Costa Del Sol Tournament Winners 1965,1966 A Thu 12th May KO 745PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
shu

Re: Costa Del Sol Tournament Winners 1965,1966 A Thu 12th May KO 745PM

Post by shu »

Ok fellow Gooner’s , I didn’t see it thankfully but hey Two games to go and it is still ours to fuck up.

As I said earlier tonight fuck it , the next game counts more now !!!

With a shit squad and shit manager we can get 4th !!!!!
Blimey all these seasons when we slagged off coming 4th lol

So fuck you Tottenham , spawn two wins and tonight will be history . Come on The Arsenal .

As Delia (lol) said it , where are you DB , Bard , Perry , Pires , Bobby , Augie ok lol not Augie 🤣

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Saka's burned out . He needs a long rest but he can't get it because there's no one else . I fear for him and Martinelli who unlike Smith Rowe are being overplayed at both club and international level. Smith Rowe is being held back by Odegaard and I reckon may well be off to someone that will offer him playing time.

NickF

Post by NickF »

How many games has Saka played this year considering no European football and out the cup earlier?

We're guaranteed European football next year so there's a lot more games next season.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I just hope the players look at all the press pieces this morning and shove every single fucking word back down their throats in two weeks time.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

These players should never play for us again, but of course they will

Holding played like a school boy, he scored a goal against Dirty Leeds so of course was an automatic pick for this game, even so doesn't understand the difference between defending with grit & steel but with intelligence in a NLD against a player who has great skills but is also renowned for cheating and diving, Pot Poodle stitched him up like a kipper

Odegaard was more fussed about his hair than actually turning up- An okay player (occasionally), but too lightweight for the prem and most definitely to be the lynchpin player in our mid-field / forward line.

Clive. what else is there to say other than "Accident waiting to happen", "so called tough guy who wimps out of challenges, falls over at every opportunity in order to 'win' the ball, has no right foot, waves his arms about like a windmill; because that's what senior players do apparently and instead of leading by example he actually hides from the game

Nketiah - Championship level at best - simply Not Good Enough for the prem never mind a (so-called top 6 team)

Cedric: out of his depth, he does try, but is simply way out of his depth.

Laca: Bye Bye - The sooner the better.

Arteta: As has been described before; seems like a genuinely nice fella BUT should never be In Charge and At The Helm of Arsenal FC. He is intelligent, he (mostly) talks a good game, BUT his Arrogance is obvious and will be Our undoing in the coming seasons, just as it has been so far. He is a novice when it comes to tactics and especially Man / Player Management. He is one of those peop-le who once he takes against someone, no matter what they do or much they improve or change, they are dead to him. He is so short sighted that he cannot see the obvious things that all of us do. He continues to select & play Clive who is for me one of the worst players ever to wear the Red & White of Arsenal, not just because he is utterly incompetent, but his Attitude towards the fans is a disgrace, yet Arteta gave him a new contract and a wage rise, for me that says everything.

We should be home & dry in 4th if not 3rd in the prem - But we "Bottled" it.

Remember when we lost our 3 opening games!?

Then recently the 3 games against Palace, Southampton & Brighton

We lost to the Scum last night; and whilst I can understand some on here saying we can beat Newcastle and turn over evertonscousebags; I have my doubts, Newcastle are on something of a roll and evertonscousebags are fighting for survival and will come out fighting (literally). The scum's 2 remaining games are at home to burnley and away to Norwich, they stand a very good chance of winning both games and getting maximum points, whislt our chances of securing 6 points is anything but certain.

And even if we DO manage to get 4th, we will get Mauled and Raped in the CL, the size of our threadbare squad has seriously damaged us this season, and so unless we were to sign 6 World Class players, we get dumped out of the early stages of the cl; whilst still having to contend with injuries throughout next season whilst playing weekly Prem Games and both the FA Cup, EFL Cup games.

I think last night has really brought home just how Fucked we truly are as a Team/ Club.

The NLD is THE ONE GAME You Do Not LOSE, Draw it if you must BUT You do not throw it away and melt like a snowflake in summer; and that is exactly what happened as we all witnessed Our Snowflake team MELTED! That must have been some week of preparation in tactics, Team Spirit and Mental Strength by the manager and his coaching team.

But it's okay, the new legions of fans all Love Arteta - he even has his new song that they sing when he goes to applause them, these are part of the fan base that rate Clive so highly they voted him Player of the Month!( all based on One Poxy Goal - a goal that finally secured a game against a 10 man team whom we should have annihilated anyway!).

The owners live on the other side of the world and probably get a text to let them know if we have won, drawn or lost and more importantly does the results mean a downturn in profits.

We've got Utter Cuntbags like AFTV and all the other retarded Fan Blogs etc supporting Arteta and hailing Clive as a re-formed player and person etc etc

How long before Man City or the barcodes come in and splash the cash on ESR, Martinelli or Saka?

Like many on here I did not sleep well after last nights Catastrophe, and just wanted to air my thoughts & feelings, feel free to disagree - I care not a fucking Jot!

Arteta Out!
Edu Out!
Wiggy & Wiggy Jnr Out!

Oh! And Clive fuck off and Die.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 5:01 am
I just hope the players look at all the press pieces this morning and shove every single fucking word back down their throats in two weeks time.
Personally I hope that the Burnley team were watching last night when they were written off time and time again, despite having beaten Spurs once already this season and needing to fight for their lives.

"It goes to the last day" said the Slysports presenter gleefully. Oh really? There was me thinking if Burnley got a result against them and we beat Newcastle, then it wouldn't

Lets see. I agree with Sid's post on the other thread though - I see more hope for Spurs being Spursy than I do our warriors going up to Newcastle and winning

KingHenry

Post by KingHenry »

Can any of our players read?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Sorry Fellas...PENALTY for that FFS thats scandalous

its a physical game there is contact allowed.....cannot believe that penalty.....CORRUPTION

never seen a penalty so soft in 50 years, so quickly given and no VAR??????

*word censored*

we was playing ok up till then...the penalty goal was against the run of play

all it proved was Cedric and Holding up not up to standard and should be replaced

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 6:17 am
Personally I hope that the Burnley team were watching last night when they were written off time and time again, despite having beaten Spurs once already this season and needing to fight for their lives.

"It goes to the last day" said the Slysports presenter gleefully. Oh really? There was me thinking if Burnley got a result against them and we beat Newcastle, then it wouldn't

Lets see. I agree with Sid's post on the other thread though - I see more hope for Spurs being Spursy than I do our warriors going up to Newcastle and winning

A spurs customer of ours boasted to me early this week that they would do us, but that they were then fcuk up against burnley, but then I'm not sure if I give a fcuk either way.

Have to say that last nights comments when we were losing about how the geordie game was the big game and last night didnt matter, absolutely disgusted me :evil: If our players came out and said stuff like that after the game they would be lying in a morgue by now, but yet it is meant to be ok for us (100% Gooners) to say that a game against the scum doesnt matter ?? Fcuk off. I am still raging this morning, not just that we lost the game, but that we lost it being the cowardly bottlers again

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Thynker wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 8:46 pm
augie wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 8:44 pm
Thynker wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 8:38 pm
augie wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 8:36 pm
Our best player by an absolute distance was martinelli and he subbed him :roll:

Odeargod who has been lauded by all and sundry has drifted between being anonymous and fcuking awful

Nketieh, who we are supposedly putting a big push on to sign a new deal, has been poor, and is then replaced by a guy that hasnt scored this year (and he scored fcuk all last year too)

This is pep's cone boys creation lads - some of you have lavished praise on him, some like me have been critical of him, but because of the astute people we have running our club, we have 4 more years of this dogshite to come from this basque c.unt. This season the scum have beaten citeeh twice and taken 4pts from the victims - for all their weaknesses, they know how to turn in a big perfrmance in a big game
Yet for all their big wins they're still behind us...
They're as inconsistent as us
Hammered a few teams in a row than beaten at home by dross.

They may well not even win against Burnley.
Yes they are as inconsistent as us but they dont have the same quality of players as we do and yet they are capable of beating the big teams and we arent - why is that ? We are gutless and being led by a rookie sub-standard manager who is nowhere near the level needed to organise and motivate a team in the big games
Don't have the same quality?
Son and Kane are world class - Son is in the running for the golden boot.
I can't stand the 2 fuckers but I'm not blind to their quality.
WORLD CLASS DIVERS AND CHEATS...fuckin vermin scum

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 5:57 am

Holding played like a school boy, he scored a goal against Dirty Leeds so of course was an automatic pick for this game, even so doesn't understand the difference between defending with grit & steel but with intelligence in a NLD against a player who has great skills but is also renowned for cheating and diving, Pot Poodle stitched him up like a kipper

Odegaard was more fussed about his hair than actually turning up- An okay player (occasionally), but too lightweight for the prem and most definitely to be the lynchpin player in our mid-field / forward line.

Clive. what else is there to say other than "Accident waiting to happen", "so called tough guy who wimps out of challenges, falls over at every opportunity in order to 'win' the ball, has no right foot, waves his arms about like a windmill; because that's what senior players do apparently and instead of leading by example he actually hides from the game

Nketiah - Championship level at best - simply Not Good Enough for the prem never mind a (so-called top 6 team)

Arteta: As has been described before; seems like a genuinely nice fella BUT should never be In Charge and At The Helm of Arsenal FC. He is intelligent, he (mostly) talks a good game, BUT his Arrogance is obvious and will be Our undoing in the coming seasons, just as it has been so far. He is a novice when it comes to tactics and especially Man / Player Management. He is one of those peop-le who once he takes against someone, no matter what they do or much they improve or change, they are dead to him. He is so short sighted that he cannot see the obvious things that all of us do. He continues to select & play Clive who is for me one of the worst players ever to wear the Red & White of Arsenal, not just because he is utterly incompetent, but his Attitude towards the fans is a disgrace, yet Arteta gave him a new contract and a wage rise, for me that says everything.

We lost to the Scum last night; and whilst I can understand some on here saying we can beat Newcastle and turn over evertonscousebags; I have my doubts, Newcastle are on something of a roll and evertonscousebags are fighting for survival and will come out fighting (literally). The scum's 2 remaining games are at home to burnley and away to Norwich, they stand a very good chance of winning both games and getting maximum points, whislt our chances of securing 6 points is anything but certain.

And even if we DO manage to get 4th, we will get Mauled and Raped in the CL, the size of our threadbare squad has seriously damaged us this season, and so unless we were to sign 6 World Class players, we get dumped out of the early stages of the cl; whilst still having to contend with injuries throughout next season whilst playing weekly Prem Games and both the FA Cup, EFL Cup games.

I think last night has really brought home just how Fucked we truly are as a Team/ Club.

The NLD is THE ONE GAME You Do Not LOSE, Draw it if you must BUT You do not throw it away and melt like a snowflake in summer; and that is exactly what happened as we all witnessed Our Snowflake team MELTED! That must have been some week of preparation in tactics, Team Spirit and Mental Strength by the manager and his coaching team.

But it's okay, the new legions of fans all Love Arteta - he even has his new song that they sing when he goes to applause them, these are part of the fan base that rate Clive so highly they voted him Player of the Month!( all based on One Poxy Goal - a goal that finally secured a game against a 10 man team whom we should have annihilated anyway!).

The owners live on the other side of the world and probably get a text to let them know if we have won, drawn or lost and more importantly does the results mean a downturn in profits.

We've got Utter Cuntbags like AFTV and all the other retarded Fan Blogs etc supporting Arteta and hailing Clive as a re-formed player and person etc etc

How long before Man City or the barcodes come in and splash the cash on ESR, Martinelli or Saka?

Like many on here I did not sleep well after last nights Catastrophe, and just wanted to air my thoughts & feelings, feel free to disagree - I care not a fucking Jot!

Arteta Out!
Edu Out!
Wiggy & Wiggy Jnr Out!

Odergaard: When players are under pressure they step up, thats when they show quality

players like Ozil, Walcott and Odergaard shrink and go into a shell under the limelight and tough challenges

augie

Post by augie »

Can I also say bollo.x to all the comments defending saka last night - my issue wasnt that he was shit last night, but was that he shit himself every single time he heard a scum player running to tackle him. Even when he plays bad martinelli never stops running and working for the team - compare that to saka last night :roll: It wasnt that he was tired or burnt out, but was cowardly and not for the first time in a big game either

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 8:37 pm
Well that was great

Another test in a big game away from home....failed miserably.

Still...Where there's an official to blame lets just ignore the completely lily livered approach to these matches and lack of leaders

Well done lads - biggest NLD defeat for almost 40 years when it mattered most. Absolutely pathetic
Penalty changed the game totally

Absolute cheating, no penalty, no way ever

so quick to give it...*word censored*

augie

Post by augie »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 7:48 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 5:57 am

Arteta Out!
Edu Out!
Wiggy & Wiggy Jnr Out!

Odergaard: When players are under pressure they step up, thats when they show quality

players like Ozil, Walcott and Odergaard shrink and go into a shell under the limelight and tough challenges

Havent you heard ? Odeargod is a genuis and signing him was the deal of the century :roll: To think that we fcuked off one of our own academy players out of his position (and out of the team too), for an inferior player like him disgusts me :evil: I want quality (and guts) in the team as a priority, but for me if it is a close decision I would always go with one of our own academy players - this one isnt close imo

augie

Post by augie »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 7:52 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 8:37 pm
Well that was great

Another test in a big game away from home....failed miserably.

Still...Where there's an official to blame lets just ignore the completely lily livered approach to these matches and lack of leaders

Well done lads - biggest NLD defeat for almost 40 years when it mattered most. Absolutely pathetic
Penalty changed the game totally

Absolute cheating, no penalty, no way ever

so quick to give it...*word censored*

First time I seen it I would have said the same, but have seen it since from a different angle and it was nailed on penalty imo

However regardless of the rights and wrongs of that decision, to blame the defeat and performance on that one decision is foolish imo - there was 22 minutes gone in the game, and a strong and gutsy team had a lot of time to get back into the game. Reality is that we dont have players with courage when under pressure, and it is that reason and not a penalty decision, that sealed our fate last night