Palarsewipes A Mon April 4th KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Palarsewipes A Mon April 4th KO 8pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:21 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:15 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:12 am
Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:05 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:33 pm
April 2011 against Liverpool in about the 100th minute Eboue crashes into Lucas' back and gives away a penalty from which victimtown equalise. I lost it on the North Bank and later that night woke up in Norfolk and Norwich hospital after an operation for a heart attack .
I blame it on Eboue.
wasnt that toure om the CL quarter. i think i smashed a screen!
Nope. It was Comedy Eboue. :lol:

Got done up like a kipper by Lucas. :oops:

It was classic Comedy Eboue. :roll: :censored:
kolos fat arse costing us the CL has scarred me more.

Justice for Eboue :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
:lol: :lol:

I'm convinced Kolo had worms. Looked like the fucker could not stop eating! :lol: :wink:

Apparently he ate the worms as well! :D

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:18 pm
g88ner wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:19 am

Stick with the team though. They’re having a wonderful season all things considered and deserve our support.
Wonderful all things considered, care to quantify that?

No European football to distract them. Out of cups early. Biggest spend in Europe. Basket cases at Spurs and United yet we are barely ahead of them having had much easier fixtures.

There are some outstanding individuals potentially but are they being harnessed as they should, are they developing?

Should we stay 4th by end of season it will have been a decent season. Anything else is failure and to say how wonderful they have been so far is sheer delusion!
Not sure you needed to call me delusional ffs :lol: Genuinely don’t think I am at all but fair enough.

“Wonderful, all things considered” = very young team reliant on a small squad and the goals/assists of young lads with no striker in the squad whatsoever and a team that was pretty much assembled this season.

Honestly, I think the players are doing really well (especially with so much churn and change in strategy and personnel from the board, Edu and Arteta). We basically have to grind out wins every week because Laca isn’t a goal threat. That’s asking a lot of Saka, ESR, etc.

Also, apart from the odd abomination (like against Palace) I think we generally defend well as a group and I really enjoy that side of our game.

And don’t forget the context of my “wonderful all things considered “ comment. The Palace thread has some rather nasty, negative comments about this team which I thought were very unfair considering what they’ve achieved in recent months. It was an awful performance but I’m not sure this team is a bunch of bottle jobs at all.

Anyway, I’m braced for them lot down the road pipping us to 4th. Losing Tomi and now Partey/Tierney is a huge blow and even more reliance on youngsters is now needed with Tevares and Lokonga playing more. Looks difficult but let’s see where we finish.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:59 am
Redarmy wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:26 am
All set up now for May 12th ...total self harm day......fucking Sky *word censored* will love it...

Was going to ask about Odergaard but reading through the posts seem to have found found the answers

loosing both full backs did not help...

Viera a future Arsenal manager....as soon as possible please
Every Gooner wrote off Paddy as a PL manager. I would have him manage us in a heartbeat if Arteta was ever sacked.

He instilled something in Palace that Arsenal has been missing for years.
A manager has to have an aura of respect around him.....Viera is very composed......an Arsenal great....unlike arteta