Mancwankstains H Sat 23rd April KO 1230

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Mancwankstains H Sat 23rd April KO 1230

Post by falkirk goon »

Next up after tonights great win its this shower of filthy arseholes :| We need to turn up and win that goes without saying but whether we do or not is another story.

OneBardGooner

Re: Mancwankstains H Sat 23rd April KO 1230

Post by OneBardGooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:31 pm
Next up after tonights great win its this shower of filthy arseholes :| We need to turn up and win that goes without saying but whether we do or not is another story.
Aye, as Ole will Might say: " And There's The Rub"

If ladyboy is playing they could turn us over as he lifts the team..If he is still absent we stand a better chance of winning.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I understand why many would be optimistic given our result and the Mancs recent form, but I went up to OT earlier this season with similar hope and we curled up into a ball and let them tickle our tummies again

Chelsea gifted us 2 goals last night, plus in my view a very tame penalty. Eddie hasn't suddenly become a great striker and I will be hoping Maguire and chums are as generous as Christensen and the other dopes last night

Hard to call for me. Probably a draw which will be disappointing given their demise

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

You'd like to think last nights great result would lift us and with the manc filth having taken a recent prison style raping from the the victims* you'd also like to think we should beat them. But still I cannot get too hopeful. There is something missing in so many areas of our team and I still do not rate Martinez-Lite as an even half decent manager, but just a novice.

I'm hoping we do them two or three nil. But I have this awful feeling we'll go up there again and just bend over with our freshly lubed arses wide open and take a right good hammering. :(

Heart says we win, they are complete shit and Fathead Maguire makes Stepanovs look like TA6 at his best.

Heads says two pretty ropey defences, we draw.

Gut says they beat us comfortably, unfortunately. We still have Clive as a starter and that cùnt is so capable of fucking us through a moment of madness, or just plain rank ineptitude. Also we are poor in both wingback positions. I also can't see Eddie getting gifted goals like he was last night.

Come on Arsenal prove me wrong here! :|

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

we CAN beat this lot but I am not convinced that we will.

I keep thinking that Tavares, Clive and Holding V one of the greatest goalscorers of all time might not go that well. :rubchin:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:30 am
You'd like to think last nights great result would lift us and with the manc filth having taken a recent prison style raping from the the victims* you'd also like to think we should beat them. But still I cannot get too hopeful. There is something missing in so many areas of our team and I still do not rate Martinez-Lite as an even half decent manager, but just a novice.

I'm hoping we do them two or three nil. But I have this awful feeling we'll go up there again and just bend over with our freshly lubed arses wide open and take a right good hammering. :(

Heart says we win, they are complete shit and Fathead Maguire makes Stepanovs look like TA6 at his best.

Gut says they beat us comfortably, unfortunately. We still have Clive as a starter and that cùnt is so capable of fucking us through a moment of madness, or just plain rank ineptitude. Also we are poor in both wingback positions. I also can't see Eddie getting gifted goals like he was last night.

Don't mean to be picky but we don't go up there again till next season :lol:

Carry-on

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:43 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:30 am

Don't mean to be picky but we don't go up there again till next season :lol:

Carry-on
How do you know I don't refer to the Conglomerates as "going up there"? :roll: :box:

:wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

OK :lol:, on a side note they have just appointed Erik ten Hag as their new manager,taking over at the end of the season

shu

Post by shu »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:37 am
we CAN beat this lot but I am not convinced that we will.

I keep thinking that Tavares, Clive and Holding V one of the greatest goalscorers of all time might not go that well. :rubchin:
Its that dodgy full back situation that is a big issue Rob , Sancho etc could have a field day , i would have Cedric in instead of Tavares but i cant see Arteta who i still don't rate , he is novice , full of self importance and possbily has the luck of wenger in his latter years.

Elneny i hope stays in.

If it was our full team i would be more confident.

As for Ronaldo . i would be surpised if he played tbh.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Last chance for Manchester United to make 4th. Lose or draw and they are looking at 6th and possibly heading for the Conference. I can see Arsenal scoring a couple and if Elneny just does his job at the back, they should be able to stop United. Tavares is the biggest concern along with Xhakash!t as both are capable of helping the opposition score.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

We are exactly where we were under Wenger. A manager who is not good enough but desperately gets a win when another loss would leave him dangling over the precipice. And a fan base desperately cheering a team on to the "4th place trophy" in order to compete in a competition we are not good enough to play in. A competition that will bring not glory, but financial reward to owners, who's only interest is just that.

There is this insane belief that if we qualify for CL football we will attract, and purchase, the players needed to be a successful club again. We won't!! And even if we do, we do not have the manager to manage those players.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:28 pm
We are exactly where we were under Wenger. A manager who is not good enough but desperately gets a win when another loss would leave him dangling over the precipice. And a fan base desperately cheering a team on to the "4th place trophy" in order to compete in a competition we are not good enough to play in. A competition that will bring not glory, but financial reward to owners, who's only interest is just that.

There is this insane belief that if we qualify for CL football we will attract, and purchase, the players needed to be a successful club again. We won't!! And even if we do, we do not have the manager to manage those players.
spot on.

if we qualify for the CL it just gives the club the excuse to NOT buy anyone much at all.
the club exists to try and compete for a CL place, it certainly doesnt want to compete in it if we are lucky enough to fluke a place to qualify for it.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Even a draw here would mean it's 1 win in 5 and we would still at worse end the weekend only 2 points off fourth, that in itself shows how shit all the teams in this top 4 race are.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:29 pm
xisstential wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:28 pm

spot on.

if we qualify for the CL it just gives the club the excuse to NOT buy anyone much at all.
the club exists to try and compete for a CL place, it certainly doesnt want to compete in it if we are lucky enough to fluke a place to qualify for it.
But, but, but Honest Josh said he wants us to be great again......Vote MAGA, make Arsenal great again.

Seriously though if we qualify we don't need better players :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

If Ronaldo isn’t playing I’ll be a lot more confident of getting the 3 points than if he is. He was the difference maker up there and I fear he’ll terrorise our make shift defence again Saturday of playing.

An Arsenal/Bradford double at the weekend will moisten my undies for the week so fingers crossed that’s what we get :barscarf: