Toon turdholes A Mon 16th May KO 8PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: Toon turdholes A Mon 16th May KO 8PM

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I’m not as angry as some on here. If we had been cheated out of 4th I would be raging. We weren’t. We simply aren’t good enough. I’m not even sure we are as good as 5th. We have a dreadful squad. Some players at the Club that are Championship level. As has been pointed out we may not kick on. This may be as good as we get. The big boys will come calling for some of our young stars. Be prepared for KSE cashing in this Summer.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Far be it from me to defend Xhaka but I don’t see anything wrong with what he said last night.

The interviewer fed him the line about inexperience being an issue (as he did to Arteta previously - obviously the narrative he was going with) and he responded by saying if you’re 10 or 35 and too scared to play then stay at home. I see fuck all wrong with that personally, I agree with it 1 million per cent.

Just as I see nothing wrong with what was then said when they went back to the studio and Carragher ripped him to shreds for doing fuck all to help the cause while out on the pitch and Neville eviscerated him for being a disgrace for the past 5 seasons.

I don’t think he was blaming the younger players at all, just answering a leading question.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 7:07 am
Far be it from me to defend Xhaka but I don’t see anything wrong with what he said last night.

The interviewer fed him the line about inexperience being an issue (as he did to Arteta previously - obviously the narrative he was going with) and he responded by saying if you’re 10 or 35 and too scared to play then stay at home. I see fuck all wrong with that personally, I agree with it 1 million per cent.

Just as I see nothing wrong with what was then said when they went back to the studio and Carragher ripped him to shreds for doing fuck all to help the cause while out on the pitch and Neville eviscerated him for being a disgrace for the past 5 seasons.

I don’t think he was blaming the younger players at all, just answering a leading question.
He pretty much told himself to stay at home.

If he actually meant what he said then expect a transfer request after Sunday

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Fingers crossed Jose comes back in for him in the summer.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I am anything but a fan of AFTV but this interview (with Dan Potts) is the perfect mirror for what we are all thinking and feeling:

Give it a chance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnIb7EuB1nk

Watched the game last night, and never has a manager looked so out-of-his-depth and the players so un-prepared, it was as if they had been paid not to turn up.

Then I saw that interview with Clive. Why on earth did Arteta send him out to do the post match interview? Of all the players (I use that last term hesitantly) they send out that useless, coward who has been nothing but a mill-stone to any possible progress by the team. And of course Arteta persists in selecting him.

Ah! Well that's the season done. Still the Fan Melts will turn up in their droves and sing & chant Arteta's name and keep buying the merchandise.

I have actually lost count of the number of seasons the majority of people on here have been saying they are "Done" with it.

I just do not see a possible or workable solution to this downward spiral till Wiggy & Jnr and Arteta are gone.

:cry:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Reading and listening to the fallout about yesterday's debacle from the players is showing the leaders in the dressing room. Not heard much from the captain, as per usual for Arsenal in defeat. Both Xhaka and Saka are particularly scathing of their own teammates.
I know this will be an unpopular thought, but we could really do with a player like David Luiz, Aaron Ramsey or Cesc Fabregas in that dressing room, a mature head who is a leader and been in these positions to help guide the young squad through the last few games. It's simple, again we have no strong leaders in that dressing room.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 10:59 am
Reading and listening to the fallout about yesterday's debacle from the players is showing the leaders in the dressing room. Not heard much from the captain, as per usual for Arsenal in defeat. Both Xhaka and Saka are particularly scathing of their own teammates.
I know this will be an unpopular thought, but we could really do with a player like David Luiz, Aaron Ramsey or Cesc Fabregas in that dressing room, a mature head who is a leader and been in these positions to help guide the young squad through the last few games. It's simple, again we have no strong leaders in that dressing room.
David Luiz :D :D :D :D :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 6:59 am
I’m not as angry as some on here. If we had been cheated out of 4th I would be raging. We weren’t. We simply aren’t good enough. I’m not even sure we are as good as 5th. We have a dreadful squad. Some players at the Club that are Championship level. As has been pointed out we may not kick on. This may be as good as we get. The big boys will come calling for some of our young stars. Be prepared for KSE cashing in this Summer.
Sad but True, Clop really likes Martinelli and I can see Pep taking a serious interest in either ESR (A Cheaper but far better version of greasylish) and / or Saka or even both, they can afford it...If that does happen, then the Rift that is beginning to emerge (again) :roll: Between the fans (Arteta in / Arteta Out) will divide the Gooner Fanbase once again, just like it was with TOF. :cry:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

