Costa Del Sol Tournament Winners 1965,1966 A Thu 12th May KO 745PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
the playing mantis

Re: Costa Del Sol Tournament Winners 1965,1966 A Thu 12th May KO 745PM

Post by the playing mantis »

i take it we lost...

useless cu.nts

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Ok now that I have sobered up a bit I can reflect on the match a bit more objectively.

1. I still think we were unlucky with the penalty but you have to overcome things like that
2. Holding - complete moron
3,. Arteta - like a rabbit caught in the headlights. I have been moaning on these past few matches that despite the wins we have been playing poorly. So what did we do.. appoint Lego head as manager for the next 3 years….absolutely criminal .
The moronic fans chanting his name deserve all they get in the next 3 years.
4. Newcastle…is the big match of the week…

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Hard to watch. After the stupid second yellow card & Holding send off we were fucked. Not looking forward to the away game on Monday. Please don't even take Laca to the game as he may be used as a sub again. He is now a waste of space. After our start to the season I would not have thought we could finish in the top half of the table so 5th is not so bad. :barscarf: :barscarf:

NickF

Post by NickF »

Unfortunately, typical Arsenal. If we're not giving away a penalty then we get a player sent off.

It is usually one or the other - sadly in this case it was both.

We keep shooting ourselves in the foot time and time and time again. Never learn.

Why keep getting involved with Son, how many games has he cost us?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 9:26 pm
Ok now that I have sobered up a bit I can reflect on the match a bit more objectively.

1. I still think we were unlucky with the penalty but you have to overcome things like that
2. Holding - complete moron
3,. Arteta - like a rabbit caught in the headlights. I have been moaning on these past few matches that despite the wins we have been playing poorly. So what did we do.. appoint Lego head as manager for the next 3 years….absolutely criminal .
The moronic fans chanting his name deserve all they get in the next 3 years.
4. Newcastle…is the big match of the week…
Nothing unlucky about the pen. Points 2 and 3 totally agree. Point 4 agree but see absolutely no hope of this patched up ragbag team picking themselves up. 5th place beckons which is what is best for us in terms of team development....just a shame its those scabby c.unts who will finish above us. Anyone else and I wouldn't give two fucks. 3rd and 4th best losers as far as I'm concerned and both light years away from competing with the best

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Gutted absolutely gutted!
Holding was silly to block son in that manner especially as the ball was safely going the the keeper. It was a YC. No argument. Even sillier considering he had already been booked.
My frustration stems with Martinelli for not attacking their penalty area, he had the beating of Emerson but each time he had the run on him, he'd stop. Attack the box, win a penalty because Emerson would've made a challenge and give the referee a decision to make, instead he chose, as did Saka and Cedric to not attack the box. I'm certain the ref would've given us a penalty as the one he gave them was soft, very soft. As for the third, I thought the ref had given the foul by Kane on Gabriel. If, the Cedric challenge was a foul, Kane pushing and holding Gabriel down was a definite foul. Where was the VAR review on any of those decisions?
Arteta will get slaughtered by a lot of supporters, not sure the options he had would've made a difference. I don't agree with Redknapps suggestion that he needed to bring on a defender as the game was only 1-0. The game showed our squad limitations, which were decisions made to let too many players go on January. They only have two players and they were the difference, but only when we went down to 10 men.
Btw, I still believe we should've have played this game in January as we would've beat them, they were in poor form. It was a decision that backfired. Even had we lost this game in January, it wouldn't feel as critical as it does with 3 games to go. Poor decisions in January has bitten back on us, and it damn well hurts.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 9:36 pm
Gutted absolutely gutted!
Holding was silly to block son in that manner especially as the ball was safely going the the keeper. It was a YC. No argument. Even sillier considering he had already been booked.
My frustration stems with Martinelli for not attacking their penalty area, he had the beating of Emerson but each time he had the run on him, he'd stop. Attack the box, win a penalty because Emerson would've made a challenge and give the referee a decision to make, instead he chose, as did Saka and Cedric to not attack the box. I'm certain the ref would've given us a penalty as the one he gave them was soft, very soft. As for the third, I thought the ref had given the foul by Kane on Gabriel. If, the Cedric challenge was a foul, Kane pushing and holding Gabriel down was a definite foul. Where was the VAR review on any of those decisions?
Arteta will get slaughtered by a lot of supporters, not sure the options he had would've made a difference. I don't agree with Redknapps suggestion that he needed to bring on a defender as the game was only 1-0. The game showed our squad limitations, which were decisions made to let too many players go on January. They only have two players and they were the difference, but only when we went down to 10 men.
Btw, I still believe we should've have played this game in January as we would've beat them, they were in poor form. It was a decision that backfired. Even had we lost this game in January, it wouldn't feel as critical as it does with 3 games to go. Poor decisions in January has bitten back on us, and it damn well hurts.
What you say about the decisions in January is the bit I agree with most. An already below par squad was stripped bare. Why send so many players out on loan at the start of the season too? And that isn't being wise after the event as many of us called it then

Did we really need to farm out Saliba, Guendouzi and Torreira?

the playing mantis

just read BBC phil mcnultys sycophantic gushing vomit enducing ode to the scum (his match write up) about how great they are. Yeah so great ther still behind us. its as if the media are told to write this crap...

will be more sweeter to let them have there moment in the sun then win our last 2 games to fuck them over anyway. i dont think we will though think we will probably lose both.

i fully expected to lose, we always do these days as they typically do at ours and its always the 2 man team of the cheating dog eater who behaves like one of those japanese school girls in those weird cartoons who do us, me so innocent giggle giggle me no dive me no *word censored* giggle giggle and the dribbling sunshine busser. we are brainless they are as poor as us overall and had we not dropped our collective bundle (i facking hate cedric, i'd honestly rather have tavares playing) and played normally we would have shown how poor their defence and midfield are. bu no we bottled it as ever with braindead football.

now i cant read the sports pages for a week, cant look at the bbc football pages, because of the wall to wall wankathon over a the scum. i just hope we get over the line to stop them. we should be beating newcastle and everton, but we never bounce back and i fear the worse. we never make life easy do we. as steveo says i dont give a fuck for ourselves its the stopping of them and fucking there model, bye bye cunte, window licker too maybe and 0 CL revenue to fund their white elephant.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Where was VAR ? or maybe who was on VAR ?

Mike Dean .

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

I had a feeling they would do us up the fartbox and thats how it turned out :cry: The trouble with this team and El beige is that we dont do a bad result/performance in isolation..we ususlly do 2 or 3 :(

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 9:50 pm
I had a feeling they would do us up the fartbox and thats how it turned out :cry: The trouble with this team and El beige is that we dont do a bad result/performance in isolation..we ususlly do 2 or 3 :(
Exactly. Look at what we’ve become - playing a team on their holidays who have just been rinsed and a group of players who probably know they won’t be there next season. We should be expecting to win….but we aren’t because three pathetic defeats to Palace, Brighton and Southampton were only a month ago

the playing mantis

oh and sounds like saka bottled a big game again. quite a habit now. but then we shot oursleves in the foot so probably not fair to say so.

yes hes a wonderful talent and very young, but its a concern. stll the very best did that TH bottled pretty much every big game for us. im not talking about league meetings with utd or scum with just 3 points on them, i mean the really big ones so if saka has half his career i will be happy.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

the playing mantis wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 9:59 pm
oh and sounds like saka bottled a big game again. quite a habit now. but then we shot oursleves in the foot so probably not fair to say so.

yes hes a wonderful talent and very young, but its a concern. stll the very best did that TH bottled pretty much every big game for us. im not talking about league meetings with utd or scum with just 3 points on them, i mean the really big ones so if saka has half his career i will be happy.
I feel sorry for Saka and the other super kids. Back in the day they would be taken out of the firing line for a few games. If it was 2003/04 he’d be Jermaine Pennant and restricted to development time whilst senior pros shouldered the burden. Now he’s our main man and there are no fucking options other than sad acts like a Pepe and kids that are even younger than him. A threadbare squad without leaders

Block93

Post by Block93 »

Someone's obviously had a quiet word with the poor sap who has to write the report on the AFC website.

So, apparently, it was a 'questionable' penalty, and then a 'debatable' red card.

Arteta's interview on Sky was embarrassing in the extreme. Presume once he looks at the replays, he'll realise that for himself.

The whole thing, from the very top, is like 'Amateur Hour', everyone trying to out-do each other in being completely hopeless at their job.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Block93 wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:21 pm
Someone's obviously had a quiet word with the poor sap who has to write the report on the AFC website.

So, apparently, it was a 'questionable' penalty, and then a 'debatable' red card.

Arteta's interview on Sky was embarrassing in the extreme. Presume once he looks at the replays, he'll realise that for himself.

The whole thing, from the very top, is like 'Amateur Hour', everyone trying to out-do each other in being completely hopeless at their job.
This ^^

I used to cringe at some of Wenger's latter years interview but watching old Carpet Head play poor man's Maureen Moaninho afterwards topped the lot. Which decision was wrong then, pray tell o wise one? The blatant barge in the back for the pen, or the 4th bookable offence for Holding after two warnings