Mancwankstains H Sat 23rd April KO 1230

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
the playing mantis

Re: Mancwankstains H Sat 23rd April KO 1230

Post by the playing mantis »

augie wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:12 pm
KingHenry wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:41 am
To be honest two teams who are not very good. All the teams fighting for 4th are poor. As for the Xhaka Elneny and Nketiah love in they still need to be out of the club in the summer.And Tavares is an Andre Santos tribute act
Lots of fans saying the defence has improved this season but we have conceded more this season that last

No fcuking chance xhaka is going anywhere in the summer - him and pep's cone boy are tied at the hip :roll: This is a piece from a post game interview for lego head that is on football london

Granit Xhaka got a really good reception from the fans. What do you make of that?

I was dreaming of that because he deserves it. If any fan would individually spend five or 10 minutes with Granit, or even two minutes, because that’s all you need, they would understand the person that he is, the professional that he is and how much he cares about the club. But the history was there.

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/ ... a-23766448
its sickening, the telegraph report of the game, saying xhakas turnaround a massive credit to artetas mangerial style. f off!!

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Granit Xhaka got a really good reception from the fans. What do you make of that?

That a new breed of attendees are going to watch the matches and that the older die hards are finding ways to watch games using streams with vpns .
They don't have the same antipathy to him , they were not there at the fatal match and they just see what is happening in front of them.

KingHenry

Post by KingHenry »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:22 am

That a new breed of attendees are going to watch the matches and that the older die hards are finding ways to watch games using streams with vpns .
They don't have the same antipathy to him , they were not there at the fatal match and they just see what is happening in front of them.
So you the new breed of fan thinks Xhaka is a good player? thats what is wrong about the new breed of Arsenal fan they are happy with mediocrity. They put up with the last decade of Wenger and are now putting up with Arteta. I'm a Gooner but because a player wears a red shirt i dont think they are great i will call them out for being shit. Us old timers watched Arsenal when we had real world class players and were winning league titles

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I'm just looking at it objectively , I don't know your old timer status but mine is a beginning at Highbury in 1956 watching first team and football combination .
I still get down there 6 or so times a season and I have noticed the change in the way people see things .
It's a different attachment , a different appreciation and has been a totally different atmosphere which recently has improved immensely .
I don't like Xhaka , my son that I took first time to Pat jenning's testimonial in 1985 is a season ticket holder and he doesn't want Xhaka to stay either but as the people around our seats change so has the attitude on the North Bank .
They see what they see and they form their opinions and his goal on the weekend will stay fresh in their minds more than the foul ups he's made in the past.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

By the way I watched us when we were shit , I saw Tommy Docherty , Gus Caeser , Alan Skirton , Fumbling Jim Furnell , Henry Mancini , Jeff Blockley , Bacuzzi and McCullouigh plus many other crap players , So I am not one of the new wave by any means

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

This isn't in Reply to nor aimed at Anyone.

I really wish I didn't Loathe Xhaka as a player; though his perception of the Arsenal Fans voiced in his recent interview on Social Media (*) does lead me to think either he is totally mis-informed or is simply so arrogant or Un-intelligent (or both) that he doesn't have a grasp on the truth of the situation: ie: His inability and lack of skill as a player, ergo the many Arsenal Fans who have an utter dis-like of him as a player (and perhaps as a person.)

Not unlike a number of present day Prem Footballers he doesn't comprehend how "privileged" He is to be doing something 99.9% of us would give our right arm for; playing football for a living AND being financially rewarded for that privilege beyond anything any of us could earn in a life time.

He seems to be oblivious of the Facts regarding his stats as a player:

https://www.premierleague.com/players/1 ... haka/stats

50 Yellow Cards
4 Red Cards

And of course there is his contributions to our losing games by his idiocy / lack of footballing skills/brain-dead decisions on the pitch

So when he starts moaning about how badly he has been treated by the Arsenal Fans and how 'disrespectful' they are, something tells me he is out of touch with reality and the truth.

(*)
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts ... ier-league

He scored a very good goal against Manure on the week-end, it secured the Win and brought much relief to all Gooners, BUT for some fans (AFTV) giving him MOTM and seeming to forgive his past transgressions as a player is not on.

If a vote were taken on G2G today I would be surprised if anyone voted for him to stay (yes there's always someone bucking the trend just to be 'different' :roll: :wink: )

The sooner he is gone from Arsenal the better.

Having said that, how on earth a manager can want (& persuade) him to stay AND give him a wage rise is beyond me, and so part of the blame around Xhaka lies firmly with Arteta.

So for me it is:

Xhaka Out
Arteta Out.

:goingtobed:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:56 am
I'm just looking at it objectively , I don't know your old timer status but mine is a beginning at Highbury in 1956 watching first team and football combination .
I still get down there 6 or so times a season and I have noticed the change in the way people see things .
It's a different attachment , a different appreciation and has been a totally different atmosphere which recently has improved immensely .
I don't like Xhaka , my son that I took first time to Pat jenning's testimonial in 1985 is a season ticket holder and he doesn't want Xhaka to stay either but as the people around our seats change so has the attitude on the North Bank .
They see what they see and they form their opinions and his goal on the weekend will stay fresh in their minds more than the foul ups he's made in the past.
I think the conclusion is they are a combination of idiots and tourists. Xhaka is the definition of self harm. Anyome who cant see hasnr worked 30 years in footb...i mean is a moron.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:08 am
By the way I watched us when we were shit , I saw Tommy Docherty , Gus Caeser , Alan Skirton , Fumbling Jim Furnell , Henry Mancini , Jeff Blockley , Bacuzzi and McCullouigh plus many other crap players , So I am not one of the new wave by any means
Back in 93 travelling to Standard Leige away on the night ferry, it was confirmed by the old school Gunners present after many beers that Ian Ure followed by Gus Caesar were the worst Arsenal players! :barscarf:

We were so bolloxed after breakfast in Brussels, we decided to go to a local park for a rest, we were so pissed that the local wino's felt sorry for us & offered us their beers! :cussing:

Old school travel to Europe, by train & ferry, those were the days! :barscarf: 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Has anyone seen this?

Hilarious !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Odt744EgB4

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:10 pm
Has anyone seen this?

Hilarious !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Odt744EgB4
:lol:

At last I've met someone as animated and mental as me watching The Arsenal :barscarf: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I don't think I could trust myself not to start a fight if I was in the same room/place as an oppo fan !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:21 pm
I don't think I could trust myself not to start a fight if I was in the same room/place as an oppo fan !
Had a few close calls in Dublin back during our rivalry with the manc filth. If we didn't get over for a match our group of Oirish Gooners always watched the games together in our local and Dublin was bollock full of mouthy armchair manure "fans" that had never been near old shatford in their life but considered themselves superfans. :roll: :censored:

I refused to allow myself kick the shit out of anyone over football because I fucking hate hooligans but I have to be honest there was a couple times I really thought "I'm just going to throat punch that cùnt".

:box: :lol:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I run a quiz night at my local pub in norfolk which gets full of transient United fans. I got so pissed off with them that I asked " Do you turn left or right at salford Quay to get to Old Trafford ? . The silence and the blank answer sheets were a pleasure to watch

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:32 pm
I run a quiz night at my local pub in norfolk which gets full of transient United fans. I got so pissed off with them that I asked " Do you turn left or right at salford Quay to get to Old Trafford ? . The silence and the blank answer sheets were a pleasure to watch
So I'm guessing lots of the quiz questions relate to:

Banjo's

The film "Deliverance"

Six Finger Shredding

:D :wink: