West Ham wankstains A Sun May 1st KO 430PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
the playing mantis

Re: West Ham wankstains A Sun May 1st KO 430PM

Post by the playing mantis »

Thynker wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 4:21 pm
Liverpool will beat Spurs so we really need to win here, beat Leeds and take a 5 point margin into the NLD
Sods law they dont.

the playing mantis

rodders999 wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 5:53 pm
That crooked teeth bastard better not fuck us over next week, they beat the scum and I hen we go and beat Leeds at home and it’s absolutely massive.

Those victim bastards will fuck us just you watch :banghead:
Just our luck and the the cun.ts. luck that the victims f up.

Please Liverpool dick them 4or 5 and give career ending injuries to the cheating, sly, draft dodging, dog muncher and the simpleton. PLEASE.

good result for us today facking west ham should have gone easy on us but didnt. Thee meant to hate the scum more than us so you would have thought they would want us to win, yet their moronic fans didnt...

got in after full time to see souness creaming his pants about how good eddie was...really???

the playing mantis

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 6:43 pm
Thynker wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 6:38 pm
We might even secure 4th place with 2 games spare with a win at WHL if Liverpool win, we beat Leeds and then win there.
Don’t get carried away!

Personally I think we will have a 2 point lead going into the final 2 matches which will put us under massive pressure.
Spurs have 2 fairly easy games so any slip from us would let them into 4th (their goal difference is an issue)
Yep, thynker is worryingly trying to jinx this i fear...
e
i dont give much care of us getting 4th for our own sakes as we will be rinsed in th CL unless we get massive reinforcements and a competent manager, but the damage it will do to scum to not get it makes it crucial we do as we are the only ones who can stop them. Have to think, conte, window licker would be off if they don't get it and their financial blackhole of a stadium drags them ever deeper into debt until scumbag tax dodger lewis dips his hand in again.

the playing mantis

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 6:51 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 6:43 pm
Thynker wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 6:38 pm
We might even secure 4th place with 2 games spare with a win at WHL if Liverpool win, we beat Leeds and then win there.
Don’t get carried away!

Personally I think we will have a 2 point lead going into the final 2 matches which will put us under massive pressure.
Spurs have 2 fairly easy games so any slip from us would let them into 4th (their goal difference is an issue)

Couldn't agree more GR

It ain't Over, Done & Dusted till it's Over and the Large Lady Sings!. :?
Spot on lets not tempt fate...its on par with the wankers at the stadium doing oles when there plenty of time left in a game for us to cock up...

the playing mantis

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 7:15 pm
Another game gone and another game where yet again, I'm troubled by the question of who's on cocaine and who's on booze and who's in cocaine and booze at the same time. Is it our home supporters on booze and coke and our away supporters on just coke or is it both of them on coke and booze at the same time? I feel we're in some sort of Arsenal supporters booze and coke Schrödinger's cat thing where at any given time everyone is on coke and booze or not on coke and booze at and booze but none of us know for sure. I'm on a lot of wine and gin these days and happily admit it, but nobody has had the fucking bloody decency to let me know who's on coke and who's on booze and who the bloody fucking hell is on both at any given fucking time.
everyone. apart from obg's 2 mates! ;)

the home crowd are mostly morons though, probably dry but make up for it in moron stakes. ole'ing with 10 mins left vs united being a case in point.

i just hate everyone!!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 7:11 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 6:03 pm
Fair play to the team eh - not a classic performance but 9 points from 9 against the Chavs, Mancs and West Ham takes a bit of doing
The funny thing is im still not really seeing any improvement in the team.
Chelsea - had half their regulars missing and the others were worn out from the cup semifinal.
If they had scored their penalty it could easily have been a different result

Man United - they are total crap and living on their name only.
We played pretty poor for most of that match

West Ham - ok they put a decent team out today but I did feel especially towards the end that they had one eye on Thursday night.

We have been lucky with the way these fixtures have fallen - the remaining four we will need to play a lot better
Very harsh Rob, it’s not like we were anywhere near full strength in any of those games either. After the dire run we’d been on if I’d told you that we’d get 9 points against those three with the likes of Eddie, Cedric, Nuno, El Neny, Holding and the hopelessly out of form Martinelli all featuring you’d have said I was fucking insane…..and with good reason!

So fair fucks and credit where it’s due to the team for getting the job done, now to finish the season off and the scum with it :barscarf:

NickF

Post by NickF »

shu wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 9:27 pm
Henry , the other week Madrid were linked to tierney for 50 mill and before this injury he was probably worth it .
And a player who spends significant portions of the season injured is not worth that.

