Palarsewipes A Mon April 4th KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Palarsewipes A Mon April 4th KO 8pm

Post by DB10GOONER »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:48 am
TeeCee wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:12 am
Maybe it's just me but I don't think any of our CB's are really that good and certainly not good enough for a top 3 team, okay for 5th/6th....maybe 4th at a stretch?

White is very good on the ball but not a good tackler and quite poor in the air
Gabriel is good in the air, sometimes ok in the tackle but makes a lot of poor/rash decisions
Holding is a decent tackler, not great in the air but a piss poor passer

**According to reports, Saliba is pretty good at everything!

Our full backs are not really up to top 3 level either really, when you look at Cancelo at City, he pops up with the odd goal and assists
Trent Arnold and Robertson are just amazing, they have over 20 assists between them this season as well as a couple of goals
Reece James at Chelsea has been great, 5 goals and 6 assists this season, even Trevor Chalobah has 3 goals and an assist in 17 games for them in defence.

We have:
Cedric - 0 goals, 0 assists
Tommy - 0 goals and 1 assist
Tierney - 1 goal and 3 assists
Tavares - 79 minutes :lol:

If we want to move up a level, it will take more than what we have. Hopefully these younger players of ours can improve quickly? :rubchin:

You only get an assist if the pass/cross is converted. Lacazette is literally a non goal scoring striker. The prick at the front who the chances fall to. Of course the assist tally is shit. We have a fucking donkey playing upfront. Better than Nketiah? Is he fucking really?

And people think that Xhaka's place in the team is the biggest problem the team faces
Hang on there, Pep. :lol: :wink: You were telling us all a couple months ago that we didn't need to prioritise a striker as the modern game meant goals basically came from midfield because meh citeh meh..... :lol:

Then you were hailing all the goals our young midfield forwards were scoring.

Now we don't score enough for you and you've moved the proverbial goal posts to the striker problem we all highlighted months ago that you downplayed?

Are you a WUM? :rubchin: :lol:

Our problem is midfield as much as it is our strikers. We concede too many stupid preventable goals either directly due to Clive's stupidity or the fact our defence gets no cover from our midfield. This is a massive problem. Clive is a massive problem. Partey is a problem too often too.

We need a top striker (Martinelli can be no more than back up at this point in his career) and we need as a priority to drop Clive. But we do not have a big enough squad with any depth of quality to build on. We have a couple of very talented inexperienced kids and a group of journeymen players around them and a few real turds.

The thin nature of this squad is down to the man you hail as a good manager: Martinez-Lite.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:15 pm
Am I the only one that thinks Palace weren’t excellent?! Premier League matches are won on fine margins. If you go away to Palace and lose the first goal then you were always up against it. I would put their first down to rank bad defending but also a fluke when the ball loops up to give Mateta a sitter. We then had a cock up for their second. I didn’t see their third but Saka in the box was a stonewall pen. ESR had another good chance and then Eddie and Odegaard.

Our loss was down to changes to the 1st 11 in the shape of Tavares who is absolute toilet. Partey had a broken radar and Odegaard couldn’t trap a bag of cement. When you have key players continually giving the ball away then you have no hope.

But overall, had we not conceded the first poorly/unfortunately then we may have grown into it. Not really sure what I’m saying but the first goal away pretty much always kills you. Giving them the second killed the game.
I agree Palace were not excellent but I would say they didn't need to be. They just needed to be solid and aggressive and hungry and they were. We on the other hand looked like a gaggle of headless freshly raped chickens running around shitting ourselves.

We might bounce back and destroy Brighton, but we have last nights debacle in our armoury and we will most likely suffer another one or two defeats like that again this season to cost us 4th place.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Other teams would have noted our shit full backs and will target that area....

Fancy playing CB and having those 2 clowns behind you.....spreading panic across the defence

Scum will have a field day

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Our only hope for 4th is a Spurs and United meltdown. We have 3/4 losses left in us.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:51 pm
Our only hope for 4th is a Spurs and United meltdown. We have 3/4 losses left in us.
Yep. And in fairness both of them are capable of a proper melt down too.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

We were denied another penalty when saka got shoved off the ball, yet moments later Tierney gave palace a free kick for exactly the same challenge, however, this time commited by Gabriel in the centre circle. If it's a foul there, it's a foul in the box.
Yet, not even VAR'd or discussed in post match.
At half time my daughter told me we made it easy for them. She's still learning about the game but her description was more accurate than the Scouse pundits.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

:|
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:51 pm
Disagree, we'll react like we did after Everton and after Forest. This team has it in them to put that behind them. it's the goal difference. 7 goal swing is huge at this stage of the season. Need Liverpool to have belter against Spuds, if they've still in with a shout of the league title.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

g88ner wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:19 am

Stick with the team though. They’re having a wonderful season all things considered and deserve our support.
Wonderful all things considered, care to quantify that?

No European football to distract them. Out of cups early. Biggest spend in Europe. Basket cases at Spurs and United yet we are barely ahead of them having had much easier fixtures.

There are some outstanding individuals potentially but are they being harnessed as they should, are they developing?

Should we stay 4th by end of season it will have been a decent season. Anything else is failure and to say how wonderful they have been so far is sheer delusion!

the playing mantis

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:08 pm
wilson2.0 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:59 am
Even if Tierney is out for the season. There is no scenario in which Tavares should come back into the team. If Tomiyasu remains sidelined. Then Cedric LB, Holding, Gabriel, White RB is the way to go.

