Forest A Fa Cup 3rd round Sun 9th Jan KO 510pm Itv

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Forest A Fa Cup 3rd round Sun 9th Jan KO 510pm Itv

Post by falkirk goon »

Seeing as our semi against the bin dippers* looks like itll be off on thurs i thought i would stick up a thread for sunday. I decided not to go with the usual childish name calling as i read somewhere a while ago that we wear red because of them.I thought they were *word censored* when they fucked us a couple of years back though :rubchin: :lol:
Lets see how El beige approaches this game as Forest have been going ok lately.This is a definite banana skin.

Almunia is a clown

Re: Forest A Fa Cup 3rd round Sun 9th Jan KO 510pm Itv

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Forest started wearing off "Garibaldi Red" shirts, a darker red, they even sent us a set of shirts when Woolwich Arsenal was founded. :barscarf: Sparta Prague later on then got their dark red shirts from The Arsenal! :mrgreen:

https://blog.woolwicharsenal.co.uk/archives/1739

https://www.arsenal.com/match/report/08 ... -v-arsenal

Sparta Prague shirts look better than those Redcurrant shirts we had in 2006! :rubchin:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Every one of our squad will test positive Saturday but the FA will still force us to field a team comprising of Gunnersaurus, the tea lady, Josh, the groundsman, Stan and One Bard :wink:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:14 pm
Every one of our squad will test positive Saturday but the FA will still force us to field a team comprising of Gunnersaurus, the tea lady, Josh, the groundsman, Stan and One Bard :wink:
I’ve got One Bard as first goal scorer (header). :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

falkirk goon wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:22 pm
Seeing as our semi against the bin dippers* looks like itll be off on thurs i thought i would stick up a thread for sunday. I decided not to go with the usual childish name calling as i read somewhere a while ago that we wear red because of them.I thought they were *word censored* when they fucked us a couple of years back though :rubchin: :lol:
Lets see how El beige approaches this game as Forest have been going ok lately.This is a definite banana skin.
I had meant to ask was there any team in English (or Welsh) football that we don’t have an issue with ?

Can only recall visiting Forest once, back in 89, when we won 4-1 and Marwood was fabulous on a very murky, misty afternoon (was on live tv too)

Have a grudging respect for them winning the European cup - but also blame them for the transfer escalation paying £1m for Trevor “ I need tunes” Francis.

Anyhow - 3-0 to the Arsenal, young Charlie Patino to be the star attraction. :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:22 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Yaaaaaaaaaay! You Betcha mate...Got me boots ready ! :dancingbanana:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Will be looking forward to this one as I do with any cup game, but not heading up there. Been up a couple of times before - back in 1999 when Racist Big Ron memorably sat in the wrong dugout (we won 1-0) and then in Wenger's last season when we lost 4-2 there in the cup.

Cracking atmosphere both times

I don't mind Forest to be honest, mainly because I was a huge admirer of Cloughie and what he achieved playing decent football. No matter how many times the Mickeys, Chavski, Man Ure etc win the cup with the big ears, what he did to win it twice with them is off the scale.

I know their fans will remind us that we haven't won it, but they don't get on my tits like those fucktards Villa

Having said that I hope we don't do what we did last time we were there, or what happened at Southampton last year. In my mind there's still a better chance of winning a cup than top four and I don't want us chucking it in the bin. COYG.....hoping for a nice comfortable 2-0 win

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Charlie Patino set to be involved against Nottingham Forest on Sunday.

The 18-year-old would have also been in contention for the postponed Carabao Cup game against #LFC.

Salah & Hutchinson training with first team too.

Story with @kayakaynak97 👇

https://t.co/c7tSfHqEXy

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:00 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
I had meant to ask was there any team in English (or Welsh) football that we don’t have an issue with ?

Can only recall visiting Forest once, back in 89, when we won 4-1 and Marwood was fabulous on a very murky, misty afternoon (was on live tv too)

Have a grudging respect for them winning the European cup - but also blame them for the transfer escalation paying £1m for Trevor “ I need tunes” Francis.

Anyhow - 3-0 to the Arsenal, young Charlie Patino to be the star attraction. :barscarf:
Been to both Forest and County..lost at County in the days of Charlie Nicholas...

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:43 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Stepladder too if you're going for a header I should imagine...... :rubchin:

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

:barscarf: Back in 1979 we knocked Forest out of the FA Cup 5th round at the City ground with a Frank Stapleton header whilst Pat Jennings saved everything they could throw at him 8) We hardly got the ball all night! :roll:

I seem to remember it being a Wednesday night game cancelled from the weekend due to a muddy pitch. Loads of Arsenal up there as well & top celebrations afterwards. :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:39 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:43 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Stepladder too if you're going for a header I should imagine...... :rubchin:

:lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:19 pm
StuartL wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:

Been to both Forest and County..lost at County in the days of Charlie Nicholas...
Yeah went to County once too, we won 1-0 I think in a really scrappy match probably about 1990 / 91 I went in with county fans as a friend at uni up there “adopted them” as his team

I’ve also been in with County fans away at the shithole in the fa cup, the same weekend we played Cambridge - county were superb, took the lead and somehow the scum cheated their way to a 2-1 win. :censored:

shu

Post by shu »

StuartL wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:

Think we had a 1-0 win there , possibly a Smith goal . My chewing gum was on MOTD as it whizzed past Nigel Clough’s head as he took a corner .
Alf Garnett was in the TBI beforehand

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Allegedly Xhaka has missed training 4 days in a row, bet he still starts though :roll: :banghead: