Brighton bulbeyes H Sat 9th April KO 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: Brighton bulbeyes H Sat 9th April KO 3pm

Post by Midz »

Yet again I'm very, very disappointed.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:39 am
In fairness I probably do post more when we lose. See it as a form of therapy to have a rant to be honest with some like minded souls, and of course a few who disagree. As I've said before, wouldn't life be dull if we all shared the same opinions

Hardly think I'm alone in that. I notice the Palace game has 25 pages of comments and most of our routine wins of late have half that number.

Guilty too, its a form of catharsis ranting and venting at like minded souls, after a win all is rosey and see no need to post to blow smoke up the teams arse online! I still read the match thread after a win but dont need to let the anger/frustration/sadness out...apart from today i just can't be arsed. Annoyed about Essex vs Kent cricket, forgot this game was even on till i checked the scores at 6pm...saw we lost chuckled sadly and saw scum were 1 up then i clicked to see who scored in both games scum went to 2 with the ginger freak from the burbs scoring. put the phone away and forgot about till now. will read this thread now but wont watch motd or read the football sections n tomorrows papers. As many feared we are crumbling when it matters, part of me naively still thinks if we can beat the scum we can stop them getting 4th and the cream fest that follows and contes genius halied and the summer talk of them being contenders and all the gushing vomit enducing coverage they get and the massive boost CL will give them financially (sponsors etc -bet they get naming rights sold finally if they get CL football), whilst we hand a new contract to a bloke we all know is not good enough. i try not to be but am so irritated by this situation.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

I'd drop Lacazette for the next game and give Nketiah a go or have Martinelli up front.
Nobody has got a look in the last few months except for injuries.
I'm no Pepe fan but he won the game against Wolves... we thought then that we were a shoe-in for 4th.

It is still in our hands but Spurs looking very impressive. Most importantly, they have firepower.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:42 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:40 pm
wilson2.0 wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:36 pm
Oh my god he had just subbed Martinelli.

Lacazette still on the pitch.

I am fucking stunned.

What the fuck is Arteta doing
:lol: :lol:
I can’t take it seriously anymore
Surely the fans who actually go to games these days are going to wake up soon and realise they are being conned by the club.
Most of the younger ones are all pissed up or on loads of cocaine so as long as they get to do that every couple of weeks, all's fine.
Yep same with a lot of the away support, everyone says how magnificent they are but they are high and pissed and don't actually care about the result/performance.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Thynker wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:44 pm
I'd drop Lacazette for the next game and give Nketiah a go or have Martinelli up front.
Nobody has got a look in the last few months except for injuries.
I'm no Pepe fan but he won the game against Wolves... we thought then that we were a shoe-in for 4th.

It is still in our hands but Spurs looking very impressive. Most importantly, they have firepower.
Totally agree - also our 'superstar kids' don't like it when the going gets rough !. Same against Palace. I think this could be the second loss in a greater slide to about 8th. :barscarf: :barscarf:

KingHenry

Post by KingHenry »

In 70 mins today Son scored more goals in open play than Lacazette has all season

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Lacazette - 4 shots on goal since the start of the year!!!! :shock: 1000 minutes of football…….and Arteta still picks him and left him on all game yesterday when a 5 year old would have played better.
Arsenal can’t improve unless Arteta changes his mindset.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:16 am
Lacazette - 4 shots on goal since the start of the year!!!! :shock: 1000 minutes of football…….and Arteta still picks him and left him on all game yesterday when a 5 year old would have played better.
I wouldn't say it has anything to do with his mindset but it's more a case of a novice manager making the mistakes you expect a novice manager to make. The blame for every mistake Arteta makes lies squarely at the door of the powers that be who decided a club of our size should be used as an apprenticeship scheme. What's even more bizarre is that after two 8th place finishes and more than likely finishing somewhere between 6th-8th this season he'll still be allowed continue his apprenticeship, that's the mentality of a small club.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:39 am
TeeCee wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:16 am
I wouldn't say it has anything to do with his mindset but it's more a case of a novice manager making the mistakes you expect a novice manager to make. The blame for every mistake Arteta makes lies squarely at the door of the powers that be who decided a club of our size should be used as an apprenticeship scheme. What's even more bizarre is that after two 8th place finishes and more than likely finishing somewhere between 6th-8th this season he'll still be allowed continue his apprenticeship, that's the mentality of a small club.
All true but in the mean time we are stuck with him....he will still be here next season

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Unsurprisingly both goals came from Clive's area of the pitch. :roll:

Their first goal said everything about Clive and Martinez-Lite - and us as a team.

Clive (our left back, let's not forget) who has the pacey and high-playing Martinelli ahead of him somehow has wandered up to the half way line leaving acres of open space behind him. They just pop the ball in behind him. Lakonga sees fuckhead has been caught a mile out of position and in fairness busts a gut to get back and try cover that gaping left back space Clivetard has left. Clive meanwhile trots back slowly (much like Denilson once infamously did as Rooney and then the referee ran past him).

Unfortunately Lakonga runs too deep into our box and we are left with a gaping space 12 yards out for a simple cutback and finish. This is amateur shit. :oops: :roll:

Their second goal came after Clive moved back into midfield but still drifting in and out from left back to midfield randomly, because Martinez-Lite seems incapable of setting up an effective back three.

That second goal was not all Clive's fault in fairness - as most of our players were terrible defending it - but it's interesting and telling to note he is still the little man with the big gestures.... as the shot comes in he is too busy standing legs wide open with his arms behind his back to move aggressively to block the shot. Instead of closing the distance to the oppo player, he plants himself completely immobile.

What is it with this fucktard and the big gestures?

Things like the continuous pointing. :roll:

Things like planting himself immobile with his arms behind his back in the box which completely limits a player's balance and movement and ability to adjust and react. This stems from the horseshit last season around handballs and pennos. Most players have abandoned this stupid stance since then, but this monkey brained bastard of course hasn't. :roll:

Then there is the fucking embarrassing false concern for, and cuddling of, injured oppo players. :roll: :oops:

Everything about this clown is the mark of a bullshitter, a bluffer, on the pitch. And yet there are people saying "he has to play" and Martinez-Lite, the novice, picks him to start every fucking game. :censored: :x

No club can have success with a moron like this in the team. He has to go. As a priority.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Well what a fucking catastrophic week that was and as terrible as the results were (and they were absolutely horrific) they weren’t actually the worst thing about the two games for me.

What was actually worse was the complete non performance by any player in both games. It’s like they’ve seen the finish line on the horizon and with the pressure of 4th spot on the line have all become absolutely paralysed with the fear of having to produce performances and results in order to go and achieve it.

I’ve actually seen that happen in teams I’ve been involved with (at a much much lower level obviously!) when they’re in contention towards the end of the season and even though they’d easily beat an opposition team they were playing in a one off game with nothing riding on it end up losing by becoming so weighed down by the pressure of the season that they’re complete unable to perform - especially the younger players.

As was said yesterday what’s needed in those circumstances is a few seasoned guys with the battle scars to prove it to take ownership of the situation and drag the rest over the finish line.

Unfortunately there’s no such players in this squad and pressure of the situation and lack of experience from the manager has our confidence at rock bottom with the whole team playing with the weight of the world on their shoulders.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:44 am
Well what a fucking catastrophic week that was and as terrible as the results were (and they were absolutely horrific) they weren’t actually the worst thing about the two games for me.

What was actually worse was the complete non performance by any player in both games. It’s like they’ve seen the finish line on the horizon and with the pressure of 4th spot on the line have all become absolutely paralysed with the fear of having to produce performances and results in order to go and achieve it.

I’ve actually seen that happen in teams I’ve been involved with (at a much much lower level obviously!) when they’re in contention towards the end of the season and even though they’d easily beat an opposition team they were playing in a one off game with nothing riding on it end up losing by becoming so weighed down by the pressure of the season that they’re complete unable to perform - especially the younger players.

As was said yesterday what’s needed in those circumstances is a few seasoned guys with the battle scars to prove it to take ownership of the situation and drag the rest over the finish line.

Unfortunately there’s no such players in this squad and pressure of the situation and lack of experience from the manager has our confidence at rock bottom with the whole team playing with the weight of the world on their shoulders.
Spot on rodders.

And yet two of our most useless ineffective players this season are part of Martinez-Lite's "leadership group" horseshit: Laca and Clive. :oops: :roll:

This novice manager hasn't a clue how to lead or how to identify leaders.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Yeah DB on paper you’re looking at Laca and Sir Point-A-Lot as the wily old pros to guide the youngsters home but when unfortunately on grass they’re both fucking shite :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:44 am

Can you imagine if we could replace Clive with someone like either Ray Parlour or Petite and Laca with a Rocky or Wrighty?

We would have breezed both the Palace and Brighton games, because their Experience and as you say 'Battle Scars' would have grabbed both the youngsters and the game by the scruff of the neck and hauled it over the victory line....

We have some truly wonderfully gifted youngsters: ESR, Martinelli, Ramsey and Saka - along with the players who definitely (given the right coaching and being played with some 'Warriors' in the team could and for me would come Good very quickly.... Whereas at the moment the youngsters are having to rely on their wits and willpower - something they are only beginning to develop and become familiar with.

Arteta (& Edu etc) have fucked this up by Not having 1 or 2 Journeymen in the squad to be the cornerstone/s of the team when the going gets tough and the pressure is really on.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:38 am
Unsurprisingly both goals came from Clive's area of the pitch. :roll:

Their first goal said everything about Clive and Martinez-Lite - and us as a team.

Clive (our left back, let's not forget) who has the pacey and high-playing Martinelli ahead of him somehow has wandered up to the half way line leaving acres of open space behind him. They just pop the ball in behind him. Lakonga sees fuckhead has been caught a mile out of position and in fairness busts a gut to get back and try cover that gaping left back space Clivetard has left. Clive meanwhile trots back slowly (much like Denilson once infamously did as Rooney and then the referee ran past him).

Unfortunately Lakonga runs too deep into our box and we are left with a gaping space 12 yards out for a simple cutback and finish. This is amateur shit. :oops: :roll:

Their second goal came after Clive moved back into midfield but still drifting in and out from left back to midfield randomly, because Martinez-Lite seems incapable of setting up an effective back three.

That second goal was not all Clive's fault in fairness - as most of our players were terrible defending it - but it's interesting and telling to note he is still the little man with the big gestures.... as the shot comes in he is too busy standing legs wide open with his arms behind his back to move aggressively to block the shot. Instead of closing the distance to the oppo player, he plants himself completely immobile.

What is it with this fucktard and the big gestures?

Things like the continuous pointing. :roll:

Things like planting himself immobile with his arms behind his back in the box which completely limits a player's balance and movement and ability to adjust and react. This stems from the horseshit last season around handballs and pennos. Most players have abandoned this stupid stance since then, but this monkey brained bastard of course hasn't. :roll:

Then there is the fucking embarrassing false concern for, and cuddling of, injured oppo players. :roll: :oops:

Everything about this clown is the mark of a bullshitter, a bluffer, on the pitch. And yet there are people saying "he has to play" and Martinez-Lite, the novice, picks him to start every fucking game. :censored: :x

No club can have success with a moron like this in the team. He has to go. As a priority.
!00% agree

Never hated any Arsenal player as much as this fucker in the last 40 years...