Brentford bawbags H Sat 19th Feb KO 3PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Brentford bawbags H Sat 19th Feb KO 3PM

Post by OneBardGooner »

Just need Man $hitty to absolutely corn hole the scum now.

and see fat tongue go off with a season ending injury and Son to be attacked by a Rottweiler on the pitch for eating his relatives... THEN get Red Carded for diving.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

g88ner wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:02 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:47 pm
The Swiss turd twice refusing the armband from Nketiah.
That’s good isn’t it? I’m sure he was acutely aware he’d get dogs abuse if he took the armband.

Really don’t get why people are upset that he did what we all wanted and not take the armband. Or do people want him to take the captains armband? You can’t have it both ways.
I think the point is that he shouldn't even be considered to have the armband, even if he was the only Arsenal player on the pitch.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:07 pm
g88ner wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
That’s good isn’t it? I’m sure he was acutely aware he’d get dogs abuse if he took the armband.

Really don’t get why people are upset that he did what we all wanted and not take the armband. Or do people want him to take the captains armband? You can’t have it both ways.
I think the point is that he shouldn't even be considered to have the armband, even if he was the only Arsenal player on the pitch.
He’s in the leadership group :coffeespit:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:06 pm
g88ner wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:

For me g88ner it's a case of he should never be handed the armband but if he is handed it he as a piece of shit should feel fucking honoured to even touch it and by rejecting it he just proves further what a complete self obsessed selfish cùnt he truly is. :wink:
I wish he’d put it on just for the meltdown on here :barscarf: I reckon he’s a forum member :lol:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

g88ner wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:

I'm not upset :lol:

I was just pointing out again what a prick he is. Regardless of what we think of him to turn down the armband is a disgrace.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:41 pm
All of you bigging us up, we will now lose or scrape a last minute draw and scum will fluke a win vs City...you heard it hear first!!!

You Had To Go and Jinx the week-end didn't you! :roll: :banghead:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:04 pm
All of you bigging us up, we will now lose or scrape a last minute draw and scum will fluke a win vs City...you heard it hear first!!!

mate was fucking obvious, all this 4 in a row and the cockiness on here about them getting bummed into next week. It wouldn't have been allowed bu the PL. diamond joe with a big wad of cash for pep and his lazy arse players. thats my theory anyway...no other explanation for the apparently best team in the land to be so awful.

oh and didnt you claim it first?!

Sounds like we were relatively comfortable today listened to first half on talk shite 2 in the car but sounded like we huff and puffed a bit with no focal point as ever. Need 2 strikers desperately.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Another great ESR goal.

Martinelli really needs to play down the middle and Saka and ESR either side of him. We cant have Lacazette playing upfront and failing to score

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:03 pm
Another great ESR goal.

Martinelli really needs to play down the middle and Saka and ESR either side of him. We cant have Lacazette playing upfront and failing to score

He is a passenger. When you look at other sides in the EPL with a decent target/striker up front it is no surprise we fail. He is past it so make the call & use Martinelli in that roll for the rest of the season. Move Laca on in the summer. :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:54 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:04 pm

mate was fucking obvious, all this 4 in a row and the cockiness on here about them getting bummed into next week. It wouldn't have been allowed bu the PL. diamond joe with a big wad of cash for pep and his lazy arse players. thats my theory anyway...no other explanation for the apparently best team in the land to be so awful.

oh and didnt you claim it first?!

Sounds like we were relatively comfortable today listened to first half on talk shite 2 in the car but sounded like we huff and puffed a bit with no focal point as ever. Need 2 strikers desperately.
Yup! I said we'd win by 3 or 4 goals, BUT then I changed my mind :D

Didn't make a forecast on the $hitty v Scum game... I still reckon you Jinxed it. :cry:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Yes good call....TBH no way i could see scum winning up at city.......

will we get top 4 thats the question?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Nice result and performance - at half time was fearing another Burnley 0-0 especially as Brentford lacked more ambition than anyone I've seen at our place for some time

How lucky we are to have a player like Emile Smith Rowe. The way he glides past people and scores goals like that - an absolute gem and we need to work out how to make him a regular because he's good enough to play for anyone including Liverpool and City. Odegaard in fairness was excellent too.

Imagine what this team could be with a top grade CF and a proper player alongside Partey. With Martinelli, Saka, ESR and Odegaard playing around them all, you'd like to think that would be the basis of a top side for years. However, it will be like Wenger's teams of 08 onwards - a couple of pieces short - unless those deficiencies are addressed this Summer

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:04 pm
Nice result and performance - at half time was fearing another Burnley 0-0 especially as Brentford lacked more ambition than anyone I've seen at our place for some time

How lucky we are to have a player like Emile Smith Rowe. The way he glides past people and scores goals like that - an absolute gem and we need to work out how to make him a regular because he's good enough to play for anyone including Liverpool and City. Odegaard in fairness was excellent too.

Imagine what this team could be with a top grade CF and a proper player alongside Partey. With Martinelli, Saka, ESR and Odegaard playing around them all, you'd like to think that would be the basis of a top side for years. However, it will be like Wenger's teams of 08 onwards - a couple of pieces short - unless those deficiencies are addressed this Summer
Emile Smith Rowe has been superb since he got into the team just over a year ago.

Agree, a top striker and a Xhakash!t replacement are needed. Nketiah will never be one, and it could be another 2-3 years before Balogun could be that good. Martinelli may be the answer, but would need to give him a run in the team. Also need some cover at the back. Cedric and Holding are ok and Tavares is improving, but would do no harm to have another good defender.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

arrgee wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:16 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:04 pm

Emile Smith Rowe has been superb since he got into the team just over a year ago.

Agree, a top striker and a Xhakash!t replacement are needed. Nketiah will never be one, and it could be another 2-3 years before Balogun could be that good. Martinelli may be the answer, but would need to give him a run in the team. Also need some cover at the back. Cedric and Holding are ok and Tavares is improving, but would do no harm to have another good defender.
El Brittas has a fabulous defender in Saliba ready made to slot in but because he personally didn't sign him, he will be running his contract down to zero whilst we search for a 30m player he can call his own

We will ruin Martinelli if we try playing him as CF. He might get away with it in less physical leagues but back to goal hold up role in the PL? No chance

If they spend all of the budget on a striker I'd give Guendouzi another shot alongside Partey. If he comes back and acts like a dick, then fair enough, pack him off

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

For me this summer is a true watershed moment. With the squad being decimated in clearing out the crap, signings obviously have to be made.

Get those new additions right, finally pack the Swiss Turd off to anywhere that will have him and we could well be at the start of a new era!

If all goes well you could even argue that the "process" has worked. :lol:

A huge, huge summer ahead.