Brentford bawbags H Sat 19th Feb KO 3PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Brentford bawbags H Sat 19th Feb KO 3PM

Post by StuartL »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:09 pm
For me this summer is a true watershed moment. With the squad being decimated in clearing out the crap, signings obviously have to be made.

Get those new additions right, finally pack the Swiss Turd off to anywhere that will have him and we could well be at the start of a new era!

If all goes well you could even argue that the "process" has worked. :lol:

A huge, huge summer ahead.
I agree Clummo but have a worry that by not signing the top striker we need in the last window we may well regret it.

City will buy a top striker, ( probably Haaland )
Utd need 2 ? To replace Cavani and Ronaldo, and anyone who may be at Her Majesty’s pleasure … probably Kane, particularly if pochitono ends up jumping the good ship PSG.
Lewandowski may be into his last season at Bayern and Mbappe looks like leaving PSG

So there will be a lot of clubs looking for a super quality striker, and unless we get Champions League football then we may be quite a way down the pecking order, unless Edu wrapped up a tasty deal for the summer in advance ?
Which, as we all know, can go tits up, if other clubs gazzump.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:28 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:09 pm
For me this summer is a true watershed moment. With the squad being decimated in clearing out the crap, signings obviously have to be made.

Get those new additions right, finally pack the Swiss Turd off to anywhere that will have him and we could well be at the start of a new era!

If all goes well you could even argue that the "process" has worked. :lol:

A huge, huge summer ahead.
I agree Clummo but have a worry that by not signing the top striker we need in the last window we may well regret it.

City will buy a top striker, ( probably Haaland )
Utd need 2 ? To replace Cavani and Ronaldo, and anyone who may be at Her Majesty’s pleasure … probably Kane, particularly if pochitono ends up jumping the good ship PSG.
Lewandowski may be into his last season at Bayern and Mbappe looks like leaving PSG

So there will be a lot of clubs looking for a super quality striker, and unless we get Champions League football then we may be quite a way down the pecking order, unless Edu wrapped up a tasty deal for the summer in advance ?
Which, as we all know, can go tits up, if other clubs gazzump.
To be honest the type of strikers we are looking at are not ones that will be troubling the big boys activities - Lewandowski, Mbappe, Haaland and the like will be hawked around to the 3 or 4 clubs in the world that can realistically buy them.

In some ways you'd hope that would clear the path for the strikers we are looking at

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

In all honesty I'd prefer the lesser named players rather than the big egos, even if they were within our reach. We've been there before.

Get those that are hungry, want to improve and succeed but most of all get them correct.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

will probably sign helmet head on a free in the summer again and be done!!

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Decent enough performance for only our second match in 4 weeks. Gutted about the concession of a goal in 93rd minute. Showed the concentration level dropped off (and it cost 12 point on FFP).
24 attempts, 8 on target doesn't seem too much to get worried about. Thought laca finished his disallowed goal well, considering he hasn't scored for a few games, the confidence is there to finish.
There are enough players to get us goals in this team to get through the matches.
Funny how throughout the manure game the commentators "forgot" to mention Arsenal in that race. Maybe Wolves should be added into the mix as they are above Spuds in the league, even though they (spuds) are sky's favourites to finish 4th after their inspired win at City. To me it looked liked Kane was out to prove a point.
If we aren't scoring 4-5 goals we need to keep clean sheets and conceding that one in the last minute of injury time could be the difference at the end of the season. I hope it isn't. Thursday night will be a very difficult game.

John F

Post by John F »

Just been reading that Atkinson is in charge on Thursday for a fourth time this season. It is not a good omen as we have lost the previous 3. He just loves to get his cards out against us and from what I have heard he gets his special musical ones out just for us.5 yellows and two reds so far and throw in a penalty and add to that Clive will be on the pitch what could go wrong?. :rubchin:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

John F wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:59 am
Just been reading that Atkinson is in charge on Thursday for a fourth time this season. It is not a good omen as we have lost the previous 3. He just loves to get his cards out against us and from what I have heard he gets his special musical ones out just for us.5 yellows and two reds so far and throw in a penalty and add to that Clive will be on the pitch what could go wrong?. :rubchin:
Not good news that he is ref :( Hes a right arsehole :(