Shower of dirty bin dipping filth* who got us all banned 85-90 H Weds 16th Mar KO 815PM JFT39

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: Shower of dirty bin dipping filth* who got us all banned 85-90 H Weds 16th Mar KO 815PM JFT39

Post by Nos89 »

BFG4 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:11 pm
I Hope I'm proven wrong but I'd be shocked if we get top 4 by the end of the season. 5 points separates 4th to 8th and we have Chelsea away, West Ham away and Spurs away in the run in along with a home game against United, can see us shitting the bed and ending up 8th by the end of the season.
We didn't shit the bed against Liverpool or City, for a change, we didn't win either. Having watched the other teams play recently, we're a better team than any of those, except maybe chavs. But this team should no longer bottle the big games.

Nos89

Re: Shower of dirty bin dipping filth* who got us all banned 85-90 H Weds 16th Mar KO 815PM JFT39

Post by Nos89 »

The arrogance of the Liverpool pundits tonight shows just how off the understanding of the current situation. Souness' claim that a few city players will be wobbling after Liverpool catching them up is remarkably short sighted. They still have a one point lead, and they've won the league title 3 out of 4 seasons, they've seen off Liverpool before and they'll do it again. Merson is right, tonight's result will re-focus them. Well, at least I hope it does.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Just back from a gig so didn’t see any of the match - looks like I didn’t miss much :D

I found out the result from a gang of moronic taunting Spurs supporters at Victoria station who were just off the train from Brighton :roll:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:25 pm
Can someone tell me why 4th place is even remotely exciting?

Clue: none of the money it generates is yours and nor will any of it make any difference as it didn't at any point under Kroenke 2011 to 2017

Was thinking about this the other day.
If (and i still think it is highly likely) that we finish 4th what is Kroenke going to do?
He won’t look at it as a chance to kick on and invest so we can challenge for the title - no he will view it as a reason NOT to invest as we have reached a suitable level.

Reaching the top 4 is the height of the clubs ambition - it has been since Kroenke took over.
Tonight is as good as it will get .

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:14 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:07 pm
Fucking embarrassing when the commentators tell you Jota scores his customary goal against Arsenal,who in the past even got a customary goal against us,fuck me how far have we fallen
The whole reason why I say the season might as well have ended for me after that 2nd leg league cup semi. Six games against the other 5 teams, six losses. You can predict the outcome before a ball is kicked. Mane 8 in 5 games. Trent 5 assists against us. Jota's customary goal

Yawn. When does Wimbledon start ?

Roll on the Europa group stage
Champions League next season. Keep up 8)

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:53 pm
Villa must win now on Saturday.

What actually has Xhaka done this whole game? He's not made one telling contribution apart from a standard crossfield ball in the 1st half.
The comments on here are hilarious.
Why must Villa win on Saturday ? :D

Can I remind you that before tonight we had won 9 of our previous 11 PL games.
Since mid December we have now only lost to City and Liverpool who happen to be two of the best club sides in the world.
Get a grip.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Disappointed to lose but doesn’t really change anything. This team has been a breath of fresh air in recent months and has been incredibly consistent. Losing to Liverpool and Citeh was expected but at least we had a go.

Awful goal to concede though. No way should Jota be beating Ramsdale from there.

I’d have happily taken 6pts from this week so beating Villa away would make this a great week.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Arteta pretty much summed it up when he said that box to box we more than matched them but it was in both boxes that the game was won/lost.

Ramsdale has been outstanding this season and will be there or thereabouts when it comes to voting for our POTS but that was very poor last night, Almunia-esque dare I say.

Also Gabriel was very poor for the second (after Partey and Saka also both should have properly cleared the danger) completely losing sight of Firmihno and letting him run off him. I thought Gabriel was slow of mind a few times last night, seemed to dwell of the ball a few times while working out what to do with it, not his best game for the club by a long stretch.

At the other end Martinelli was absolutely superb but every time he skinned TAA he had fuck all options in the box to deliver the killer ball to. If we were to get a goal last night he was going to be man to do it though, head and shoulders our best player in the pitch. Laca was good at linking play and holding it up first half but was anonymous in the second and Saka had one of his worst games for the club, completely ineffectual.

Odegaard never really got going either but as much as it pains me to say it that victims team are fucking excellent, they grab you by the throat and slowly squeeze you to death. They gave us fuck all time on the ball swarming all.

With the fire power advantage they have over city they’re massive now favourites to win the league in my book :suicide:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clummo99 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:26 pm

Shock! Arsenal lose to a better team.

We're back to finishing 8th!

Oh dear.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(No I'm not wumming, I just find some of the overreaction and knee jerking amusing.) :D

"We" Are Not Amused. Oft with this ingrates fuckin Head.

Come On Chop! Chop!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:51 am
Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:53 pm
Villa must win now on Saturday.

What actually has Xhaka done this whole game? He's not made one telling contribution apart from a standard crossfield ball in the 1st half.
The comments on here are hilarious.
Why must Villa win on Saturday ? :D

Can I remind you that before tonight we had won 9 of our previous 11 PL games.
Since mid December we have now only lost to City and Liverpool who happen to be two of the best club sides in the world.
Get a grip.
:high5:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

cameron326 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:21 pm
When was the last time we beat one of Man Utd, City, Liverpool or Chelsea by 3 goals or more?
About the same time one of your banal self seeking posts was worth reading.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:16 am
cameron326 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:21 pm
When was the last time we beat one of Man Utd, City, Liverpool or Chelsea by 3 goals or more?
About the same time one of your banal self seeking posts was worth reading.
Ok fair enough. Wasn’t a whinge, just more a little frustration against our constant lack of goals against any of the top teams the past decade + . The half dozen posts I made through the game were pretty measured and trying to analyse our relative strengths and deficiencies - rather unlike your embarrassing teenage CAPS LOCK meltdowns which were the definition of self seeking.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Really good first half - if only we had a real CF. OK Laca does what he does but he should be on the end of what we create wide. Martinelli was terrific tonight. He's going to be some player.Not such a good performance from Saka either. Mind you Robertson is not a bad FB. Party was good again but was getting fucked late in the game. It will be tight against Villa. :barscarf: :barscarf:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Some ridiculous reaction on here.
We matched them in the first half, but ultimately succumbed to a vastly superior team.
They have 3 strikers who could walk into any team in the plge, citeh included.
Still think we are huge favourites for top 4 as long as we get back to winning ways asap.
And I predict the mousers will win lge by around 9 points, citeh are a busted flush!

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

I cant stand the commentary around the defeat. Some saying we bottled it because we didnt take advantage of dominating the first half. Comparing it to the City game - which was sabotaged by the ref & VAR. We didnt bottle it, we lost to a better, more cohesive and more experienced team.

Liverpool are ahead of us, their teams cycle is at the peak, all their key players are late twenties to early 30's. Where as our key players have just began their careers. Yes its frustrating to not be able to play the full 90 minutes and make the most of our dominance in the opening half, but we are still a progress.

We are not that far away. The younger lads are gaining more experience and belief. For instance I think Martinelli will be better next year with a full pre season behind him, as well as the fact I think he will make the Brazil World Cup squad. Time will make these players better. Fucking Martinelli, once he irons out the deficiencies, oh my god, he is going to be unreal . I said before I think he is a future ballon dor winner and I still believe it.

We also need to sign first team replacements for Lacazette and Xhaka and reinforce the squad with more depth. Arteta is hungry for it. He isnt passive like Wenger. He is a good tactician but like the team still trails Klopp and Gaurdiola in experience, but you can tell he is a good manager who is firmly in control. I cant stand this commentary that we need a 'proper manager' who has 'won somthin', like Allegri? LIke Conte? Like that knob head in Rome. Swap Arteta for Mouirnho? Fuck off!!!

Its so obvious we have a pathway to success. It really is a case of 'trust the process'