Leeds labia lips H Sun 8th May KO 2PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: Leeds labia lips H Sun 8th May KO 2PM

Post by TeeCee »

Poor mentality again. Players switched off thinking it was all done after 45 mins. Hopefully it gives them a bit of focus for the Dustbin Lids.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 2:56 pm
Actually feels like a loss
FFS Mate, seriously?!

I’m delighted. Punched the air at full time :lol: Very poor the way we got so nervous but massive that we held on. 4 points clear and a superb weekend.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

g88ner wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 2:59 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
FFS Mate, seriously?!

I’m delighted. Punched the air at full time :lol: Very poor the way we got so nervous but massive that we held on. 4 points clear and a superb weekend.
Well maybe not quite...but you get my drift

At one point you're thinking let's close the goal difference....then we are watching their keeper come forward and actually contemplating not winning. A sign if ever it was needed that there is a massive experience and leadership gap that desperately needs addressing

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:

45 minutes of utter shame. A shocking laissez faire attitude in a game that City or Liverpool would have won by 7 or 8

As embarrassing as a victory could ever be
Fucking weirdly does in a way. :shock: I should be thrilled here but honestly all I am is angry. :x

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I'm sure Cunte was watching that and will know exactly what to do to turn us over.

kick clive a few times so he retaliates leading to a yellow, possibly even a Red card.

Press and close down our mid-field of cliveeElCunto and Elninny so they keep passing it either sideways or back so their counter-attack can gain possession

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 3:01 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

45 minutes of utter shame. A shocking laissez faire attitude in a game that City or Liverpool would have won by 7 or 8

As embarrassing as a victory could ever be
Fucking weirdly does in a way. :shock: I should be thrilled here but honestly all I am is angry. :x
We "NEED" a proper manager, not this Novice. :cussing:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
I'm sure Cunte was watching that and will know exactly what to do to turn us over.

kick clive a few times so he retaliates leading to a yellow, possibly even a Red card.

Press and close down our mid-field of cliveeElCunto and Elninny so they keep passing it either sideways or back so their counter-attack can gain possession

Elninny was superb again today mate. Kept his head and did the basics right while the fucking idiot beside him was fucking about as usual. Elninny ain't a world beater by a long shot but I'd have him and anyone else in there ahead of Clive.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
g88ner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
FFS Mate, seriously?!

At one point you're thinking let's close the goal difference....then we are watching their keeper come forward and actually contemplating not winning. A sign if ever it was needed that there is a massive experience and leadership gap that desperately needs addressing
Haha if we’d let in a stoppage time equaliser I think I would have thrown the tv out the window :lol: nearly threw it away.

Of course there’s an experience and leadership gap. It’s a young side supported by average senior pros but we know that. A wins a win at this stage of the season, and that one was massive.

Just hope we can somehow beat scum and then chill out :lol: …. Rarely works out that way though haha

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Agreed, but trouble is he Elninny has to be so switched on because he has that fuckin' idiot clive next to him. :cry:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:

press those two xhaka and elneny, who will loose posession and hit a quick ball to Son or kane.....we respond by tip tappy sideways passing

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

g88ner wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 3:06 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
g88ner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
FFS Mate, seriously?!

Haha if we’d let in a stoppage time equaliser I think I would have thrown the tv out the window :lol: nearly threw it away.

Of course there’s an experience and leadership gap. It’s a young side supported by average senior pros but we know that. A wins a win at this stage of the season, and that one was massive.

Just hope we can somehow beat scum and then chill out :lol: …. Rarely works out that way though haha
There's no doubt that hanging on for the 3 points is invaluable but I just worry about this lack of leadership as we head into these last 3 games. Two very tough away games and a revitalised Everton

My hope value would go up enormously if I ever saw us linked with 2 or 3 senior pros but its only ever kids

I'm off out into the garden to get the BBQ going and I'm sure after a steak and a couple of G&T's I will feel happier :D

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

To be honest the average age of the team has been 24 this season and it shows. We really do need a few more seasoned pros brought in. We are riding our luck far too much and it shows in results like CP, Brighton etc. It is one of the reason we can barely lay a glove on Shitty and the Victims*.

I honestly believe that Arteta's brief was to get us back into Europe, not the ECL, he wants to build from a young squad and will probably continue to do so with the intention of building it over a few more seasons. This is where the Club and Management are disengaged from much of the fanbase, we've been waiting for nearly 2 decades for a serious challenge for the title and yet again their attitude seems to be just wait a bit longer, trust the process etc..... the problem is we are sick of waiting :roll:

Anyway a win is a win and this result puts pressure on Spuds and the Chavs too, I'd actually take a draw on Thurs much as I hate to say it.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

To be honest i thought we were gash the minute they went down to 10 men. With 11 v 11 we were zipping it around at pace and Saka and Martinelli were tearing them apart

When Ayling went off the game turned into a training exercise. I said to my mate when it happened, this would be when City or Liverpool put their foot on their throats and make it 7 or 8. Their poor kid in goal looked like he wanted to cry for the next 30 mins and flapped at everything.

Our second half performance was shambolic. Back to the 1930s tip tap snails pace.

I only hope the team of the first 25 minutes is the one that takes to the field on Thursday night

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Thankfully we saw it through to the end. Eddie proving he can make it in the premier league, like I've said all season and got slaughtered by nearly everyone on here. More goals in less games than Aubameyang. Any striker that breaks an Alan Shearer goal scoring record must have something about them.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 3:34 pm
Thankfully we saw it through to the end. Eddie proving he can make it in the premier league, like I've said all season and got slaughtered by nearly everyone on here. More goals in less games than Aubameyang. Any striker that breaks an Alan Shearer goal scoring record must have something about them.
In fairness to the lad he has taken his chance. I thought he went hiding in the second half but he wasn't alone in that regard. For certain he has been far better than Lacazette was in the previous dozen games or so, and has worked harder too. I'm less bothered about that England U21 record as in Shearer's teen days he wasn't playing Moldova and Andorra, but he has done well these past few games for us