Costa Del Sol Tournament Winners 1965,1966 A Thu 12th May KO 745PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Costa Del Sol Tournament Winners 1965,1966 A Sun 16th Jan KO 430pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:26 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:04 am
And look there’s been nobody on here that’s moaned more about what a disgrace it is that other clubs have been gaming the system with postponements than me. I’ve been banging the drum about it since December when the scum and mancs started at it.

In the beginning the reasons for cancellations were purely due to covid issues (although always very vague with no clarity as to how many cases there were, was it players, staff, youth teams or senior squad that were affected etc.).

Then over time covid and injuries became a legitimate reason to cancel and as with Leicester last Tuesday, covid, injuries and AFCON absentees is now a valid reason for getting games postponed.

Under normal circumstances and forgetting about everything that’s gone on so far this season for a second, do I think we should have to play Sunday? Absolutely. We have injuries and players away at the AFCON, tough fucking titties. That’s part and parcel of the game and always has been. Suck it up and play.

However and it’s a massive fucking HOWEVER the integrity and fairness of this league has already been absolutely shat all over by multiple clubs. The precedent has been set, the toothpaste is out of the tube and there’s no getting it back in now.

Considering the blatant cheating, manipulating of the fixture list and ducking out of games that’s gone on over the last 8 weeks we’re absolutely correct and within our rights to request this game be postponed and if we’re forced to field, given that other clubs haven’t in the same situation, it will be even more evidence of the blatant anti Arsenal bias that’s ingrained right throughout this league.

Absolutely spot on. Excellent post.
Couldn't agree more Rodders.

Rat face CUNTOBollocks Neville is still banging on about it. Please let him get badly hurt in car crash or something so he can never speak again.

Midz

Post by Midz »

I just think it's funny how some are getting wound up over it. For once a decision has gone our way and who knows it might even help us as we need to win this match as those c.unts have two games in hand and are only 2 pts behind us.

Midz

Post by Midz »

From SSN "Tottenham are angry at rivals Arsenal after they requested to postpone Sunday's north London derby due to having an insufficient number of players to fulfil the fixture."

Ha ha ha fucking ha!! Who cares if they're angry, fuck 'em! :D :D :D :D

Reading that made me laugh out loud. Ahahahahaha!! Fuck off douche bags!!

I guess y'all have seen it already but here's the link in case:-

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... rs-request
Last edited by Midz on Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:19 pm
I hope it's been cancelled. Primarily to fuck Sly Sports off, they can fuck right off, biased c.unts. Secondly, our first team is better than the scum first team so bring it on.
:high5: :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:48 pm
Oh well. Gives the press another reason to blame everything on us.
They do and will anyway mate so FUCK EM :barscarf:

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

I'm glad they announced it when they did......i was due to fly!!!

And as for the swamp dwellers being angry over it, they should really concentrate on their manager whose already checking the exits.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:41 pm
Premier League statement: “With Arsenal having fewer than the required number of players available for the match (13 outfield players & one goalkeeper), the board accepted the club’s application [to postpone to match].” #afc

Premier League statement: “The decision is a result of a combination of Covid-19, existing & recent injuries & players on international duty at the Africa Cup of Nations. All clubs are able to apply for a postponement if Covid-19 infections are a factor in their request.” #afc
**to be read through gritted teeth**

What a result for us :lol:

Tony totts have fixture congestion :barscarf:
We will have new signings and AFCON players back :barscarf:
We get a rest prior to beating the scousers :barscarf:
Sky sports get fucked up the arse ! :barscarf:
Neville gets made to look a 2 faced twat :barscarf:

Quite ridiculous that the game isn’t going ahead as injuries are frankly tough shit, but glad that we are for once using precedents in our favour.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

So how are the FA / PL 'gonna put the genie back in the bottle? :rubchin: :shock: 8)

About time we had a game cancelled to recover from extra fixtures, injuries, illness & covid. Everyone else had games cancelled whilst we got previously refused. :barscarf:

Others such as Munich & Middlesex have had games postponed so that new managers can have a mini "pre season" training their new players".

As for the murderers, that was total cheating yet they will get away with it, media slagging us off whilst ignoring them, news coverage of the most biased corrupt standard.

Not surprisingly Chav Gangster Nazis' & Oil Human rights abuse Citeh, the clubs with the most dodgy cash & expensive large squads have played all their games so far.

Meanwhile bottom of the table Burnley are 5 games behind. :shock:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:51 pm
goonersid wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:36 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:31 am
StuartL wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:26 pm
Lump on to them being awarded a pelanty :oops:
What's a "Pelanty" ??? :rubchin: :D :wink:

Ohhh! I seeeee a "Penalty" Yes you're absolutely right Stu... Son is out so it'll either be FatTung or eyebrows who dive and get it... It's almost part of NLD tradition now - The ref gets a text just before going out to officiate the game

"Remember the now established tradition that we ALWAYS give a penalty to the spuds"

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
A "pelanty" is what the "special" kids at school called a "penalty"😉
It's an exercise bike.........or is that a Pelaton :? :? :?
I think you are going off on a tandem there.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:39 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:41 pm
Premier League statement: “With Arsenal having fewer than the required number of players available for the match (13 outfield players & one goalkeeper), the board accepted the club’s application [to postpone to match].” #afc

Premier League statement: “The decision is a result of a combination of Covid-19, existing & recent injuries & players on international duty at the Africa Cup of Nations. All clubs are able to apply for a postponement if Covid-19 infections are a factor in their request.” #afc
**to be read through gritted teeth**

What a result for us :lol:

Tiny totts have fixture congestion :barscarf:
We will have new signings and AFCON players back :barscarf:
We get a rest prior to beating the scousers :barscarf:
Sky sports get fucked up the arse ! :barscarf:
Neville gets made to look a 2 faced twat :barscarf:

Quite ridiculous that the game isn’t going ahead as injuries are frankly tough shit, but glad that we are for once using precedents in our favour.
Schweeeeeeeeet! :high5: :lol: :lol: :lol: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:18 pm
xisstential wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:51 pm
goonersid wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:36 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:31 am
StuartL wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:26 pm
Lump on to them being awarded a pelanty :oops:
What's a "Pelanty" ??? :rubchin: :D :wink:

Ohhh! I seeeee a "Penalty" Yes you're absolutely right Stu... Son is out so it'll either be FatTung or eyebrows who dive and get it... It's almost part of NLD tradition now - The ref gets a text just before going out to officiate the game

"Remember the now established tradition that we ALWAYS give a penalty to the spuds"

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
A "pelanty" is what the "special" kids at school called a "penalty"😉
It's an exercise bike.........or is that a Pelaton :? :? :?
I think you are going off on a tandem there.
Unfortunately we're Saddled with him.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Midz wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:12 pm
From SSN "Tottenham are angry at rivals Arsenal after they requested to postpone Sunday's north London derby due to having an insufficient number of players to fulfil the fixture."

Ha ha ha fucking ha!! Who cares if they're angry, fuck 'em! :D :D :D :D

Reading that made me laugh out loud. Ahahahahaha!! Fuck off douche bags!!

I guess y'all have seen it already but here's the link in case:-

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... rs-request
absolutely...fucking tossers.....

Arsenal have every right to appeal....

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:24 pm
goonersid wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:18 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:17 pm
Unless there is a mass COVID outbreak in any PL, it is an absolute fucking embarrassment to have the game called off. Named squads supported by huge academies and they claim they can't get a side together

AMN, Guendouzi, Torreira, Saliba all loaned out when we knew COVID was amongst us and the AFCON was coming up. Now we've packed Balogun off too. The fact that we don't have recall options is poor management. Wilshere training with the club - sign him as an emergency pay as you play. Azeez recalled from loan

I don't care what other clubs have done - they are just as pathetic calling games off.

If a squad had a dozen COVID cases I could sympathise. As far as I'm aware we have 1 player who actually has COVID. The rest are either injuries or self inflicted issues like loan deals or in the case of the club footed c.unt, yet more indiscipline

Fancy knowing that you've got an AFCON coming up, loaning out 3 central midfielders and banking on Clive staying suspension free

Nobody else's fault apart from our own
Honestly Stevo? I do wish people would stop naming Guendozi, a fucking useless troublemaker!
Torreira, doesn't want to be in London, hadn't had a decent game for us in 12 months before he was loaned out!
None of the three that have been loaned out are world beaters mate, but all the while he keeps faith with that club footed c.unt I'm afraid their names will keep coming up. If he actually signs a proper fucking player there I'll gladly forget all of them!
Whilst I'm still not convinced by his management abilities, the squad, whilst thin, xhaka aside! Is improving with every transfer window, bringing back or wanting the return of dross that we've managed to unload, even on loan?
The Saliba situation is the only one that I cant get my head around, to say it's because Emery signed him? I dont buy that.
Was just thinking , is Xhaka the last remaining Wenger signing?

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

goonersid wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:59 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
goonersid wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Unless there is a mass COVID outbreak in any PL, it is an absolute fucking embarrassment to have the game called off. Named squads supported by huge academies and they claim they can't get a side together

AMN, Guendouzi, Torreira, Saliba all loaned out when we knew COVID was amongst us and the AFCON was coming up. Now we've packed Balogun off too. The fact that we don't have recall options is poor management. Wilshere training with the club - sign him as an emergency pay as you play. Azeez recalled from loan

I don't care what other clubs have done - they are just as pathetic calling games off.

If a squad had a dozen COVID cases I could sympathise. As far as I'm aware we have 1 player who actually has COVID. The rest are either injuries or self inflicted issues like loan deals or in the case of the club footed c.unt, yet more indiscipline

Fancy knowing that you've got an AFCON coming up, loaning out 3 central midfielders and banking on Clive staying suspension free

Honestly Stevo? I do wish people would stop naming Guendozi, a fucking useless troublemaker!
Torreira, doesn't want to be in London, hadn't had a decent game for us in 12 months before he was loaned out!
None of the three that have been loaned out are world beaters mate, but all the while he keeps faith with that club footed c.unt I'm afraid their names will keep coming up. If he actually signs a proper fucking player there I'll gladly forget all of them!
Whilst I'm still not convinced by his management abilities, the squad, whilst thin, xhaka aside! Is improving with every transfer window, bringing back or wanting the return of dross that we've managed to unload, even on loan?
The Saliba situation is the only one that I cant get my head around, to say it's because Emery signed him? I dont buy that.
Chambers???? Laca??, Auba too but i think we'll consider him gone!

Is Mkhitaryan still a loan job or is he off the books

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xgtdec wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:01 pm
goonersid wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:59 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
goonersid wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Chambers???? Laca??, Auba too but i think we'll consider him gone!

Is Mkhitaryan still a loan job or is he off the books
Kolasinac ?