SLAVERY WORLD CUP 2022

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: SLAVERY WORLD CUP 2022

Post by DB10GOONER »

Martinez was and is better than Leno. No doubt about that. But Ramsdale is the best of the three for me.

And Ramsdale is ALWAYS up to a bit of shithousery in fairness. :lol: :wink:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

If you wanted a choice between Martinez and Ramsdale in a penalty shootout I personally would pick Martinez every time. Shenanigans aside, Martinez is like Seaman very imposing and has a good record.

Overall, Ramsdale is much younger and probably has a long way to go before he hits his peak, needs to cut out some silly mistakes, but he is quality and dug Arteta/Edu out of a hole when they sold Martinez, because Leno was never good enough.

nut flush gooner

If you wanted a choice between Martinez and Ramsdale in a penalty shootout I personally would pick Martinez every time. Shenanigans aside, Martinez is like Seaman very imposing and has a good record.

Overall, Ramsdale is much younger and probably has a long way to go before he hits his peak, needs to cut out some silly mistakes, but he is quality and dug Arteta/Edu out of a hole when they sold Martinez, because Leno was never good enough.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Only thing worse than the Emi fanboys are the Guendouzi ones. Thank fuck the French didn’t win or they’d be on here telling us the way he carried the water bottles around for the last month was the reason they did.

Martinez has been bitching about Arsenal since the day he left, fucking odious c.unt.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Martinez behaviour after the game was that of your average club player who knows he'll achieve little else so needs to soak in his 15 minutes of fame. Hope he still feels like Billy big bollox in a few days when he's flying into Birmingham to play for Aston fucking Villa, cùnt.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:51 am
Only thing worse than the Emi fanboys are the Guendouzi ones. Thank fuck the French didn’t win or they’d be on here telling us the way he carried the water bottles around for the last month was the reason they did.

Martinez has been bitching about Arsenal since the day he left, fucking odious c.unt.
This 1,000%, still that won't stop his fanboy luvvies who want to suck his dick from bigging him up. :lol:

nut flush gooner

rodders999 wrote:

Who said anything about fanboys? He was the best goalkeeper at the club or does confirmation bias prevent you from acknowledging that?

I am long over Martinez leaving since Ramsdale joined but the irony of a forum that gives Arteta so much shit cant even call him and Edu out for making a big error is not lost on me,

And yes Martinez did behave like a twat but a lot of people of other clubs think the same of Ramsdale for the shithousery he gets up to regularly, funnily enough thats lauded in here. :duh: :duh:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:55 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Who said anything about fanboys? He was the best goalkeeper at the club or does confirmation bias prevent you from acknowledging that?

I am long over Martinez leaving since Ramsdale joined but the irony of a forum that gives Arteta so much shit cant even call him and Edu out for making a big error is not lost on me,

And yes Martinez did behave like a twat but a lot of people of other clubs think the same of Ramsdale for the shithousery he gets up to regularly, funnily enough thats lauded in here. :duh: :duh:
A few of us slated the pair of them for putting Butter Wrists Leno back in as number one and letting Martinez leave. Whatever else Martinez is, he is a better keeper than Butter Wrists. But then so is my famous dead Granny. :wink:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I don't agree that Ramsdale does the shithousery that Martinez does. Ramsdale likes banter and does things with a smile on his face, Martinez is a sour faced c.unt who's always moaning about something and is just plain wanky big difference imo.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:28 pm
I don't agree that Ramsdale does the shithousery that Martinez does. Ramsdale likes banter and does things with a smile on his face, Martinez is a sour faced c.unt who's always moaning about something and is just plain wanky big difference imo.
Bang on the money there mate! :high5:

As Rodders said the cun.ts done nothing but bitch about Arsenal since he left and yet it was Arsenal who paid him £35k a week as the reserve or lesser goalie from 2012 to 2020 (and 50% of his wages when he went out on loan in 2012 to Oxford where he made 1 appearance and then for the 2013 - 2014 Season at Sheffield Wednesday where he made 11 appearances.....

Admittedly he was excellent when Leno got injured, BUT he is a Whiney Bitch.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Horrible *word censored* what a pleb with his trophy antics I fact his completely unsportsman like behaviour during the pens should have been stopped, shouldn't be allowed to mess around with the ball when the taker has it.

Good point above too can easily see him at scum. They will need a keeper soon, seemingly have no quality in reserve and he won't be at villa for too long, plus sort of thing he would do to try to spite us.

He's a decent keeper, great at pens cos he cheats, but not world class.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Cracking final. Not sure why all the headlines say "best final ever" or "best football match ever"? It was pretty average till the 80th minute.
Also, why the hate for Emi Martinez? So what about his antics, 2 years ago he was a perennial reserve goalkeeper for the club, was given a chance and grabbed it with both hands. I say congratulations Emi Martinez, he's won FA Cup, Community Shield, Copa America and World Cup in those two years. Fantastic achievement.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:29 am
Cracking final. Not sure why all the headlines say "best final ever" or "best football match ever"? It was pretty average till the 80th minute.
Also, why the hate for Emi Martinez? So what about his antics, 2 years ago he was a perennial reserve goalkeeper for the club, was given a chance and grabbed it with both hands. I say congratulations Emi Martinez, he's won FA Cup, Community Shield, Copa America and World Cup in those two years. Fantastic achievement.
Did you not hear anything he said about the club when he left? He has been an asshole ever since leaving. Also where he has come from in his career shouldn't impact on being classy and this guy has zero class.When the league is back in a few days he will be back to mediocrity where he belongs.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

What a plank he looked like grinding on the trophy. :oops: :roll:

Also, I think a few of you are mixing up his abilities with his personality. Being a prize prick doesn't make him a shit keeper. He was, and still is, a better keeper than Butter Wrists. But not as good as Ramsdale in my book.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Now making a wanker of himself going on about Mbappe all the time and carrying around the doll with his face on it.

The same Mbappe that put 4 past him in the final. Fucking moron.