Brighton bulbeyes H Sat 9th April KO 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Brighton bulbeyes H Sat 9th April KO 3pm

Post by falkirk goon »

Next up after mondsy nights ringholing at Palarse its Brighton at ours..Ive no confidence in us whatsoever after that showing on monday :( Ill go for a 1-1 draw or 2-1 to them.

SteveO 35

Re: Brighton bulbeyes H Sat 9th April KO 3pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

We are back playing like we have for two thirds of carpet head's time in charge....but I will be laying on a sun lounger in Turkey and certainly won't be ruining my holiday to watch the return of the 1930s wonders

Enjoy the 0-0 everyone

I'm guessing the post match comments will start with "we lacked urgency", and also contain "not the standards required by this football club"

Who knows, maybe another 100 games and 160m spent will do it....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Home game against Brighton you've gotta be thinking nailed on win. But how many if us are thinking that after the debacle at Palace?

We could beat them 4 nil if Martinelli, Smith-Rowe, Saka and Ohdeargod are all fit and playing like they did before the interlull.

Equally if Partey has another mare and Gabriel is all over the place again we could lose 2 nil.

Add in the Clive starting issue and anything could happen: he gives away a stupid penno and gets sent off - or hopefully he's just anonymous and stays out of the way, hiding like the coward he is, just like he did at Palace.

We need the win here but I'm not confident tbh. :|

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

They are on a terrible run can't score and confidence shot to bits.

If we can't get a response and a positive result at home to Brighton that's any chance of top 4 done for me expect United to beat Lampards Limpdicks and Spuds to win at Villa.

Think 2-0 us but without any real conviction that we will win not confident but should have enough to see these off start slow and it will be a similar game to Burnley at home very tough frustrating watch.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Abou Partey is crocked again so at least we won’t have a situation where he packs up playing mid game again and walks off the field allowing the opposition to score.

Fuck him prick :twisted:

As per every match thread where are the goals coming from? Laca? Don’t make me fucking laugh so it’s gonna have to be one of the kids that bails us out AGAIN if we’re to win.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:36 pm
Abou Partey is crocked again so at least we won’t have a situation where he packs up playing mid game again and walks off the field allowing the opposition to score.

Fuck him prick :twisted:

As per every match thread where are the goals coming from? Laca? Don’t make me fucking laugh so it’s gonna have to be one of the kids that bails us out AGAIN if we’re to win.
Now now old boy. I left that spare room in spanking condition last night despite pitching a tent in my underpants after the Villareal and Burnley results.....

You mention Partey in the same breath as the great twinkle toed Abou again and I will let the cannon loose next time !

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

With all due respect stevo you are an avid poster after a loss but anonymous when we have been on winning streaks, you just seem to come on here and gloat and talk about emery and how he was the second coming.

No disrespect meant by that, its the way I see it.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:52 pm
With all due respect stevo you are an avid poster after a loss but anonymous when we have been on winning streaks, you just seem to come on here and gloat and talk about emery and how he was the second coming.

:popcorn:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Get a room you pair of poofs! :lol:

I'm kidding I'm kidding calm down ffs any woke cùnts lurking on here!!!! :shock:

We love and respect everybody on here even the French. :lol:
:wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

:popcorn:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I think we'll eitherWin it by a comfortable margin - like uhhhmmm :rubchin: 3 - Nil

or struggle all game and manage to sneak a 1 goal margin win.

Depends what Arteta does and how he sets us up... Our squad is thread bare when it comes to quality and with both Partey and Tierney out...

I'm thinking if Tomi isn't ready yet, then play Saka at Left back; with Cedric/White & Gabriel, put Martinelli in front of Saka on the left flank to help him out - pointless asking Clive as he is fucking useless and has no spacial awareness nor pace.

Then a Mid-field of Clive and Lakonga.... Pepe on the right flank with ESR just slightly behind Laca in the centre ?

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:10 pm

I'm kidding I'm kidding calm down ffs any woke cùnts lurking on here!!!! :shock:

We would be wearing all white kits if we were French wouldn't we :? :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

In fairness I probably do post more when we lose. See it as a form of therapy to have a rant to be honest with some like minded souls, and of course a few who disagree. As I've said before, wouldn't life be dull if we all shared the same opinions

Hardly think I'm alone in that. I notice the Palace game has 25 pages of comments and most of our routine wins of late have half that number.

Personally I couldn't give a fuck who posts what and when. It's an open forum and as long as someone is able to make well reasoned points, I don't have any issue with it

There certainly isn't any gloating going on. Every defeat is a painful one, although I'd be the first to admit, they don't hurt in the way they once did 15+ years ago and that isn't down to Arteta. It's down to a board that doesn't give a fuck about Arsenal and Wenger draining my soul for his past decade.

As for Emery. Never wanted him as manager, wouldn't want him back as manager but I liked the guy and he wasn't anywhere near as bad as was made out. Something he proved before and after being with us. Most folk on here said it would take well over 2 years to sort us out after Wenger, and are saying the same still - I just felt less than 18 months wasn't enough for him or anyone for that matter. But that's the precedent the club has set now - have 40m to spend plus Pepe paid for over 5 years and expected to shit miracles within a year and a half. That's the new bar - so if one person couldn't live up to it, why should we tolerate someone else who can't

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:42 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

No too late I'm triggered, if someone doesn't make a stand especially for all French poofs then this is the sort of systemic ingrained fear mongering that prevents French poofs from living a life where they are free to jab at each other with their giant man baguettes free from judgement...........oh dear.......cold shower incoming

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xgtdec wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:55 am
Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:42 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

No too late I'm triggered, if someone doesn't make a stand especially for all French poofs then this is the sort of systemic ingrained fear mongering that prevents French poofs from living a life where they are free to jab at each other with their giant man baguettes free from judgement...........oh dear.......cold shower incoming
:lol:

OK can all the French poofs take on board I am making a stand for you right here! We love you all.

:barscarf: :barscarf:

But um obviously not you know like that.... :wink: