Brighton bulbeyes H Sat 9th April KO 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
g88ner

Re: Brighton bulbeyes H Sat 9th April KO 3pm

Post by g88ner »

Ridiculous performance. No intensity whatsoever until the last few minutes.

So annoyed. Atrocious again.

Arteta’s tactical mess of moving Xhaka to left back and changing the positions of all 3 midfielders is so unnecessarily disruptive. Just because you lose Partey, that doesn’t warrant moving Odegaard and Xhaka out of position as well. It killed us.

No surprise we looked so disjointed really. As irritating as Xhaka is, he has to play centre midfield with Partey out.

Anyway, our goose looks cooked. A small squad with no striker can’t cope with losing Tomi, Partey and Tierney. Especially when Laca is so out of form it’s now become embarrassing :oops: We look a shadow of the team we were only a few weeks ago. Gutted.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Nketiah at least offers a presence upfront, a target for a cross. Another full 90 minutes by Lacazette and wasnt even close to scoring. 2 goals from open play in 24 league games. Arteta is taking the piss playing him every week. I cannot defend Arteta despite praising him recently. Taking Martinelli off was disgusting.

People need to stop worrying about Xhaka and start worrying about Lacazette. Xhaka is actually someone who should be in the first team. He shouldnt have been at left back today leaving Sambi all alone with a wondering Odegaard/ESR - I couldnt tell you who was playing next to him as you couldnt see them in the shape. We had no shape. Another tactical error by Arteta. The reshuffle should have been Cedric to LB, Holding and Gabriel centre and White RB.

Arteta brain is fried. He is making error after error. Even despite the injuries he has completely botched the team selection and substitutions.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Since I've been sunning myself in Turkey I've read two sports autobiographies- as it happens both by English cricketers, Steve Harmison and Rob Key

The most memorable parts of the books for me are about leadership- in Harmison's case David Boon at Durham and for Key the likes of Nasser Hussain. Both men describe the enormous influence of senior figures when they were talented young kids. They actually credit future successes to those leadership figures. I remember the highest level of football I played, I played with ex-Gooner David Price when he was 40 odd and on his way out. I got kicked shitless by some fat old *word censored* centre half aged 17 and the way Pricey stood up for me I will never forget. He and 2 other ex pros in the team looked after me. I was never going to be their level and this isn't some "I could have made it" bullshit post

My point is this - whether you played football or not, love cricket or hate it....one thing every youngster needs during tough times and defeats is leadership and mentorship

Please tell me who is performing that role in the dressing room tonight???

Chelsea won't collapse no matter what goes on off the field. Why? Because there's an Azpilicueta.

Who do we have?

This c.unt and Emery and Wenger for that matter have left us a rudder less team that doesn't value leaders. Ask how many of these *word censored* will have statues?

Fuck the lot of you. Novice *word censored* manager. Novice *word censored* son of the owner. Novice players

By all means kid yourselves about a bright future but without a Nasser/Azpilicueta/Boon/Vieira/Adams/Pricey you'll always fail and be left scratching your heads as to why

Embarrassingly obvious

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

g88ner wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:09 pm
Ridiculous performance. No intensity whatsoever until the last few minutes.

So annoyed. Atrocious again.

Arteta’s tactical mess of moving Xhaka to left back and changing the positions of all 3 midfielders is so unnecessarily disruptive. Just because you lose Partey, that doesn’t warrant moving Odegaard and Xhaka out of position as well. It killed us.

No surprise we looked so disjointed really. As irritating as Xhaka is, he has to play centre midfield with Partey out.

Anyway, our goose looks cooked. A small squad with no striker can’t cope with losing Tomi, Partey and Tierney. Especially when Laca is so out of form it’s now become embarrassing :oops: We look a shadow of the team we were only a few weeks ago. Gutted.
Spot on.

Taking into account injuries. Team should be. Ramsdale, Cedric LB, Gabriel, Holding, White RB, Xhaka-ASL CM, Martinelli, Saka, Odegaard, Nketiah.

Im really done with Lacazette. Not since Wenger has my frustration boiled to the extreme with regards to an individual at the club. I know many have the knifes out for Xhaka. But your fucking kidding yourself if you think Xhaka is a bigger problem than the french cart horse.

Hopefully Villa can undo this cluster fuck by getting a win.

shu

Post by shu »

I thought Holding to RB was the obvious option .

Laca well is embarrassing, 17 games isn’t it ???

Ffs

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Lacazette performance are worthy of comparison to Yaya Sanogo. I would say Chamahk, but Chamahk was a crossing target, Bendtner too.

He was never prolific, but I dont know whats happened to him this season where his form has just died a quick death.

I shake with contempt whenever I see a close up shot of him.

Wenger got himself int he shit persisting with players he liked. Arteta needs to avoid doing the same. Whats the point of shipping out PEA for disciplinarian reasons only to mindlessly stick with Lacazette. Nketiah is a better like for like.