That guy is one of those 'flair' fullbacks where defending is a secondary instinct. Build from he same cloth as Eboue and Santos.
:coffeespit:

You obviously never ever watched Comedy Eboue or Fat Santos ffs. They were both garbage at everything, defending, attacking, tackling, passing, crossing, shooting, basic running....

"Flair fullbacks" indeed! :oops: :lol: :lol:

Turn it up DB, i think that harsh on Eboue...when he first came on the scene he looked quite good, yes it went to shit, but i think the memory is tarnished by playing up to the comedy cult and that rank performance(s) when played completely out of position.

I thought we had the next Toure when he first played a few times, minus the massive arse.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

April 2011 against Liverpool in about the 100th minute Eboue crashes into Lucas' back and gives away a penalty from which victimtown equalise. I lost it on the North Bank and later that night woke up in Norfolk and Norwich hospital after an operation for a heart attack .
I blame it on Eboue.

the playing mantis

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:25 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks Palace weren’t excellent?! Premier League matches are won on fine margins. If you go away to Palace and lose the first goal then you were always up against it. I would put their first down to rank bad defending but also a fluke when the ball loops up to give Mateta a sitter. We then had a cock up for their second. I didn’t see their third but Saka in the box was a stonewall pen. ESR had another good chance and then Eddie and Odegaard.

Our loss was down to changes to the 1st 11 in the shape of Tavares who is absolute toilet. Partey had a broken radar and Odegaard couldn’t trap a bag of cement. When you have key players continually giving the ball away then you have no hope.

But overall, had we not conceded the first poorly/unfortunately then we may have grown into it. Not really sure what I’m saying but the first goal away pretty much always kills you. Giving them the second killed the game.
I agree Palace were not excellent but I would say they didn't need to be. They just needed to be solid and aggressive and hungry and they were. We on the other hand looked like a gaggle of headless freshly raped chickens running around shitting ourselves.

We might bounce back and destroy Brighton, but we have last nights debacle in our armoury and we will most likely suffer another one or two defeats like that again this season to cost us 4th place.
When did we last destroy anyone?

At least in the fag end of wenger we still routinely thrahed some of the fodder, these last few years its a rarity.

FFS even the scum manage to rout a few teams even when initial struggling (eg vs Newcastle) its a fucking scandal they have turned around the GD advantage we had over them about a month back. Thats an extra point dropped effectively and we all know we will not give anyone a spanking. Put Kane and the dog muncher or just Kane in our team and we would be walking 4th at a canter (i mean even if they still had both, if we had players of equivalent quality).

I dont even know wtf point im making im just so pissed off that our chickens are coming home to roost despite trying not to care!

the playing mantis

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:33 pm
April 2011 against Liverpool in about the 100th minute Eboue crashes into Lucas' back and gives away a penalty from which victimtown equalise. I lost it on the North Bank and later that night woke up in Norfolk and Norwich hospital after an operation for a heart attack .
I blame it on Eboue.
wasnt that toure om the CL quarter. i think i smashed a screen!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

the playing mantis wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:02 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

At least in the fag end of wenger we still routinely thrahed some of the fodder, these last few years its a rarity.

FFS even the scum manage to rout a few teams even when initial struggling (eg vs Newcastle) its a fucking scandal they have turned around the GD advantage we had over them about a month back. Thats an extra point dropped effectively and we all know we will not give anyone a spanking. Put Kane and the dog muncher or just Kane in our team and we would be walking 4th at a canter (i mean even if they still had both, if we had players of equivalent quality).

I dont even know wtf point im making im just so pissed off that our chickens are coming home to roost despite trying not to care!
It's a valid point. We mock them and they have Kane, Son, Moura and the Dutch lad as attacking options

We have bloke that is nigh on 20 hours without a goal and a paperweight backup

That's why they will definitely finish above us

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:29 pm
Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:02 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

It's a valid point. We mock them and they have Kane, Son, Moura and the Dutch lad as attacking options

We have bloke that is nigh on 20 hours without a goal and a paperweight backup

That's why they will definitely finish above us
Not signing anyone may well prove decisive...scum turning around the goal difference and the fact we are likely to panic and fold when we go to their shit hole...
still to play Utd, Chavs and away at west ham....hope im wrong but cant see this team making 4th
be gutted if that vermin finish above us

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:23 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:08 pm
wilson2.0 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:59 am
Even if Tierney is out for the season. There is no scenario in which Tavares should come back into the team. If Tomiyasu remains sidelined. Then Cedric LB, Holding, Gabriel, White RB is the way to go.

That guy is one of those 'flair' fullbacks where defending is a secondary instinct. Build from he same cloth as Eboue and Santos.
:coffeespit:

You obviously never ever watched Comedy Eboue or Fat Santos ffs. They were both garbage at everything, defending, attacking, tackling, passing, crossing, shooting, basic running....

"Flair fullbacks" indeed! :oops: :lol: :lol:

Turn it up DB, i think that harsh on Eboue...when he first came on the scene he looked quite good, yes it went to shit, but i think the memory is tarnished by playing up to the comedy cult and that rank performance(s) when played completely out of position.

I thought we had the next Toure when he first played a few times, minus the massive arse.
Get the absolute fuck outa here ffs mate! :lol: The guy was a walking dose of shite from day one. He had a couple of decent performances mixed in with the garbage ones but it was obvious he was shit. Forget this "played out of position" excuse, being played out of position might limit what you do, but it does not suddenly make you forget how to do the basics like pass the ball and not piss away possession.