According to Wikipedia he played 27 league games last season and only 22 this season.

As good a player as he is, you're going to need a good backup as well.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 10:29 pm
Another game gone and another game where yet again, I'm troubled by the question of who's on cocaine and who's on booze and who's in cocaine and booze at the same time. Is it our home supporters on booze and coke and our away supporters on just coke or is it both of them on coke and booze at the same time? I feel we're in some sort of Arsenal supporters booze and coke Schrödinger's cat thing where at any given time everyone is on coke and booze or not on coke and booze at and booze but none of us know for sure. I'm on a lot of wine and gin these days and happily admit it, but nobody has had the fucking bloody decency to let me know who's on coke and who's on booze and who the bloody fucking hell is on both at any given fucking time.

the home crowd are mostly morons though, probably dry but make up for it in moron stakes. ole'ing with 10 mins left vs united being a case in point.

i just hate everyone!!

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Has the Emirates got more morons as a percentage vs the armchair-watching Gooner population? Not a chance.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

i just hate everyone!!
This we already knew. :wink:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

The team dug deep for that victory. Eddie did well but was isolated by himself in the last third of the pitch. That last chance he had he was looking to his right for Saka or someone but there wasn't anybody there and acres of space. Holding was reliable and came in to cover well. West Ham weren't creating chance after chance. It was a battle.
A good vital win. Don't see how people are complaining about the performance? It was a victory against a close rival in a London derby. Against a team that finished above us last season, and who have been above us for half this season. At this stage of the season it's all about winning 3 points.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Midz wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 5:50 pm
Sunday 8th May 14:00
Arsenal v Leeds United

Thursday 12th May 19.45
Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal

Monday 16th May 20.00
Newcastle United v Arsenal

Sunday 22nd May 16.00
Arsenal v Everton

All of these fixtures are gonna be tricky.
Newcastle are the inform team at the moment.
We should be able to beat Leeds but you just never know.
Everton will be fighting for their lives and so could be another tough one
The NLD I don't need to say anything other than we must win it.
We are In a strange position in that we win next week and those *word censored* lose and we are 5 above them but even a draw in the NLD and we could still fuck it up in the last two games.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:33 am
The team dug deep for that victory. Eddie did well but was isolated by himself in the last third of the pitch. That last chance he had he was looking to his right for Saka or someone but there wasn't anybody there and acres of space. Holding was reliable and came in to cover well. West Ham weren't creating chance after chance. It was a battle.

A good vital win. Don't see how people are complaining about the performance? It was a victory against a close rival in a London derby. Against a team that finished above us last season, and who have been above us for half this season. At this stage of the season it's all about winning 3 points.
Totally agree mate.

Thing is whilst Eddie isn't as 'Robust' as Laca - He has oodles more pace (for instance Laca could never have scored the first goal against the Chavs, surely because he doesn't have that kind of pace).

It was a very Scrappy game, we didn't seem to be able to settle into any kind of flow or rhythm, their mid-field was stronger than ours (well Clive says it all :? ), so when Eddie was found with those long ball no ne else seemed to be in the space or position we might normally expect them to be.

It was a Scrap and indeed we did Win "Ugly"... when Gollum brought on Antonio and the other player, I feared the worst by Holding & Gabrielle AND Tomi did well to not be Rag Dolled etc.

As you say it's all about the points now, not the style or the content.

#COYG

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I'm sorry but I disagree on Eddie being isolated yesterday, from memory he had at least 4 or 5 clear cut chances yesterday of which Flappy made one decent save low down to his left, at least twice Eddie shot straight into his hands when he was stood straight up. For a striker looking to make it at the top level his attempts barely troubled the keeper yesterday. His sole job as a striker is to put pressure on the goal and make the keeper work hard, he failed miserably yesterday in a game where he arguably had more chances than normal. Immaterial of how we feel about Kane, Son, Mane, Jota, Salah etc they would have scored from some of those chances yesterday.

As I said earlier with a good striker we would have won that game 3 or 4-1, Ramsdale was beaten by a deflection and made one excellent save and one fairly routine save which was straight at him from distance. We had the running in that game and as has happened a lot this season we failed to capitalise, additionally as has happened a few times recently our passing and individual control was woeful throughout.

It is too early to deconstruct the season yet but after 34 games my biggest takeaways from this season are that we desperately need a proper striker and we need to spend some serious sessions on passing and controlling the ball..... oh and Xhaka :banghead:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

i just hate everyone!!
Thanks, mate. Needed it clarifying and you've done just that. :D