But not even once has Martinelli been trialed down the middle. Thats the most frustrating thing

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

A tactical suicide shit show. Lokonga on his own in midfield vs Bissouma? Really?!! This was totally on Arteta. Fucking clown.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Laca’s off on a free in a few weeks and he’s making damn sure he’s not going to get injured and jeopardise a massive pay day by not trying a leg every game.

He was horrific at Villa, Palace and again today, didn’t try a leg. Absolutely shameful that he lasted 90 mins today - disgraceful decision.

SteveO I was thinking the exact same as you several times during the game today. The young lads have absolutely dragged us to this point of the season but now that the finish line is in sight and the pressure is on they’ve collapsed and there isn’t a single seasoned pro to stand tall and steady the ship to show them the way home.

They’re rudderless and the course it set for a shit show of a run in now.

ESR, Saka, Martinelli and Odegaard’s form has tanked all at the same time and at the back a team that looked pretty solid forms the majority of the season now look like they’ll ship bucket loads of goals every game.

What a shambles.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:55 pm
Laca’s off on a free in a few weeks and he’s making damn sure he’s not going to get injured and jeopardise a massive pay day by not trying a leg every game.

He was horrific at Villa, Palace and again today, didn’t try a leg. Absolutely shameful that he lasted 90 mins today - disgraceful decision.

SteveO I was thinking the exact same as you several times during the game today. The young lads have absolutely dragged us to this point of the season but now that the finish line is in sight and the pressure is on they’ve collapsed and there isn’t a single seasoned pro to stand tall and steady the ship to show them the way home.

ESR, Saka, Martinelli and Odegaard’s form has tanked all at the same time and at the back a team that looked pretty solid forms the majority of the season now look like they’ll ship bucket loads of goals every game.

What a shambles.
The "senior pros" in this side are Laca and Xhaka. That's literally it. A shameful legacy that Carpet Head has left us with

Ruining an entire generation of talent

I thought Wenger had done a lifetimes damage but this prick will extend it by years

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I’ll tell you what else. As bad as we are we are getting shafted all game by rank fraudulent reffing. Ignore the goal. They kicked lumps out of us all game yet we ended it with more yellows. There were throw ons and fouls consistently blown the other way. Elbow to Martinelli’s face. That will be a Brighton thrown in and Dunk forcing him on to his feet as if he’s dived. Fucking shameful.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

I dont understand alot of the headline already...."seagulls swoop to stun gunners"

Is anyone here stunned.....most likely not.

After shitting the bed against palace the sheet were washed and only back on when legohead had another uncontrollable brainfart and decided clive at LB was the way to go.

As its pretty much always been, if logohead thinks clive is a top player and first name on the teamsheet then from the off you know he hasnt a clue and anything that happens afterwards comes as no surprise.

Congrats to all up showed up today to stick another few quid into the yanks pocket, your getting serious value for money!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:

What a shambles.
The other thing I'd add having read those books (which confirmed my own views in life) is that younger players suck up all this "all for the team" shit and trendy modern coaching methods. By the time you're 27 and seen them all come and go, you realise the best coaches are the ones that can handle the big talents and let them be

So obvious to me from minute one of thus ludicrous experiment with a novice that it will never, ever work. There's not a single leader in there and to make matters worse, all the kids will now be being coached to death by the trendies

7th this season. 8th next. When the top kids leave, the new Everton

Please please please fuck off now

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I've only started to calm down enough to post now.

What a fucking abomination. :oops: :censored:

Our absolute priority has to be to get fucking Martinez-Lite, Clive, and Laca the fuck out of the club. We need to bring in an experienced manager that actually you know understands the fucking basics of the game. And he needs to bring in a striker, a midfielder or two, a left back, a centre half and a right back to build up the squad that this fucking idiot and Edutard shredded for some fucking reason. :roll:

He shredded the squad and overplayed the kids to the extent they are now blown out and off form.

Well Martinez-Lite groupies, here's where we are, that's what your novice manager has delivered when the stakes were high - three losses put of four, and we are not even into the tougher games of this run of games that should have delivered fourth and maybe even third. It's hilarious to see you act shocked and horrified. What did you think a novice would deliver?

:censored:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:16 pm
rodders999 wrote:

What a shambles.
The other thing I'd add having read those books (which confirmed my own views in life) is that younger players suck up all this "all for the team" shit and trendy modern coaching methods. By the time you're 27 and seen them all come and go, you realise the best coaches are the ones that can handle the big talents and let them be

So obvious to me from minute one of thus ludicrous experiment with a novice that it will never, ever work. There's not a single leader in there and to make matters worse, all the kids will now be being coached to death by the trendies

7th this season. 8th next. When the top kids leave, the new Everton

Please please please fuck off now
In a perverse way us winning the Cup under Arteta was the worse thing that could have happened because he’s safe for years to come now,untouchable,

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

10 Arsenal players had a shot on goal today and Laca wasn’t one of them, he was our striker and played the whole 90 minutes, at home, to fucking Brighton……holy shit :oops:

If we’re to avoid a complete collapse and miss out on the Europa Legaue he has to be dropped for the rest of the season, if he keeps getting 90 minutes we will be playing conference league football…..at best and most probably miss out on that too :banghead: