Bye bye Chelski bye bye

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: Bye bye Chelski bye bye

Post by Gunner Rob »

£20,000 travel expenses is ridiculous really when you think about it.
just goes to show that the normal travel costs must be obscene.

I don't see why the players can't pay to get to matches themselves - if i want to get to work then i have to pay to get on a train.
welcome to the real world.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:47 pm

I don't see why the players can't pay to get to matches themselves - if i want to get to work then i have to pay to get on a train.
That is the real world Rob.

Companies generally don’t pay for you to commute to your designated place of work (for footballers this will be the training ground) but, for work trips, companies generally pay for transport costs (petrol, taxi, train, flights) as well as accommodation and food, so it’s normal that footballers would not have to pay for that themselves when travelling to games.

I travel a lot with work and the company always pays for my work trips.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Telecommunications company Three has asked Chelsea to remove their branding from their shirts immediately, having now suspended their sponsorship deal with the club. There’s a kit man in Norwich now heading down to Sports Direct to buy 20 plain blue football tops.

:lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:02 am
no more private jets to European games either - the players will be on Ryanair to their CL games :lol: :lol:
Now known as Chav Class at the rear of the plane! :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

g88ner wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:10 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:

Companies generally don’t pay for you to commute to your designated place of work (for footballers this will be the training ground) but, for work trips, companies generally pay for transport costs (petrol, taxi, train, flights) as well as accommodation and food, so it’s normal that footballers would not have to pay for that themselves when travelling to games.

For which they will claim a large chunk back via Taxes.

A Professional Footballers "Place of Work" is On The Pitch. Training etc is preparation for that work.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:55 pm
Are all football reporters complete fucktards?

It's rhetorical kids.... :lol:

Yes. Yes, they are.

Every manager's presser so far the idiot reporters trying to elicit comments from managers on the chav Gangsta situation. Fucking idiots. What manager with half a brain is going to make a comment that might come back to haunt them? Where's fucking Allardyce? :lol:

In The Pie Shop mate. :D

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

g88ner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

True - but these footballers are all millionaires
I am sure they can club together and get an Uber :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Telecommunications company Three has asked Chelsea to remove their branding from their shirts immediately, having now suspended their sponsorship deal with the club. There’s a kit man in Norwich now heading down to Sports Direct to buy 20 plain blue football tops.

Their travel department is currently flicking through the Yellow Pages to try to book a minibus and budget hotel for next season's away games at Rotherham, Wigan and Plymouth.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:33 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

Their travel department is currently flicking through the Yellow Pages to try to book a minibus and budget hotel for next season's away games at Rotherham, Wigan and Plymouth.
Travel department ? :lol:
They haven’t even got a club shop anymore. Even my little local non league club has one of those :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:39 pm
Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:33 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

Travel department ? :lol:
They haven’t even got a club shop anymore. Even my little local non league club has one of those :lol:
Give it 18 months and they can get tips for what to do with one when they visit your local non-league club for a league fixture.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:20 pm
g88ner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

For which they will claim a large chunk back via Taxes.

A Professional Footballers "Place of Work" is On The Pitch. Training etc is preparation for that work.
The players' place of work is the home stadium or the training ground. Most likely, the place of work is the company's registered address which is most likely Stamford Bridge. There is no such thing as 'pitch' - in that case someone's place of work is 'office desk' or 'the construction site off Caledonian Road'

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

No fans in the ground, no sponsor on the shirt, no money in the bank. Fuck off and die you zombie club cuuuunts.

Perryashburtongroves

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:19 pm
No fans in the ground, no sponsor on the shirt, no money in the bank. Fuck off and die you zombie club cuuuunts.
There's been talk for a few years about how the 80s are back in fashion. I can't think of any better example than this.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
:barscarf: Amen poppa roddaz. :barscarf:

Some fucking idiot bimbo Labour MP was on earlier, praising the chav fans for their support of Ukraine at games. Stupid cùnt must have missed them chanting the Gangsta's name during a minutes applause for Ukraine. :censored:

I don't think they will, but I'd love to see them cease to exist. :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:25 pm
rodders999 wrote:
There's been talk for a few years about how the 80s are back in fashion. I can't think of any better example than this.
:lol: :lol: