Toon turdholes A Mon 16th May KO 8PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Ray C

Re: Toon turdholes A Mon 16th May KO 8PM

Post by Ray C »

This was pathetic a effort. Maybe we can look forward to exciting relegation battle in future years. Give the ladies a run against the Toffies - probably lose, but may at least look better doing it. :barscarf: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Wise words from Clive afterwards

Not listening to the coach. Didn't deserve to be on the field

Someone take the c.unt literally and fuck him off

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I’m suddenly a fan of Gary Neville ! :oops:
He has called Xhaka out and called him a disgrace :barscarf:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Fucking awful and got what they deserved. Totally blown it.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 9:36 pm
I’m suddenly a fan of Gary Neville ! :oops:
He has called Xhaka out and called him a disgrace :barscarf:
Carpet Head will defend him to the hilt though. He will be an ever present next season barring the gormless suspensions

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

If anyone says they didn't see these last two games coming they're either lying or deluded

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Newcastle now being bigged up to the hilt

Lets remind ourselves

No wins against the top 7...until tonight

Games against the top 4 under Howe

Played 4 Lost 4 Scored 1 Conceded 12

A bang average team that absolutely rinsed 11 lightweights and deserved to win by 4 or more tonight

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 9:21 pm
I used to say it under Wenger for about 8 years or so....

I'm afraid there will be many more days like this. We are a club that always be able to attract bright prospects and develop talented kids....but sadly we will never have the ambition to round if off. The similarity is that both managers didn't value leadership (rotational leadership vs leadership group) - all sounds familiar eh? Two managers that value nice bright young lads who hang off their every word and can't manage top talents with a bit of personality
Wenger HATED strong characters, he was a coward and a bully, he didn't want anyone who could stand up to him. It's no secret that there was no love lost between him and Viera. Wenger didn't like have a definitive leader because it took the focus off him, he was the leader, everybody needed to know that. That is why he had that absurd rotational leadership in place....Feo was captain one night FFS. Arteta is EXACTLY the same......show me one guy in the current squad who would question him?? There isn't one....Arteta strikes me as stroppy, sullen and petulant. There are no leaders on the field and we have none off the field either.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Arsenal are responsible for 25% of the foul throws in the Premier League this season (5/20). Nuno Tavares has committed more than any other player in the division (3)

:oops:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 9:54 pm
Arsenal are responsible for 25% of the foul throws in the Premier League this season (5/20). Nuno Tavares has committed more than any other player in the division (3)

I think Ballerina was the proud holder of that record. We've got his return to look forward to next season too

KingHenry

Post by KingHenry »

We should have sacked Arteta after the first 3 games. £150m spent to finish 5th

KingHenry

Post by KingHenry »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 9:05 pm
January cost us. Not any particular results but stripping the squad bare and not. Ringing a single player in. Not bringing a striker in, even on loan. The management of this football team has been nothing short of fucking disastrous. Catastrophically bad.
And Conte signed two players who improved Spurs. Spurs have Kane and Son we had Lacazette and Nketiah two players who cant wait to leave

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 10:00 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 9:54 pm

I think Ballerina was the proud holder of that record. We've got his return to look forward to next season too
He actually did 2 in 1 game last time he was here, can’t wait to have him back - another perma crocked full back :suicide:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 8:54 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 8:40 pm
Think this is me done for a while.

No love in this Arsenal team for me anymore. It’s not even the fact that we’re poor, it’s just the lack of care and effort from these multimillionaires. It’s really not enjoyable anymore.
yep its like the wenger end days but worse, we knew he would go at some point. we know this cu.nt is here for a few years yet, my interest was in us stopping the scum and fucking them over for decades financially, but lets watch them pull ahead again despite having a massive millstone round their neck because they appointed a proper manager yet a massive proportion of our fan base turned there noses up at conte, not for arsenal, not the right style, not the right attitude. People who wouldnt know who GG was for the life of them. Sickening what we are now. Imagine what conte could get out of those young players.

Absolutely this Spot on.

Sutch2

Post by Sutch2 »

This is the worst I've felt about a game in some years. Worse than the Europa League final. I cannot believe we've blown it after the position we were in with ten games to go.

Same as the Palace game, we cannot handle teams pressing us high and giving us no time on the ball - every time one of our midfielders were on the ball tonight they were smothered and it took us 70 minutes to get going.

It wouldn't be as bad, but combined with the media love in of the scum, it's made it so much worse. Knowing that jealous *word censored* Levy and stupid twat Dawson will be celebrating makes my blood boil. Two dodgy penalties that they shouldn't have gotten, but our issues run deeper than that.

I fear that this is it for us - Saka and Martinelli won't stay much longer. Klopp has already made his admiration known for Martinelli, and will Saka really stay once they come sniffing about? We know they will.

We won't get into the CL next season, either - playing Thursdays will fuck us up for the league games. We might sign Gabriel Jesus, but he's not even an out-an-out striker, is he? Basically, we have to hope no top sides come down from the CL and into the Europa.

This was our big chance to derail the scum, but they'll push on from this now - with Conte as their manager, top players will want to go there. Half the fuckers in the league have done their best to do them favours, but it's our own fault for fucking losing three fucking games in a row against shit fucking sides :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: and then going to a bottom half side and capitulating.

If only Norwich could do something for us :oops: