Southampton LLLLDL versus Carpet heid and his beige bottle jobs Sat 16th April KO 3PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BFG4

Re: Southampton LLLLDL versus Carpet heid and his beige bottle jobs Sat 16th April KO 3PM

Post by BFG4 »

augie wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:51 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:29 am
So desperate is Carpet Head now that apparently this 19 year old Biereth lad is training with the first team. From what I hear from a couple of people who watched him at the Wigan game in the Papa John's he's more raw than Balogun and barely got a kick

Arsenal FC after 2 and a bit years of Carpet Head - two strikers running their contracts down and who have scored a couple of league goals between them, and a 19 year old kid

Great options

It was fcuking madness thinking that we could play the last few months of the season with only a mini bus load of players (only when all are fit) without affecting us - lacking at our bench these days it's more of a "who ?" rather than a "who's who" of footballers :roll: :oops: :oops:
It's saying alot that Lacazette and Nketiah make Chamakh and Bendtner look like competent strikers. I have a feeling that when Arteta flew to the states in January he was pleading to wiggy for transfer funds and was told to fuck off. If that's the case then he is being a yes man and any manager with a spine would resign. The club were happy signing a novice knowing he would go along with whatever bollox thrown his way.

mcdowell42

Re: Southampton LLLLDL versus Carpet heid and his beige bottle jobs Sat 16th April KO 3PM

Post by mcdowell42 »

Mikel Arteta on Partey: “The news we got after having another assessment, they are not great. It’s not looking positive, his availability this season. We’ll have to wait & see, he’s trying to get back as quickly as possible but at the moment, we are not very optimistic about it.” https://t.co/KKMHfJZVUd

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Who's in charge of our medical team? Ray Charles aided by the Chuckle brothers FFS? I pulled a hamstring the other day just watching our game with Brighton!! :banghead: 8)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Absolute fucking sick note since the day he joined, bin him off back to Spain in the summer and send Tierney with him.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:35 pm
Who's in charge of our medical team? Ray Charles aided by the Chuckle brothers FFS? I pulled a hamstring the other day just watching our game with Brighton!! :banghead: 8)
:lol: :lol:

In true modern Arsenal fashion I scored an own goal and picked up a red card. :wink:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

In true modern Arsenal fashion I scored an own goal and picked up a red card
I trust you were pointing at the time? 👉 :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:58 pm
:lol:

Slowly trotting around pointing like a lunatic. :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:18 pm
Absolute fucking sick note since the day he joined, bin him off back to Spain in the summer and send Tierney with him.
No wonder A. Madrid sold him without any argument... KEEEEER CHINNNNNGGGG! :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:51 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:58 pm
:lol:

Slowly trotting around pointing like a lunatic. :barscarf:
Aaaah! Yes, but can you fall over at will and then tell your own supporters to Fuck-Off and throw you shirt on the floor???

Now THAT's require's a certain type of player (I use the term 'player' figuratively speaking of course!)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Says it all really

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:33 pm
Says it all really

How the fuck do you not score against Norwich ffs? :shock: They train behind closed doors now because the tea ladies were wandering onto the training pitch and scoring goals. :roll:

shu

Post by shu »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:18 pm
Yes totally agree , no use with their injury records

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:33 pm
Says it all really

:shock: Fuck me thats bad :cry: thats earcupper levels of shiteness :oops:

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

BFG4 wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:22 pm
augie wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:51 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:29 am
So desperate is Carpet Head now that apparently this 19 year old Biereth lad is training with the first team. From what I hear from a couple of people who watched him at the Wigan game in the Papa John's he's more raw than Balogun and barely got a kick

Arsenal FC after 2 and a bit years of Carpet Head - two strikers running their contracts down and who have scored a couple of league goals between them, and a 19 year old kid

Great options

It was fcuking madness thinking that we could play the last few months of the season with only a mini bus load of players (only when all are fit) without affecting us - lacking at our bench these days it's more of a "who ?" rather than a "who's who" of footballers :roll: :oops: :oops:
It's saying alot that Lacazette and Nketiah make Chamakh and Bendtner look like competent strikers. I have a feeling that when Arteta flew to the states in January he was pleading to wiggy for transfer funds and was told to fuck off. If that's the case then he is being a yes man and any manager with a spine would resign. The club were happy signing a novice knowing he would go along with whatever bollox thrown his way.

We bid for Vlahovic. We wanted a striker and put up the money. The error was chasing someone who clearly wanted to move to Juventus.

There was no elite striker to be signed in January. Mind you in hindsight, a 10m stop gap would have improved the team. Bit this before Lacazette proved himself totally incapable of scoring.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Nketiah should start of Lacazette by default. But given we are now playing catch up and have some tough fixtures, we need to unlock something new or otherwise I think we will lag behind Spurs. That means playing Martinelli down the middle and having a Saka, ESR, Martinelli front three. Dont play Xhaka at left back, play him next to ASL. As far as LB goes, either cross the fingers and play Tavares, or give Lino Sousa his debut. Or play Cedric LB, Holding Gabriel in the middle and White RB. Honestly, I would give Sousa his debut.