Wolves wankbags H Thu 24th Feb KO 745PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Wolves wankbags H Thu 24th Feb KO 745PM

Post by rodders999 »

Welbz got that last minute winner against Leicester down that end as did Thierry with a bullet header against United all those years ago and tonight’s goal gave me the same fucking buzz as those did.

GET IN :barscarf:

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Couldn't celebrate until I saw the replay as wasn't sure that Laca was offside, and they took ages to show it.

Made up for it at the final whistle.

Fair fucks to both Pepe and Nketiah

shu

Post by shu »

Brilliant get in , roll on Sunday .
Good to see quick fast flowing footy second half . We did play well . :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

shu wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:10 pm
Good to see quick fast flowing footy second half . We did play well . :barscarf:
What's happening Sunday

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

shu wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:10 pm
Who have we got on Sunday? I thought we were meant to be playing the Chavs, but they’re in the league cup final???

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Fair play from the Wolves manager not rising to that interviewers questions!

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Pepe for all his frustrating traits has a goal in him that was a great finish under pressure :barscarf:

That Sa has been credited with the winner super he was time wasting all game :censored:

Martin Atkinson doing his best to lose control of a game with not one dirty foul but players from both teams could see he is out of his depth.

Stirring end about time we scored a injury time winner,big 3 points :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Topside Northbank wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:21 pm
Pepe for all his frustrating traits has a goal in him that was a great finish under pressure :barscarf:

That Sa has been credited with the winner super he was time wasting all game :censored:

Martin Atkinson doing his best to lose control of a game with not one dirty foul but players from both teams could see he is out of his depth.

Stirring end about time we scored a injury time winner,big 3 points :barscarf:

Yes, it is usually the opposition who do it to us.

Nice feeling to win like that makes the Win Extra- enjoyable. :barscarf:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Amazing what happens when you get behind a defence and turn them round instead of putting aimless centres to make their defence look good.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Superb win and fair play to Martinez-Lite he got it right tonight. Doesn't matter if it was an OG we deserved the win and fuck those ferret molesting time wasting uncle fucking inbreds - they got what they deserved too!

:barscarf: :barscarf:

Clive is still a useless cùnt. That is all. :box: :D

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

That was an exhilarating victory. I've been around some games when we were going for the biggest trophies and felt like Grimandi's winner against a stubborn Palace or Lauren's penalty against spuds. We have a proper team, a manager who can win a game tactically. At fucking last!!!
Say it quietly but I think we could even catch the chavs.
He's never going to be a favourite but I thought Xhaka really stepped up today and led the team. His manhandling of Jimenez to get him off the pitch reminds me of a players from our past. And he didn't get a red card for it. Much better in a more forward midfield role.
Great and vital victory!

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Fantastic 3pts :barscarf: i thought it was fucked when they scored but we somehow managed to dig it out :barscarf: Its amazing how many pages this thread ended up with considering how close to kick off it was put up :oops: On to the next game.

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

Heading to Tenerife for a week this morning for our first family holiday with our little 7 month old lad and what a buzz this result has given me to kick start the holiday :barscarf:

Thought regardless of going a goal down to a silly mistake that we played pretty well. Thought Thomas Partey was worth a mention. On his day he is a very effective player for getting the ball moving forward quicker, he just really needs to stop shooting or get some serious practice in. Fuck me he is wild with his efforts on goal :roll:

My favourite thing about last night was the desire until the death to get the winner. Days gone by too often we would have got level and accepted the draw but we were pushing for the win until the end. Love that.

We go on now to next Sunday giving us a good rest and maybe a chance for ESR and Tommy to be back in the squad.

Was also very refreshing for our subs to make such a big impact, Pepe and Nkeitah were excellent when they came on :D

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I know I said it in the match thread already but having watched the highlights again just now it’s worth saying again that the atmosphere was absolutely superb yet again last night.

All season it’s been excellent, there’s been a massive change this year and for the better, not sure what’s behind it but the fans in the ground are 100% behind this side. I think the fact that a lot of the divisive, disruptive and dislikeable players have been binned and what we’re left with is a squad of players who regardless of what you think of their quality all seem to give it all for the cause.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

It was an own goal. Lacazette is still a problem. Sure he is a good leader and works hard from the front, but his shot was shit and it was a genuine keeper own goal. Contrast to Pepe's brilliant turn and finish. We would score more goals if we try Martinelli or even -Pepe upfront.

Still though great result. Wolves are no pushovers even at home.