Palarsewipes A Mon April 4th KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Palarsewipes A Mon April 4th KO 8pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:40 am
Redarmy wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:26 am
All set up now for May 12th ...total self harm day......fucking Sky *word censored* will love it...

Was going to ask about Odergaard but reading through the posts seem to have found found the answers

loosing both full backs did not help...

Viera a future Arsenal manager....as soon as possible please
Play last night and May 12th will be irrelevant- top 4 could be done and dusted by then
Agreed. If its true that Partey and Tavares are both out for the season, then the folly of this tiny squad is about to come home to roost. Something tells me that's the last we've seen of Tomiaysu this season too - how many weeks has he "nearly" been ready now? If Cedric, Tavares and Lokonga are the players to be on every team sheet between now and then, it will be a proper old school Wenger collapse when we're suddenly looking at Wolves and West Ham as our rivals

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

This is where Arsenal are at the moment. When we play well, (always against teams that let us play) the youngsters carry us and we look quite good.
There is no middle ground, when we are bad we are fucking disgraceful, awful and embarrassing. This is partly what you get with a young team, lack of experience, patchy form, heads dropping. The issue remains squad quality and until we bring in 5 or 6 more players, three of whom need to be a little older and more experienced as well as being very good players, we'll have more games like last night I think.

The reality is, win all our home games and we'll probably need to get 4 points from Southampton, Wet Spam and Newcastle away to get 4th as 70 points should be enough. I'm really not sure we can do that though with the players we have!! :roll: I think 5th/6th place is more our level this season.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:59 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:40 am
Redarmy wrote:
All set up now for May 12th ...total self harm day......fucking Sky *word censored* will love it...

Was going to ask about Odergaard but reading through the posts seem to have found found the answers

Play last night and May 12th will be irrelevant- top 4 could be done and dusted by then
Agreed. If its true that Partey and Tavares are both out for the season, then the folly of this tiny squad is about to come home to roost. Something tells me that's the last we've seen of Tomiaysu this season too - how many weeks has he "nearly" been ready now? If Cedric, Tavares and Lokonga are the players to be on every team sheet between now and then, it will be a proper old school Wenger collapse when we're suddenly looking at Wolves and West Ham as our rivals
Tierney also out...

Looking at their first goal....yes Tavares was weak ...but the palace fucker was all over him...seen them given as a foul
overall though we were dire...and deserved nothing
yes think we will loose it before May 12th ...that will just be the total humilation day....
thankfully will be on holiday

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Palace were every bit as excellent as we were shit last night but before everyone knocks one out to Paddy V as our next managerial messiah, that was their first home win of 2022 (of course it would be us :roll: ) so don't be fooled into thinking they're producing that level of performance week in week out - because they're fucking not.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:17 am
Palace were every bit as excellent as we were shit last night but before everyone knocks one out to Paddy V as our next managerial messiah, that was their first home win of 2022 (of course it would be us :roll: ) so don't be fooled into thinking they're producing that level of performance week in week out - because they're fucking not.
I think its the transformation of style that impresses me mate. Having lots of Palace supporting mates their apathy towards the team under Hodgson was much like most of ours under Wenger. To a man they called the dullest, most negative football they've seen. Within half a season he'd transformed the way they played to the extent they all enjoy watching it and have a clear identity

I'm still wondering what our identity is at times more than 2 years later from Arteta's appointment

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Redarmy wrote:

Every Gooner wrote off Paddy as a PL manager. I would have him manage us in a heartbeat if Arteta was ever sacked.

He instilled something in Palace that Arsenal has been missing for years.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Maybe it's just me but I don't think any of our CB's are really that good and certainly not good enough for a top 3 team, okay for 5th/6th....maybe 4th at a stretch?

White is very good on the ball but not a good tackler and quite poor in the air
Gabriel is good in the air, sometimes ok in the tackle but makes a lot of poor/rash decisions
Holding is a decent tackler, not great in the air but a piss poor passer

**According to reports, Saliba is pretty good at everything!

Our full backs are not really up to top 3 level either really, when you look at Cancelo at City, he pops up with the odd goal and assists
Trent Arnold and Robertson are just amazing, they have over 20 assists between them this season as well as a couple of goals
Reece James at Chelsea has been great, 5 goals and 6 assists this season, even Trevor Chalobah has 3 goals and an assist in 17 games for them in defence.

We have:
Cedric - 0 goals, 0 assists
Tommy - 0 goals and 1 assist
Tierney - 1 goal and 3 assists
Tavares - 79 minutes :lol:

If we want to move up a level, it will take more than what we have. Hopefully these younger players of ours can improve quickly? :rubchin:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:59 am
Redarmy wrote:

Every Gooner wrote off Paddy as a PL manager. I would have him manage us in a heartbeat if Arteta was ever sacked.

Maybe its just me, but look at Viera as a real "Arsenal man" like GG or Tony Adams....cannot say the same of arteta...

nut flush gooner

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:19 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:59 am
Redarmy wrote:

Maybe its just me, but look at Viera as a real "Arsenal man" like GG or Tony Adams....cannot say the same of arteta...
As we all know Vieira was an aggressive player, but look at him as a manager. He's totally chilled, the complete opposite to Arteta. You can see the players respect him.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

TeeCee wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:12 am
Maybe it's just me but I don't think any of our CB's are really that good and certainly not good enough for a top 3 team, okay for 5th/6th....maybe 4th at a stretch?

White is very good on the ball but not a good tackler and quite poor in the air
Gabriel is good in the air, sometimes ok in the tackle but makes a lot of poor/rash decisions
Holding is a decent tackler, not great in the air but a piss poor passer

**According to reports, Saliba is pretty good at everything!

Our full backs are not really up to top 3 level either really, when you look at Cancelo at City, he pops up with the odd goal and assists
Trent Arnold and Robertson are just amazing, they have over 20 assists between them this season as well as a couple of goals
Reece James at Chelsea has been great, 5 goals and 6 assists this season, even Trevor Chalobah has 3 goals and an assist in 17 games for them in defence.

We have:
Cedric - 0 goals, 0 assists
Tommy - 0 goals and 1 assist
Tierney - 1 goal and 3 assists
Tavares - 79 minutes :lol:

If we want to move up a level, it will take more than what we have. Hopefully these younger players of ours can improve quickly? :rubchin:

You only get an assist if the pass/cross is converted. Lacazette is literally a non goal scoring striker. The prick at the front who the chances fall to. Of course the assist tally is shit. We have a fucking donkey playing upfront. Better than Nketiah? Is he fucking really?

And people think that Xhaka's place in the team is the biggest problem the team faces

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Even if Tierney is out for the season. There is no scenario in which Tavares should come back into the team. If Tomiyasu remains sidelined. Then Cedric LB, Holding, Gabriel, White RB is the way to go.

That guy is one of those 'flair' fullbacks where defending is a secondary instinct. Build from he same cloth as Eboue and Santos. Positional awareness is non existent. His movement for Palace second goal was bewildering, that alone proves he is a defensive novice. I think one of the reasons Gabriel had a shocker was because he was worried about Tavares. And thats why Tavares shouldnt feature again this season, because no one will trust him and they will play worse for it.

For how long now have we been keeping clean sheets and keeping teams to one goal or less? Quite a few times. As soon as this donkey comes into the team we are 2-0 down in 25 minutes and he features heavily in the build up to both goals. He was subbed after half an hour at Forrst wasnt he? Now subbed at half time. So if Arteta picks him again, he will be wasting a sub and giving away a goal.

What a calamity that game was. All players were well below par, but there is redemption for all, expect Tavares and Lacazette. Tavares will be easy to bin. But how much longer can Arteta accept a non-scoring striker?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

We can play 3-4-3 if we haven't got our full backs. I actually think we do look better balanced in that formation.
I'm not panicking at all. Palace have players who can do this. There were so many factors going into this game. A few players being away for so long with their international teams for the first time, does put their rhythm out. Seen it so many times takes a couple of international breaks for players to get their heads round it, especially those traveling long distance. It makes them stronger and better players. It is a one of the few growing problems with young players.
I know I get berated for supporting Nketiah but it may be a good opportunity to start him Vs Brighton. It frustrates the hell out of me seeing Lacazette reduce himself by going to ground in good goal scoring opportunities.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:59 am
Even if Tierney is out for the season. There is no scenario in which Tavares should come back into the team. If Tomiyasu remains sidelined. Then Cedric LB, Holding, Gabriel, White RB is the way to go.

That guy is one of those 'flair' fullbacks where defending is a secondary instinct. Build from he same cloth as Eboue and Santos.
:coffeespit:

You obviously never ever watched Comedy Eboue or Fat Santos ffs. They were both garbage at everything, defending, attacking, tackling, passing, crossing, shooting, basic running....

"Flair fullbacks" indeed! :oops: :lol: :lol:

nut flush gooner

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:39 am
We can play 3-4-3 if we haven't got our full backs. I actually think we do look better balanced in that formation.
I'm not panicking at all. Palace have players who can do this. There were so many factors going into this game. A few players being away for so long with their international teams for the first time, does put their rhythm out. Seen it so many times takes a couple of international breaks for players to get their heads round it, especially those traveling long distance. It makes them stronger and better players. It is a one of the few growing problems with young players.
I know I get berated for supporting Nketiah but it may be a good opportunity to start him Vs Brighton. It frustrates the hell out of me seeing Lacazette reduce himself by going to ground in good goal scoring opportunities.
I'd be playing 3 at the back with Holding, White and Gabriel. LWB Saka RWB Cedri/Tomi if fit.

Haven't got a fucking clue about the rest of the side.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Am I the only one that thinks Palace weren’t excellent?! Premier League matches are won on fine margins. If you go away to Palace and lose the first goal then you were always up against it. I would put their first down to rank bad defending but also a fluke when the ball loops up to give Mateta a sitter. We then had a cock up for their second. I didn’t see their third but Saka in the box was a stonewall pen. ESR had another good chance and then Eddie and Odegaard.

Our loss was down to changes to the 1st 11 in the shape of Tavares who is absolute toilet. Partey had a broken radar and Odegaard couldn’t trap a bag of cement. When you have key players continually giving the ball away then you have no hope.

But overall, had we not conceded the first poorly/unfortunately then we may have grown into it. Not really sure what I’m saying but the first goal away pretty much always kills you. Giving them the second killed the game.