Costa Del Sol Tournament Winners 1965,1966 A Thu 12th May KO 745PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Costa Del Sol Tournament Winners 1965,1966 A Sun 16th Jan KO 430pm

Post by rodders999 »

The issue has never been about clubs not being able to field, it’s been about them not being able to field their strongest possible side.

The local Dog and Duck FC can name a squad of 13 for fuck sake and we’re expected to believe mammoth PL clubs can’t? Fuck off :roll:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

It will be all the sweeter when we beat the *word censored* tomorrow after them crying about it.

Legohead should be drilling into the teams heads that it's us against everyone else!

The team and crowd should channel all the hatred towards the FA right at those *word censored* tomorrow.

If we do they we'll win comfortably

John F

Post by John F »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:04 am
And look there’s been nobody on here that’s moaned more about what a disgrace it is that other clubs have been gaming the system with postponements than me. I’ve been banging the drum about it since December when the scum and mancs started at it.

In the beginning the reasons for cancellations were purely due to covid issues (although always very vague with no clarity as to how many cases there were, was it players, staff, youth teams or senior squad that were affected etc.).

Then over time covid and injuries became a legitimate reason to cancel and as with Leicester last Tuesday, covid, injuries and AFCON absentees is now a valid reason for getting games postponed.

Under normal circumstances and forgetting about everything that’s gone on so far this season for a second, do I think we should have to play Sunday? Absolutely. We have injuries and players away at the AFCON, tough fucking titties. That’s part and parcel of the game and always has been. Suck it up and play.

However and it’s a massive fucking HOWEVER the integrity and fairness of this league has already been absolutely shat all over by multiple clubs. The precedent has been set, the toothpaste is out of the tube and there’s no getting it back in now.

Considering the blatant cheating, manipulating of the fixture list and ducking out of games that’s gone on over the last 8 weeks we’re absolutely correct and within our rights to request this game be postponed and if we’re forced to field, given that other clubs haven’t in the same situation, it will be even more evidence of the blatant anti Arsenal bias that’s ingrained right throughout this league.
Good post Rodders I agree there is an Arsenal bias in the press but I would say it was favoritism towards certain clubs rather than bias against Arsenal from the League. Other clubs for example Leeds against us have had to put out severely weakened sides too. As 89 said we have ourselves to blame for this situation and the outrage from our fans at not getting equal treatment is covering over the fact that we tried to get through January with Lokonga and a walking red card in midfield.Terrible forward planning by whoever was responsible for allowing two loans so early in January without any cover.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Rat face Neville is bleating about it AGAIN this morning I see trying to influence the decision to postpone.

Apparently “from now on all teams should be forced to field”

From now on, from now fucking on!!!! :coffeespit:

Why from now on I wonder? Oh yeah of course it’s from now on after united gamed the system and took a 3 week winter break in December to give Rangnick time to work with the squad and he had fuck all to say about it :roll:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:39 am
Rat face Neville is bleating about it AGAIN this morning I see trying to influence the decision to postpone.

Why from now on I wonder? Oh yeah of course it’s from now on after united gamed the system and took a 3 week winter break in December to give Rangnick time to work with the squad and he had fuck all to say about it :roll:
Neville is an odious *word censored*. In the press yesterday hinting that he will run to be a Labour MP. Good luck with that. Fucking *word censored*.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Amazing Irony involved...

Neville urges Prem to reject Arsenal request and says teams are ‘calling games off based on if they’ve got best squad’

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:

Neville is such a CUN.T - How is it someone has not decked the Odious Little Prick Yet?

He really is a smelly diarrhoea stain on humanity - I wish him only Ill.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

https://mobile.twitter.com/IanWright0/s ... 1003319297

Wrighty saying what most of you on her been saying. And to think some were giving him grief a few weeks ago! :oops:

Legend!
Last edited by Natural Born Gooner on Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

rodders999 wrote:

Wrighty has replied to it saying the same thing

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

I think the game will go ahead. I wouldn't mind if it did if Tomiyasu & ESR are fit. The midfield problem is not a covid problem, Elneny and Partey not being available in January was a known known. I couldn't give a fuck about Xhaka being suspended. our January midfield options are as good as it will get. Seems Odegard is certain not to feature but he can be replaced.

Arteta can pick Ramsdale and the regular back 4, with Saka, Martinelli, ESR, Laca as the front 4.

As for midfield, Lokonga will play, & I think it has to be Chambers in midfield next to him. My worry is when Spurs press Lokonga and Chambers turn the ball over and leave us vulnerable. Mind you, White, Tierney and Tomiyasu are good enough can bypass the midfield and get it to the front 4. Lokonga and Chambers should just screen and occupy the space infront of the back 4. They should keep it simple and play the first pass they see.

We can carry Chambers and Lokonga, but if Tomiyasu or ESR cant play, then the reshuffle gets really awkward. No Tomiyasu and with Cedric injured, does Chambers play right back, push White into midfield and Holding centre half. is ESR cant play, Nketiah upfront with Lacazette dropping a little deeper? There are no viable or good solutions to these problems

Also keep note, if the game is delayed, Son may be available by then. You cant not argue he is one of the better players in the league. 116 goals in 305 games for spurs, takes no penalties and he also gets assists. Surprised he has been at Spurs for 7 years as he is good enough to play for Bayern/Real Madrid.

in summary, if ESR and Tomiyasu can play, play the game

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:00 am
I think the game will go ahead. I wouldn't mind if it did if Tomiyasu & ESR are fit. The midfield problem is not a covid problem, Elneny and Partey not being available in January was a known known. I couldn't give a fuck about Xhaka being suspended. our January midfield options are as good as it will get. Seems Odegard is certain not to feature but he can be replaced.

Arteta can pick Ramsdale and the regular back 4, with Saka, Martinelli, ESR, Laca as the front 4.

As for midfield, Lokonga will play, & I think it has to be Chambers in midfield next to him. My worry is when Spurs press Lokonga and Chambers turn the ball over and leave us vulnerable. Mind you, White, Tierney and Tomiyasu are good enough can bypass the midfield and get it to the front 4. Lokonga and Chambers should just screen and occupy the space infront of the back 4. They should keep it simple and play the first pass they see.

We can carry Chambers and Lokonga, but if Tomiyasu or ESR cant play, then the reshuffle gets really awkward. No Tomiyasu and with Cedric injured, does Chambers play right back, push White into midfield and Holding centre half. is ESR cant play, Nketiah upfront with Lacazette dropping a little deeper? There are no viable or good solutions to these problems

Also keep note, if the game is delayed, Son may be available by then. You cant not argue he is one of the better players in the league. 116 goals in 305 games for spurs, takes no penalties and he also gets assists. Surprised he has been at Spurs for 7 years as he is good enough to play for Bayern/Real Madrid.

Saka is out. Cedric is out. ESR, Tommy, Xhaka, ODG, Chambers is out. Kola is out. Afcon lot are out. Grow up mate. We don’t have a team.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:07 am
wilson2.0 wrote:

Saka is out. Cedric is out. ESR, Tommy, Xhaka, ODG, Chambers is out. Kola is out. Afcon lot are out. Grow up mate. We don’t have a team.
For a minute I thought Wilson had gone over to the dark side or he'd had an a aneurism :? :lol:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

What I have a problem with, is thick c.unts like Ratty Neville and Spit the Scouse want to change rules half way through a season when other teams have already 'benefitted' from the system. You can't do it you fucktards, you cannot choose who you penalise. Did Spit come out and say anything about Liverpool postponing the first cup game? Did he fuck. Was Neville raging yesterday when Burnley v Leicester was called off? Was he fuck.
He hates Arsenal and backed by Sky (because they will already have made massive preparations for 'Super Sunday' NLD, they are trying to influence things.

Bottom line is, no-one should be able to call off a game because everyone has reserves/U-21's etc. But they have allowed it this season so they cannot pick and choose what they do now. I think clubs who are asking for postponements should be made to list all the players they have out and why. Transparency is what is needed so everyone can see who is pulling a fast one and there should be massive fines and forfeited games for those who are caught out.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:21 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:07 am
wilson2.0 wrote:

For a minute I thought Wilson had gone over to the dark side or he'd had an a aneurism :? :lol:

Or Both :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Has anyone heard any news on if the game is postponed yet?

Neville and media scum doing all they can to get it played, funny how rat facedCUNT is only now speaking up....He needs a SLAP! :box: