Bye bye Chelski bye bye

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Bye bye Chelski bye bye

Post by OneBardGooner »

Rian1 wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:47 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:20 pm
g88ner wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:10 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:47 pm

I don't see why the players can't pay to get to matches themselves - if i want to get to work then i have to pay to get on a train.
welcome to the real world.
That is the real world Rob.

Companies generally don’t pay for you to commute to your designated place of work (for footballers this will be the training ground) but, for work trips, companies generally pay for transport costs (petrol, taxi, train, flights) as well as accommodation and food, so it’s normal that footballers would not have to pay for that themselves when travelling to games.

I travel a lot with work and the company always pays for my work trips.

For which they will claim a large chunk back via Taxes.

A Professional Footballers "Place of Work" is On The Pitch. Training etc is preparation for that work.
The players' place of work is the home stadium or the training ground. Most likely, the place of work is the company's registered address which is most likely Stamford Bridge. There is no such thing as 'pitch' - in that case someone's place of work is 'office desk' or 'the construction site off Caledonian Road'
What? You have never heard of the term "Pitch"? - Particularly in relation to football?

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

They can get Suggs and Paul Weller to do some shite fundraising single for them. Get Phil Collins involved too!

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I said when he bought the c u n t s it would end in tears ( for them) At the time I predicted relegation within 15 years, might take a bit longer, but please please please!!

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Shouldn't all this have happened when they were found guilty of traffiking children a few years ago or covering up nonces and racists on their coaching staff?

shu

Post by shu »

Too right Perry .
Always like your old school approach , totally correct :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I wonder what all those ChavCUNTS who were chanting the MotherFuckers name during the 1 Minutes applause for the Ukrainian people are feeling right NOW!?

Fuck you you RacistChavCUNTS!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :coffeespit:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

shu wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:02 pm
Too right Perry .
Always like your old school approach , totally correct :D
We all know, don't we. Those of us know what football was like before the years of mass-media shit and defending the indefensible. Sky and their luvvies excusing the behaviour of racists and murderers and rapists and homophobes and criminals and whatever other fucking horrendous shit they needed to do to pretend it was all "great for the game and Premier League product." If Hitler had bought a club in 1935, Sky Sports would have told us all about how passionate he was for the game and how much he cared for football and how great he was. Come to think of it, Hitler and the Chavs in one topic, that rings a bell.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:00 pm
They can get Suggs and Paul Weller to do some shite fundraising single for them. Get Phil Collins involved too!

The Deutschlandlied followed by Horst-Wessel-Lied would be very popular amongst a prominent section of their traditional supporters. :censored: :cussing: :box:

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Football clubs rise and fall over time. No reason Chelsea cant end up another Nottingham Forrest. They are in the shit big time and their wont be a 'savior'. Wealthy investors are happy to buy clubs like Man City and build them up, the 'pull' of Chelsea is not a thing. If these restrictions are held then the club could face administration and given the Derby County/Rangers treatment.

Its not a false down. They literally could end up getting fucked sideways and destroyed

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:36 am
Football clubs rise and fall over time. No reason Chelsea cant end up another Nottingham Forrest. They are in the shit big time and their wont be a 'savior'. Wealthy investors are happy to buy clubs like Man City and build them up, the 'pull' of Chelsea is not a thing. If these restrictions are held then the club could face administration and given the Derby County/Rangers treatment.

Its not a false down. They literally could end up getting fucked sideways and destroyed
If it drags on through the summer they are really in big,big trouble cash flow will dry up and with sponsor's pulling out you don't need to be an accountant to work that out.

It could also be should they finish the season in their current position third will their participation in next season's CL be revoked if Abramovich is still the owner , no idea tbh but a possibility I guess?

Administration is a real valid point you make and that's an automatic 9 point deduction they have a huge squad with a massive amount of players on loan and would have to sell players who will go for far below market value should the current sanctions remain just to pay wages and operating costs.

I am no fan of the Kroenke's but we as a club and fans should be relieved that we did not sell to Usmanov or we would be in massive trouble.

Chelsea have had two decades of operating off the back of the owners charity, they are now paying the price bang in trouble.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:09 pm
I wonder what all those ChavCUNTS who were chanting the MotherFuckers name during the 1 Minutes applause for the Ukrainian people are feeling right NOW!?

They were chanting it last night as well , wankers

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

gooner265 wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:37 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:09 pm

They were chanting it last night as well , wankers
They really are a load of CLASSLESS Utter Filth aren't they.

Saw this on the Beeb this morning: .................................................................................

Chelsea supporters have been urged to stop chanting in support of the club's owner Roman Abramovich.

Fans sang Abramovich's name during Chelsea's win at Norwich on Thursday.

Abramovich has been sanctioned by the UK government as part of its response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Technology minister Chris Philp said fans need to remember Abramovich has close ties with Russian president Vladimir Putin, whose regime has committed "barbaric acts" in Ukraine.

"I understand why Chelsea fans have some affection for him, but when the regime he is associated with is committing atrocities that is more important than football," he told BBC Radio Four's Today programme.

"So I would ask them to think very carefully before doing that again because the barbaric acts of the Putin regime which Abramovich has supported is far more important than football."

I cannot think of another club in the English Leagues that would continue to do this knowing what they know.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Andrew wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:31 pm
arrgee wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:25 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:02 pm
they are really fucked if this goes on any length of time because whilst for now season ticket holders can attend matches, they of course won't be able to sell any season tickets for next season :D
Not sure what happens with paying players because with zero income, once cash runs out, that’s it…

From Telegraph

A result of the sanctions, a club sale can only go through if the Government grants permission. Other key points for Chelsea in the order include:

Chelsea are now under under an effective transfer embargo, with new loans and permanent deals banned
Existing loans/transfer deals can still be paid
Broadcast and prize money can be received but will be frozen
Merchandising sales may continue but money cannot go to Chelsea
The club is limited to £20,000 travel expenses per match
There is also a limit to £500,000 on security, stewarding and catering costs per match
No new ticket sales - season ticket holders and existing ticket holders only
No stadium work or redevelopment

According to the BBC they don't think that £20,000 travel expenses per game is enough. :lol: :lol:

They obviously haven't heard of Megabus.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :high5:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

A song to sing at the Emirates in honour of our Chelski comrades.

Carefree wherever you may be
Not long now till bankruptcy
Back where you where in 2003
Shit club with no history!!!

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Unfortunately, the signs are already there that the government will water down the restrictions on the club.
I expect them to be sold in the coming weeks, hopefully however, to someone who won't or can't buy them future success.