UEFA Nations League

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
arrgee

Re: UEFA Nations League

Post by arrgee »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 2:44 pm
The Nations league is the biggest ever waste of time ever invented.
That and the womens euro thing this summer are 2 events I certainly won’t be watching.

I need to detox from football a bit I think for a few weeks, :D
I prefer Nations League to World/Euro qualifying as the teams are evenly matched. And for some reason Ireland seem to keep playing their Celtic cousins (Wales/Scotland) which makes for some good nights out. Better than playing Gibraltar.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

arrgee wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 7:10 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 2:44 pm
The Nations league is the biggest ever waste of time ever invented.
That and the womens euro thing this summer are 2 events I certainly won’t be watching.

I need to detox from football a bit I think for a few weeks, :D
I prefer Nations League to World/Euro qualifying as the teams are evenly matched. And for some reason Ireland seem to keep playing their Celtic cousins (Wales/Scotland) which makes for some good nights out. Better than playing Gibraltar.
its just meaningless crap to fill out TV schedules.
The players should be on their holidays now to get them fresh for the next season which will be the longest ever.

There are even a couple of Nations League matches in September which is madness. They are already trying to cram the Euro games into a smaller ever number of weeks. The number of injuries next season will be off the scale.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Waste of time this competition. Uefa greed and bleeding the punters dry. Pointless waste of a footballer's energy.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 7:44 pm
Waste of time this competition. Uefa greed and bleeding the punters dry. Pointless waste of a footballer's energy.
Surely better than the even more meaningless friendlies they used to block up the calendar with though? I'd rather see England playing Germany in a match with something at stake than some poxy friendly with the likes of Australia as the FA used to do

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:50 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Surely better than the even more meaningless friendlies they used to block up the calendar with though? I'd rather see England playing Germany in a match with something at stake than some poxy friendly with the likes of Australia as the FA used to do
No need for international friendlies at the end of the season either. World Cup and continental tournaments are enough. The Nation's league is just an ESL for European teams but run by Uefa, which is a greedy corrupt organisation. I'd be onboard with a World International league, Gibraltar Vs San Marino just doesn't cut it with me.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:13 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:50 pm
Nos89 wrote:
No need for international friendlies at the end of the season either. World Cup and continental tournaments are enough. The Nation's league is just an ESL for European teams but run by [b]Uefa, which is a greedy corrupt organisation[/b]. I'd be onboard with a World International league, Gibraltar Vs San Marino just doesn't cut it with me.
Your 100% right there

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Bring back the Home Nations I say...

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Andrew wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:33 pm
Bring back the Costa Del Sol Trophy I say...
:high5:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Dutch 4-0 up against Belgium. How in hell did Martinez ever get that gig?? From getting Wigan relegated to managing probably the greatest generation ever, of Belgium players......and failure has followed failure, yet he remains.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I know it's the under 23 team but watch this . The kid scores goals and we have to find a place for him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/61686339

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

A11M11 wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:02 am
I know it's the under 23 team but watch this . The kid scores goals and we have to find a place for him.

He's better than Odegaard, more direct, score goals, doesn't disappear when the going gets tough. He is quality player, worth keeping hold of and playing more regularly.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:52 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:02 am

He's better than Odegaard, more direct, score goals, doesn't disappear when the going gets tough. He is quality player, worth keeping hold of and playing more regularly.
Agreed ESR is a fantastic talent...his awareness passing and moving beating defenders is top quality....has confidence in his ability and can score goals

Needs more first team action

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 3:45 pm
arrgee wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 3:09 pm
I see England games are on Channel 4, but Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales are now on Viaplay. Which you cannot subscribe to in the UK :banghead:

Also not sure if Ireland’s upcoming losses against Scotland, Ukraine and Armenia will be available anywhere.
As a proud Oirishman, I fixed that for ya mate. :lol: :wink:
Looks like you were right :(