Villa hippos yawns A Sat 19th mar KO 1230

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Villa hippos yawns A Sat 19th mar KO 1230

Post by falkirk goon »

Thought i would fire this up as its game over tonight unfortunately.Itll be interesting to see how we bounce back from what will end up an energy sapping defeat.In the past weve never done 1 bad result in isolation..theyll be fresher and will definitely be up for this so ill go 1-1 or 2-1 Villa :cry:

SteveO 35

Re: Villa hippos yawns A Sat 19th mar KO 1230

Post by SteveO 35 »

Ave yow won the European Cup?

No fucktards. Never won the Championship either

Yo yo club pikey retard c.unts. Shithole slum cesspit

I don't know what the score will be

All I think is that we are going to bottle this top four which will piss most people off but as long as we get 5th, that will do nicely

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

As per every single match thread - if we are to win this then who the fuck is going to score for us? Laca? Martinelli? Saka?

For me the most important reason for finishing 4th is to ensure the scum don’t because with the debt of the new stadium they’ll be absolutely crippled if we can starve them or CL cash.

Like SteveO says this team/squad would be way better off and benefit more from a season in the EL. It would give valuable game time to players who’ve not got much of a look in this season - Lakonga, Travares etc. and hopefully help the at least 2 strikers we buy in the summer settle in ok and get amongst the goals early on.

As I’ve said countless times already though I think the lack of a clinical striker means we’ve fuck all hope of 4th but if we were to somehow scrape it then sign me up to a few dickings from Bayern/PSG if it means financial ruin for the scum.

We could always fall back into the EL after the group stage finishes after all :wink:

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

The team's mentality after the loss yesterday will play a part with such a (relatively) quick turnaround. I expect a lot of action but not many goals, unless we decide to turn into charity ourselves. Martinez turns up prime Manuel Neuer against us and United, it seems.

Gerrard always sets his teams well and they hardly lose by more than a goal difference. 0-1 or 1-2 to Arsenal. I fancy a bit of Martinelli and Saka to give us a good away trip

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:42 am
As per every single match thread - if we are to win this then who the fuck is going to score for us? Laca? Martinelli? Saka?

For me the most important reason for finishing 4th is to ensure the scum don’t because with the debt of the new stadium they’ll be absolutely crippled if we can starve them or CL cash.

Like SteveO says this team/squad would be way better off and benefit more from a season in the EL. It would give valuable game time to players who’ve not got much of a look in this season - Lakonga, Travares etc. and hopefully help the at least 2 strikers we buy in the summer settle in ok and get amongst the goals early on.

As I’ve said countless times already though I think the lack of a clinical striker means we’ve fuck all hope of 4th but if we were to somehow scrape it then sign me up to a few dickings from Bayern/PSG if it means financial ruin for the scum.

We could always fall back into the EL after the group stage finishes after all :wink:
The price for us to miss top4 has went from 7/4 into 11/8 best price at Hills after lastnights results..Im thinking aways at Villa Palarse Soton Chavski Bin lids and Newcastle :rubchin: im thinking 11/8 is fucking massive when you look at that bunch of aways.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Currently we don't have what it takes to beat City, Liverpool and probably Chelsea and for some reason we have a very bad record against Utd but on our day we can beat everyone else so I'm going for an Arsenal win. Don't know or care by how much just a win.

COYG!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

What concerns me is we are now in the guts of the season. We have a good position from which to "achieve" :roll: fourth place. This is usually the time it goes to shit for us. :|

I have an awful feeling this game will be the one where either Martinez-Lite goes full Fat Sam "I could manage Barca" Alerdyce and let's his ego go "tactical" and we get beaten by ourselves.... or this might be the one where Clive pays back his manager's stupidly misplaced faith in him by getting sent off whilst giving away a penno..... :roll:

Head says we should win 2-1 or 2-0 but the gut says we might shit the bed and get done 2-0. :(

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

I think Saka should be benched for ESR. Both for a rotational point of view & as a but of a punishment for Saka's lackluster performance against Liverpool. He can always come of the bench. Lacazette will need to be subbed earlier than usual. Guy works like an animal and will tire earlier backing up the midweek game.

This is why we are lucky we had no European football. Outside the first 11 only Pepe, ESR, Holding are trustworthy players you can fill in without a big drop off in quality, although Cedric has done pretty well backing up Tomiyasu.

Could be a cagey game. But I think Martinelli can fuck them sideways and ESR always has a goal in him. If we replicate the intensity and press against Villa we can overawe them. Our biggest danger is complacency. We drew at home to Burnley after losing to City and the energy levels between the games was gaping.

Arteta is also a better tactician than people give him credit for. I think he reads the game very well and is a better manager than Gerrard by a country mile.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:02 pm
I think Saka should be benched for ESR. Both for a rotational point of view & as a but of a punishment for Saka's lackluster performance against Liverpool. He can always come of the bench. Lacazette will need to be subbed earlier than usual. Guy works like an animal and will tire earlier backing up the midweek game. nd the energy levels between the games was gaping.
Wait, you want to punish Saka for his performance? Give it a rest ffs :lol: he’s 20 and has been superb this season. Variable performances are inevitable at that age. No need to punish him at all, just rest him if it’s necessary.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g88ner wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:13 am
wilson2.0 wrote:
I think Saka should be benched for ESR. Both for a rotational point of view & as a but of a punishment for Saka's lackluster performance against Liverpool. He can always come of the bench. Lacazette will need to be subbed earlier than usual. Guy works like an animal and will tire earlier backing up the midweek game. nd the energy levels between the games was gaping.
Wait, you want to punish Saka for his performance? Give it a rest ffs :lol: he’s 20 and has been superb this season. Variable performances are inevitable at that age. No need to punish him at all, just rest him if it’s necessary.
Bang on g88ner. 8)

"Punish" a young player for a dip in form. Exactly the opposite of what you do to a young player ffs. :lol: :roll: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:35 pm
g88ner wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:13 am
wilson2.0 wrote:
Bang on g88ner. 8)

"Punish" a young player for a dip in form. Exactly the opposite of what you do to a young player ffs. :lol: :roll: :lol:
In that case Clive should be Nailed to the Bench (of the reserves). :D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Leno starts ,Ramsdale out injured,Smith rowe in for Martinelli who is out with illness
Last edited by mcdowell42 on Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Line Up:

1 Leno
17 Cédric Soares
4 White
6 Gabriel
3 Tierney
8 Ødegaard
5 Partey
34 Xhaka
7 Saka
9 Lacazette
10 Smith Rowe

Substitutes

16 Holding
19 Pépé
20 Tavares
23 Sambi Lokonga
25 Elneny
30 Nketiah
33 Okonkwo
69 Swanson
82 Hutchinson

Referee:
Andy Madley

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Ramsdale injured. Butter Wrists in goal. Fuck. :x

What's the bets he spills it to Coutinho's feet for their winner? :roll:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

FFS Leno playing…. Back we go to hesitant distribution from the back again :roll: