Beegee doo v The Ginger cum gargler H Sun 23rd Jan KO 2pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Beegee doo v The Ginger cum gargler H Sun 23rd Jan KO 2pm

Post by augie »

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:47 pm
we all agree xhaka is shit apart from leftie! ;) however is Lokonga shitter is the question i think wilson is raising

i think hes out of his depth but could be a decent player, he was Anderlecht captain which is no great shakes but must say something about him at such a young age...oh wait isn't xhaka Swiss captain?

I think our need for striker and CM are equally as pressing. One or other will help a bit, but without both we are fooked. Is this Kessie fella at Ac Milan any good, scum been linked with him for ages and his running down his contract, so surely we shouldn't be turning our nose up at him is hes good enough for scum?

This is the point I was making to some of my non Gooner buddies earlier - it is criminal how shit we are in the centre midfield when imo that area is the engine/driving force of any team. Yes partey being back is a help, but lets be honest and say that he has been distinctly average in a lot of games for us, and more importantly we have no-one good enough to play alongside him anyway. I'm sick of hearing crap about how difficult it is to buy in the January transfer window - we have been hearing this b.ullshit for years, and let me add that surely the later you leave it, the harder it will be to do any deals ? Clubs that we will be hoping to buy off will be left with f**k all time to get a replacement in, so then they are less likely to sell to us.
Honest to god when you look at our performance in this transfer window, it is probably right up there in terms of disgraceful with the time the french cock bought nobody when we were challenging - when we knew we were losing 2 midfielders to afcon, we should have had at least one and maybe two signed to come in on January 2nd. When you know that they are gone and you have no replacements signed and are nowhere near bringing anyone in, you dont let maitland-niles off on loan regardless of what the player himself wants. Absolutely shocking business all around

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Fully agree, deals should have been agreed, contracts agreed, to be ready to move in on 2nd January. Its not as if the afcon is a surprise...perhaps they thought it would be cancelled due to covid, but big risk to take.

The striker situation slightly different as they didn't know aAuba would suddenly become unselectable, but the CM position is unacceptable, especially allowing options (poor options but better than what we currently have) to leave on loan compound sit. FFS given the situation we are in we should have given Jack a short term deal, cannot do worse than Patino against forest or yesterdays disgrace.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:23 pm
Fully agree, deals should have been agreed, contracts agreed, to be ready to move in on 2nd January. Its not as if the afcon is a surprise...perhaps they thought it would be cancelled due to covid, but big risk to take.

The striker situation slightly different as they didn't know aAuba would suddenly become unselectable, but the CM position is unacceptable, especially allowing options (poor options but better than what we currently have) to leave on loan compound sit. FFS given the situation we are in we should have given Jack a short term deal, cannot do worse than Patino against forest or yesterdays disgrace.
No, Dear God, that is just as desperate as it can possibly get. Not because of his ability to play but that we have got ourselves into the insane position where we are forced to revisit that well.....it is scandalous!! Plus, he would probably get injured and we would be shelling out more money on somebody who wouldn't even be available. Anyway, we don't need another creator in the midfield, we need a defensive midfielder. Somebody to replace Xhaka....PERMANENTLY!!

Midz

Post by Midz »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:12 pm

No, Dear God, that is just as desperate as it can possibly get. Not because of his ability to play but that we have got ourselves into the insane position where we are forced to revisit that well.....it is scandalous!! Plus, he would probably get injured and we would be shelling out more money on somebody who wouldn't even be available. Anyway, we don't need another creator in the midfield, we need a defensive midfielder. Somebody to replace Xhaka....PERMANENTLY!!

A plastic dustbin would do that job just fine. :D

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

augie wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:41 pm
Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:47 pm
we all agree xhaka is shit apart from leftie! ;) however is Lokonga shitter is the question i think wilson is raising

i think hes out of his depth but could be a decent player, he was Anderlecht captain which is no great shakes but must say something about him at such a young age...oh wait isn't xhaka Swiss captain?

I think our need for striker and CM are equally as pressing. One or other will help a bit, but without both we are fooked. Is this Kessie fella at Ac Milan any good, scum been linked with him for ages and his running down his contract, so surely we shouldn't be turning our nose up at him is hes good enough for scum?

This is the point I was making to some of my non Gooner buddies earlier - it is criminal how shit we are in the centre midfield when imo that area is the engine/driving force of any team. Yes partey being back is a help, but lets be honest and say that he has been distinctly average in a lot of games for us, and more importantly we have no-one good enough to play alongside him anyway. I'm sick of hearing crap about how difficult it is to buy in the January transfer window - we have been hearing this b.ullshit for years, and let me add that surely the later you leave it, the harder it will be to do any deals ? Clubs that we will be hoping to buy off will be left with f**k all time to get a replacement in, so then they are less likely to sell to us.
Honest to god when you look at our performance in this transfer window, it is probably right up there in terms of disgraceful with the time the french cock bought nobody when we were challenging - when we knew we were losing 2 midfielders to afcon, we should have had at least one and maybe two signed to come in on January 2nd. When you know that they are gone and you have no replacements signed and are nowhere near bringing anyone in, you dont let maitland-niles off on loan regardless of what the player himself wants. Absolutely shocking business all around

Midfield is where games are controlled and therefore usually won or lost

It’s absolute bullocks that you can not buy in January

Adebayor
Arshavin
Auba
Elneny
Walcott
As well as Kim Kallstrom !

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:35 pm
xisstential wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:12 pm

A plastic dustbin would do that job just fine. :D
1,000% True and nowhere near harsh. :D

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Xhaka should he phased out & must be improved upon, but I cannot be convinced that Lokonga or Elneny are better options, nor ESR or Odegaard dropping deep. As of right now, Partey and Xhaka is the best pairing we have.

Its not a coincidence we were flat for a straight 180 minutes against Nottingham Forrest and Burnley without scoring when Lokonga was playing next to Odegaard/ESR. We were too slow moving the ball against Burnley, We had zero midfield distribution from Lokonga and a wondering ESR/Odegaard, With Xhaka and Partey they are better at breaking up the opposition attacks and getting the ball out to the forward players, even if Xhaka's quality is still in arrears, when picking the team he needs to be compared relative to what we have, & thats Lokonga and Elneny.

Its so obvious we need a midfielder more so than a striker. Have we finally given up on Vlahovic and pressing forward with Melo. Thats what we need, semi experienced player having played over 100 times for Barcelona/Juventus & 21 Brazil caps to add some quality and level headedness to the team

Ramsdale
Tomiyasu White Gabriel Tierney
Partey Melo
Saka Odegaard ESR
Martinelli

That team would have a lot of success. Xhaka and Lacazette are the weakest links int the team, but Xhaka has to play because Elneny and Lokonga would make the chain even weaker.

augie

Post by augie »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:33 pm
Xhaka should he phased out & must be improved upon, but I cannot be convinced that Lokonga or Elneny are better options, nor ESR or Odegaard dropping deep. As of right now, Partey and Xhaka is the best pairing we have.

Its not a coincidence we were flat for a straight 180 minutes against Nottingham Forrest and Burnley without scoring when Lokonga was playing next to Odegaard/ESR. We were too slow moving the ball against Burnley, We had zero midfield distribution from Lokonga and a wondering ESR/Odegaard, With Xhaka and Partey they are better at breaking up the opposition attacks and getting the ball out to the forward players, even if Xhaka's quality is still in arrears, when picking the team he needs to be compared relative to what we have, & thats Lokonga and Elneny.

Its so obvious we need a midfielder more so than a striker. Have we finally given up on Vlahovic and pressing forward with Melo. Thats what we need, semi experienced player having played over 100 times for Barcelona/Juventus & 21 Brazil caps to add some quality and level headedness to the team

Ramsdale
Partey Melo
Saka Odegaard ESR
Martinelli

That team would have a lot of success. Xhaka and Lacazette are the weakest links int the team, but Xhaka has to play because Elneny and Lokonga would make the chain even weaker.

No coincidence that we won 8 games in a row without the swiss turd too :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

It is obvious that ESR and Odergaard cannot play together - too similar in their roles and for me; ESR is a far better player.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Whilst playing Odegaard out of position alongside Lokonga.....nice to see Guendouzi assisting twice for Marseille, Torreira scoring for Fiorentina and AMN playing for Roma in their 4-2 win

Great we're doing other teams favours while we draw 0-0 with the basement boys

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:26 pm
Whilst playing Odegaard out of position alongside Lokonga.....nice to see Guendouzi assisting twice for Marseille, Torreira scoring for Fiorentina and AMN playing for Roma in their 4-2 win

Great we're doing other teams favours while we draw 0-0 with the basement boys
I'd play any of those players you name as a DM ahead of Clive every single time. Including Ohdeargod and Lokonga, though admittedly both Ohdeargod and Lokonga would be chosen after the other three.... Still just anyone ahead of walking lobotomy Clive. :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:16 am
wilson2.0 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:33 pm

Ramsdale
Partey Melo
Saka Odegaard ESR
Martinelli

No coincidence that we won 8 games in a row without the swiss turd too :rubchin:
Exactly, you also give away less possession, less penalties, less pissing the ball away, less slowing the play down, all when you don't play Clive. The cùnt is a moron and vice versa. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

See, I don't think Xhaka should be "phased out".

Naaah! I'll happily drive him to the local Veterinary Surgery down the road and have the fucker "Put Down" - That way imagine how many Gooners that single act of mercy alone would be putting thousands out of their misery. :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:41 am

Naaah! I'll happily drive him to the local Veterinary Surgery down the road and have the fucker "Put Down" - That way imagine how many Gooners that single act of mercy alone would be putting thousands out of their misery. :D
:lol:

I'm paying for your petrol. :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:40 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:41 am

:lol:

I'm paying for your petrol. :lol:
I'll provide the "Thank You" card for the vet