Palarsewipes A Mon April 4th KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Palarsewipes A Mon April 4th KO 8pm

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:02 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:25 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:15 pm
Am I the only one that thinks Palace weren’t excellent?! Premier League matches are won on fine margins. If you go away to Palace and lose the first goal then you were always up against it. I would put their first down to rank bad defending but also a fluke when the ball loops up to give Mateta a sitter. We then had a cock up for their second. I didn’t see their third but Saka in the box was a stonewall pen. ESR had another good chance and then Eddie and Odegaard.

Our loss was down to changes to the 1st 11 in the shape of Tavares who is absolute toilet. Partey had a broken radar and Odegaard couldn’t trap a bag of cement. When you have key players continually giving the ball away then you have no hope.

But overall, had we not conceded the first poorly/unfortunately then we may have grown into it. Not really sure what I’m saying but the first goal away pretty much always kills you. Giving them the second killed the game.
I agree Palace were not excellent but I would say they didn't need to be. They just needed to be solid and aggressive and hungry and they were. We on the other hand looked like a gaggle of headless freshly raped chickens running around shitting ourselves.

We might bounce back and destroy Brighton, but we have last nights debacle in our armoury and we will most likely suffer another one or two defeats like that again this season to cost us 4th place.
When did we last destroy anyone?

At least in the fag end of wenger we still routinely thrahed some of the fodder, these last few years its a rarity.

FFS even the scum manage to rout a few teams even when initial struggling (eg vs Newcastle) its a fucking scandal they have turned around the GD advantage we had over them about a month back. Thats an extra point dropped effectively and we all know we will not give anyone a spanking. Put Kane and the dog muncher or just Kane in our team and we would be walking 4th at a canter (i mean even if they still had both, if we had players of equivalent quality).

I dont even know wtf point im making im just so pissed off that our chickens are coming home to roost despite trying not to care!
If you are going to chase me around a thread arguing with me at least make some fucking sense mate! Are you on your period ffs? :lol: :wink:

Note my use of the word "might"? I'm highlighting how inconsistent we are. We could do someone or equally get done is my point. We let in 5 againt citeh, 4 against victims*. We put 3 past saints, 5 past mackems in the cup, 5 past Norwich.... we may well put 5 past Brighton, equally we could lose 2-0.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:05 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:33 pm
April 2011 against Liverpool in about the 100th minute Eboue crashes into Lucas' back and gives away a penalty from which victimtown equalise. I lost it on the North Bank and later that night woke up in Norfolk and Norwich hospital after an operation for a heart attack .
I blame it on Eboue.
wasnt that toure om the CL quarter. i think i smashed a screen!
Nope. It was Comedy Eboue. :lol:

Got done up like a kipper by Lucas. :oops:

It was classic Comedy Eboue. :roll: :censored:

wibble

Post by wibble »

A11M11 wrote:
April 2011 against Liverpool in about the 100th minute Eboue crashes into Lucas' back and gives away a penalty from which victimtown equalise. I lost it on the North Bank and later that night woke up in Norfolk and Norwich hospital after an operation for a heart attack .
I blame it on Eboue.
Don’t blame it in smoking, don’t blame it on drinking, don’t blame it on old age, blame it on Eboue!

Did you consider speaking to a solicitor at the time? I reckon you had a good case

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Damn you wibble ,
I am going to spend all day singing that now. :D

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:08 pm
wilson2.0 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:59 am
Even if Tierney is out for the season. There is no scenario in which Tavares should come back into the team. If Tomiyasu remains sidelined. Then Cedric LB, Holding, Gabriel, White RB is the way to go.

That guy is one of those 'flair' fullbacks where defending is a secondary instinct. Build from he same cloth as Eboue and Santos.
:coffeespit:

You obviously never ever watched Comedy Eboue or Fat Santos ffs. They were both garbage at everything, defending, attacking, tackling, passing, crossing, shooting, basic running....

"Flair fullbacks" indeed! :oops: :lol: :lol:

That's why flair was in quotation marks.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:48 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:08 pm
wilson2.0 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:59 am
Even if Tierney is out for the season. There is no scenario in which Tavares should come back into the team. If Tomiyasu remains sidelined. Then Cedric LB, Holding, Gabriel, White RB is the way to go.

That guy is one of those 'flair' fullbacks where defending is a secondary instinct. Build from he same cloth as Eboue and Santos.
:coffeespit:

You obviously never ever watched Comedy Eboue or Fat Santos ffs. They were both garbage at everything, defending, attacking, tackling, passing, crossing, shooting, basic running....

"Flair fullbacks" indeed! :oops: :lol: :lol:

That's why flair was in quotation marks.
Okay, my bad. :oops: Agreed on that then! :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A11M11 wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:15 am
Damn you wibble ,
I am going to spend all day singing that now. :D
:lol: :lol:

Me too..... :banghead:

:wink:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

A11M11 wrote:
I blame it on Eboue.
So you didn’t blame it on the sunshine ?

You didn’t blame it in the moonlight ?

You didn’t blame it on the good times ?

You blamed it on Eboue ?

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:12 am
A11M11 wrote:
I blame it on Eboue.

kolos fat arse costing us the CL has scarred me more.

Justice for Eboue :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:15 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:12 am
A11M11 wrote:
I blame it on Eboue.

kolos fat arse costing us the CL has scarred me more.

Justice for Eboue :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
:lol: :lol:

I'm convinced Kolo had worms. Looked like the fucker could not stop eating! :lol: :wink:

the playing mantis

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:08 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks Palace weren’t excellent?! Premier League matches are won on fine margins. If you go away to Palace and lose the first goal then you were always up against it. I would put their first down to rank bad defending but also a fluke when the ball loops up to give Mateta a sitter. We then had a cock up for their second. I didn’t see their third but Saka in the box was a stonewall pen. ESR had another good chance and then Eddie and Odegaard.

Our loss was down to changes to the 1st 11 in the shape of Tavares who is absolute toilet. Partey had a broken radar and Odegaard couldn’t trap a bag of cement. When you have key players continually giving the ball away then you have no hope.

But overall, had we not conceded the first poorly/unfortunately then we may have grown into it. Not really sure what I’m saying but the first goal away pretty much always kills you. Giving them the second killed the game.
I agree Palace were not excellent but I would say they didn't need to be. They just needed to be solid and aggressive and hungry and they were. We on the other hand looked like a gaggle of headless freshly raped chickens running around shitting ourselves.

We might bounce back and destroy Brighton, but we have last nights debacle in our armoury and we will most likely suffer another one or two defeats like that again this season to cost us 4th place.

At least in the fag end of wenger we still routinely thrahed some of the fodder, these last few years its a rarity.

FFS even the scum manage to rout a few teams even when initial struggling (eg vs Newcastle) its a fucking scandal they have turned around the GD advantage we had over them about a month back. Thats an extra point dropped effectively and we all know we will not give anyone a spanking. Put Kane and the dog muncher or just Kane in our team and we would be walking 4th at a canter (i mean even if they still had both, if we had players of equivalent quality).

I dont even know wtf point im making im just so pissed off that our chickens are coming home to roost despite trying not to care!
If you are going to chase me around a thread arguing with me at least make some fucking sense mate! Are you on your period ffs? :lol: :wink:

Note my use of the word "might"? I'm highlighting how inconsistent we are. We could do someone or equally get done is my point. We let in 5 againt citeh, 4 against victims*. We put 3 past saints, 5 past mackems in the cup, 5 past Norwich.... we may well put 5 past Brighton, equally we could lose 2-0.
Dont pretend you don't enjoy it!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

i wasnt actually chasing you round on this one, rather lamenting the fact we never spank anyone (3 isnt a spanking in my book and against a league 1 side also doesnt count) norwich fair enough but there facking shite!

Days gone by when we were winning that 4th place trophy my memory recalls we fairly regularly hit 4 or 5 against the bottom half teams at home. Maybe i'm misrememebering but we rarely seem to run riot like our peers seem to.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:26 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

i wasnt actually chasing you round on this one, rather lamenting the fact we never spank anyone (3 isnt a spanking in my book and against a league 1 side also doesnt count) norwich fair enough but there facking shite!

Days gone by when we were winning that 4th place trophy my memory recalls we fairly regularly hit 4 or 5 against the bottom half teams at home. Maybe i'm misrememebering but we rarely seem to run riot like our peers seem to.
I do enjoy it! :lol: :wink:

But tbh I think you are probably right there. We did use to hand out some proper hidings every now and again in those days, and I think that was part of what frustrated me so much with a couple of those latter Wenger teams - there was potential but he never made the key pragmatic signings we needed to take it to the next step.

I find with this current team I cannot relax even at two nil. We are so capable of pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. :|

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

To the rest of us it sure did look like you were either stalking him or trying to engage in some kind of chat in order to groom him.

:lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:

the playing mantis

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:29 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

To the rest of us it sure did look like you were either stalking him or trying to engage in some kind of chat in order to groom him.

:lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:
FFS dont let the cat out the bag...!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:lol:

Toooooo Late!