Watford wanksocks A Sun 6th Mar KO 2pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Watford wanksocks A Sun 6th Mar KO 2pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:22 pm
Midz wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:16 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:57 pm
good win played some great stuff at times...but cant carry Xhaka and Cedric....
and Partey. WTF does he offer to the team?
Trying to cover for Xhakas fuck ups mainly!
Clive makes so many mistakes Partey is going to have his work cut out! :D

Midz

Post by Midz »

Thank you Kevin De Bruyne City 1-0 Utd after 4 mins.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Midz wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:16 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:57 pm
good win played some great stuff at times...but cant carry Xhaka and Cedric....
and Partey. WTF does he offer to the team?
Partey was superb. So many forward passes and positive play. Him and Odegaard make us tick.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:21 pm
Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:19 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:06 pm
If I was in that dressing room right now I’d have Ben White, Gabriel and Xhaka by the fucking throat and Ramsdale wouldn’t be far off it either.
Cedric too! Tomiyasu can't came back quick enough
Praying Tomi gets fit soon, Cedric was horrendous today, so fucking bad.
Cedric was excellent first half. Seemed to run out of steam as the game went on and switched off. He got cramp too so just not fit enough for such a hectic game.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Bottom line is if Utd loose and with west ham filth already lost will be a great weekends results :D :D :D

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:32 pm
£29.8 million quid for Odegaard, I’m off for a *****, what a player, frightening how good he’s gonna be in 2-3 seasons.
A couple of things I really like about him are his ability to find the little pockets of space, and his passes are usually a great weight for whoever they are intended for.

I wish he would shoot more, in and around the box - far more likely to be in target than Partey.

:barscarf:

Looks like he enjoys himself, teaming up with Saka, lots of energy from him.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:15 pm
rodders999 wrote:
£29.8 million quid for Odegaard, I’m off for a *****, what a player, frightening how good he’s gonna be in 2-3 seasons.
A couple of things I really like about him are his ability to find the little pockets of space, and his passes are usually a great weight for whoever they are intended for.

I wish he would shoot more, in and around the box - far more likely to be in target than Partey.

No question Ohdeargod has been really effective of late. I've always said he has a sweet pass in him and a bit of vision but I also thought he was seriously lacking in the decision making part of his game. And hands up I have to admit he has improved that a lot recently. I for one didn't think he would, to be honest.

Only questions I have about him now are he seems very lightweight against strong midfielders, and will he sustain this run of form? I hope so. He has the potential to be top class.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:24 pm
StuartL wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:15 pm
rodders999 wrote:

No question Ohdeargod has been really effective of late. I've always said he has a sweet pass in him and a bit of vision but I also thought he was seriously lacking in the decision making part of his game. And hands up I have to admit he has improved that a lot recently. I for one didn't think he would, to be honest.

Only questions I have about him now are he seems very lightweight against strong midfielders, and will he sustain this run of form? I hope so. He has the potential to be top class.
Thats where i stand really.....anyone could see hes really good on the ball with an eye for a pass...and of late hes just getting better...confidence is growing...superb again today
But with busy midfielders biting at his ankles not letting him get his head up such as at Anfield and shite hart lane, that will be interesting

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

A good result today, but did highlight our shortcomings in midfield especially. Xhaka had a Xhaka game with a couple of brainfarts. Gabriel had another not so great game in my view as did Ramsdale with his shoddy passing. Going forward, there was some quality play. Given how young the squad is and the big holes in the squad, we are in 4th. These players and the manager will make mistakes and get punished - that is the norm at this level of football, but more times than not, they are getting things right. Let's hope that this run continues to give us some breathing space in 4th and potentially challenge for 3rd. If we could pip Chelsea to 3rd, it'd be a great season taking into consideration how I felt about the team and manager before the season began.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

It's probably been covered but WTF were those red shorts about? No colour clash at all, different socks too. Looked bloody awful. Three great goals though! Why do we have to let the opposition get a glimpse of hope so often. Just finish them off FFS.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Red Snapper wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:28 pm
It's probably been covered but WTF were those red shorts about? No colour clash at all, different socks too. Looked bloody awful. Three great goals though! Why do we have to let the opposition get a glimpse of hope so often. Just finish them off FFS.
One Word:

Clive. :banghead:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Given how referees and VAR seem to find new, creative ways to punish Arsenal, I was half expecting VAR to draw a line next to the managers box to show that Arteta handled the ball in an area he wasn’t allowed to be in and disallow it :rubchin:

I bet Mike Riley is fuming his team missed that opportunity :roll: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g88ner wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:44 pm
Given how referees and VAR seem to find new, creative ways to punish Arsenal, I was half expecting VAR to draw a line next to the managers box to show that Arteta handled the ball in an area he wasn’t allowed to be in and disallow it :rubchin:

I bet Mike Riley is fuming his team missed that opportunity :roll: :lol:
:lol:

Haha I said the exact same thing to my son here! Then we sat there shitting a brick in case the fuckers did.... :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Red Snapper wrote:
Agreed on the red shorts. Looked gash.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Red Snapper wrote:
missed the first 2 goals just seen them....fucking amazing play between Odergaard and Saka for the first....the other 2 were superb as well...pleased for Martinelli with his goal

There really was some of the best passing and goals i have seen in years....getting repetitive i know but desperately need to get rid of Xhaka and Cedric...must also say Ben White was poor for one of their goals...