grab hold of 4th position by beating Spurs. If we beat Spurs then 4th place becomes very very very real. I want to go their and press high up the pitch and have Saka and Martinelli running at their wing backs.

I dont think we will be that shit against Liverpool and Tottenham. Mainly because the best 11 will be playing at they will be up for it like they were against City.
This - exactly. I understand that some players were unavailable through injury or COVID, but we are not in Europe this year, and so we are playing far fewer matches than any of the other teams with serious trophy aspirations, including the likes of West Ham. Why then was Lacazette on the bench? Did he have a knock? And while Leno didn't let us down yesterday, he has done on a number of occasions before. We did we not pick our best keeper? Is Ramsdale in need of a rest? This sort of rotational nonsense started with Wenger. Other clubs may do it to some extent, but they have far stronger squads. We don't. It is inexcusable. Arteta out.
The fact that Patinio started yesterday was a clear indication that Arteta thought this would be a routine win against a Championship side. Get it over and done and move on to the Liverpool/Spurs games. He is still very naive.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:32 am
A11M11 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:40 am
yes still on bail....think that will stop anyone buying him before next summer at least
They want £50 MILLION!!!! for him anyway - He is Good but £50 Million!!??? Waaaay over -priced, especially if he ends up doing Time.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:26 pm
Bob Bayliss wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:44 am
wilson2.0 wrote:

The fact that Patinio started yesterday was a clear indication that Arteta thought this would be a routine win against a Championship side. Get it over and done and move on to the Liverpool/Spurs games. He is still very naive.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... l-carabao/

Not that I would normally look to The Sun as a source of info, but the article states the bleeding obvious. We've got a shit midfield anyway - one that we've chosen to make more shit by loaning out Torreira and Guendouzi.....and now Maitland Niles. Did we not realise Partey and Elneny would be gone for a month.

Even if Xhaka hadn't contracted COVID, his only available partners now are Patino and Sambi

Absolutely embarrassing and we're going to be out of all competitions by the time others are available

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:15 pm
Why the fuck we actually STARTED Patino AWAY at Forest with a team made up of the likes of Cedric and Tavares?!?! His previous appearance was 10 MINUTES when we were thrashing Sunderland at home.

How the fuck have we let AMN go now. Why not play him in the Cup and then put him on the next plane to Rome. It’s not as if they are bothered about him being cup tied in the FA fucking Cup. Fucking mind boggling decision.

This club is a fucking joke with some of it’s decision making. An absolute fucking joke.

Fuming…
Quite agree Bobby P - a chance for AMN to play his favourite position in centre mid and give a farewell performance to make Arteta rue his decision but no let him go ( to play RB for for Roma)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I just do not understand some of the decisions they have made:

Nketiah - NOT Good enough and we could have sold him last season for 23 Million!

AMN out on loan when we need a Mid-fielder

Kolasinac on his way out (Reportedly) and yet he brings him on for 3 Minutes against Forrest!

Loaning Torreria out for 3 seasons now - Should have sold the whiney CUNTT 2 years ago

Gendouzi - The kind of mid-fielder we Need right now and he's out on loan? still

Saliba - We are having to endure the likes of Holding & Chambers (bot NOT Good enough) whilst Saliba is tearing up the French Ligue !

Just Bewildering. :cry: :banghead:

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:57 pm

Nketiah - NOT Good enough and we could have sold him last season for 23 Million!

Kolasinac on his way out (Reportedly) and yet he brings him on for 3 Minutes against Forrest!

Loaning Torreria out for 3 seasons now - Should have sold the whiney CUNTT 2 years ago

Gendouzi - The kind of mid-fielder we Need right now and he's out on loan? still

Saliba - We are having to endure the likes of Holding & Chambers (bot NOT Good enough) whilst Saliba is tearing up the French Ligue !

Add to that we turned down about £18m for Chambers didn’t we ?

And Balogun could have played a part v Forest / Scousers THEN gone out on loan to Middlesbrough… :banghead:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:57 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

And Balogun could have played a part v Forest / Scousers THEN gone out on loan to Middlesbrough… :banghead:
Balogun has covid

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:11 pm
Rian1 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:06 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:04 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:03 pm
3rd round exit.......and probably the worst performance in memory....it was really bad
Appalling. Tavares set the tone early and the rot set in for the rest. Shameful shit and has been said already once you move away from the first 11 you’re left with absolute dross.
Beyond me why he was substituted. If mistakes were the issue, I expect Holding to fuck off the pitch first and foremost.

He gave the ball away 9 times in the 34 minutes he was on before getting hooked :shock:
Yet Arsenal looked worse after he came off. Could've easily pulled him aside and give him a bollocking. He needs to understand that this is not a City/Chelsea squad where you drop one of the better players in the team because your knickers are in a twist and the bench is strong enough to survive without them.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

OneBardGooner wrote:

Nketiah, Kolasinac and AMN (if he is not favoured) could've given us £45-50M to work with. Likely all three will walk for free.

AMN, Guendouzi and Saliba are the bench players/starting players we need right now but one is not favoured and TWO of the good ones were frozen out because Arteta's knickers were in a twist again and had an agenda against both of then.

A club of the size like Arsenal couldn't comfort and help a kid who lost his mother when he was 19 and is promising in a position (CB) where we have been shit for years on end now. Instead we have given air time to c*unts like Holding, Mari, Cedric and even David Luiz. Fuck me how backwards are we..

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

gooner265 wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:32 am
StuartL wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:57 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

Balogun has covid
Couldn’t he have said it was a false positive ? Very common apparently

:oops: Okay my bad….