That was disgraceful last night only just calmed down , no fight , no passion , kids are burnt out . I wanted 5th beginning of season but feels like a loss at the moment and will springboard spurs with cunte , then we have Newcastle, welcome to the new Everton.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

gooner265 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 2:58 pm
That was disgraceful last night only just calmed down , no fight , no passion , kids are burnt out . I wanted 5th beginning of season but feels like a loss at the moment and will springboard spurs with cunte , then we have Newcastle, welcome to the new Everton.

I don't want to be a smartarse 265, but this was only 2 or 3 days ago. The new Everton you say....things are bad after all.

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread
Post by Retro Gunner » Sun May 15, 2022 5:22 pm

gooner265 wrote: ↑
Fri May 13, 2022 10:53 pm
Retro Gunner wrote: ↑
Fri May 13, 2022 6:03 pm
For what it's worth, Jesus is not the answer (well not the one from from City anyway....and I'm not sure that the other one could perform the miracle of 20+ goals playing in this pony side), because if he can't score enough in the City side, then wait until he's starved of chances playing with our lot. Why do we always buy the cast offs of teams that we're supposed to be trying to compete with? It's counter intuitive.

The team is a mess. The jury still very much out on Ramsdale as far as I'm concerned (I think we sold the better keeper to Villa), likewise Ben White (50 million :shock: ), Cedric and Tavares little more than Championship level, centre mid a disaster area, Odegaard a lightweight luxury and Eddie won't ever be good enough. The only ones I rate are ESR, Martinelli, Saka, Gabriel and Tomi and as Augie has said, I'd be more than surprised if any more than one (maximum two) of them are around for more than the next two seasons. Saka, Tomi and Gabriel are sure of their places, but will attract attention and the other two are far from guaranteed a start with us, yet are the best two we have imo. Someone will come knocking for them and they'll go if they have any sense.

Wow we might as well all give up and go home didn’t realise things were that bad !
By the way Jesus goals to minute ratio is only bettered by Aguero at City , he also has a great assists record, considering a lot of them were as a sub as well he'sa decent addition with another striker coming in as well.

Yep, they're bad mate. It's a relative issue of course, we're not Norwich, but for a team supposedly interested in competing at the top level, we're no further forward than we were 15 years ago...in fact, we've gone backwards. Arteta is not the answer and we won't compete with him as manager. Let's see if we win our last two to get CL. Let's also wait and see how long the youngsters I've mentioned hang about once the big boys come knocking.

As for Gabriel Jesus, if he's so impressive, why are City getting shot of him and why is he so often on the bench? If he's not the answer for them, then we ought to look elsewhere. Also, are any other big clubs sniffing round him? It's high time we learnt that if a player is genuinely worth 50, 60, or 70 million, then we won't get him, because the big teams will be involved and he'll choose them over us . We tend to be mugged into paying top dollar for players that top contenders aren't interested in and that's how you end up paying 72 million for Pepe. We aren't capable of landing players genuinely worth 72 million.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 4:49 pm
gooner265 wrote:

I don't want to be a smartarse 265, but this was only 2 or 3 days ago. The new Everton you say....things are bad after all.

For what it's worth, Jesus is not the answer (well not the one from from City anyway....and I'm not sure that the other one could perform the miracle of 20+ goals playing in this pony side), because if he can't score enough in the City side, then wait until he's starved of chances playing with our lot. Why do we always buy the cast offs of teams that we're supposed to be trying to compete with? It's counter intuitive.

The team is a mess. The jury still very much out on Ramsdale as far as I'm concerned (I think we sold the better keeper to Villa), likewise Ben White (50 million :shock: ), Cedric and Tavares little more than Championship level, centre mid a disaster area, Odegaard a lightweight luxury and Eddie won't ever be good enough. The only ones I rate are ESR, Martinelli, Saka, Gabriel and Tomi and as Augie has said, I'd be more than surprised if any more than one (maximum two) of them are around for more than the next two seasons. Saka, Tomi and Gabriel are sure of their places, but will attract attention and the other two are far from guaranteed a start with us, yet are the best two we have imo. Someone will come knocking for them and they'll go if they have any sense.

Wow we might as well all give up and go home didn’t realise things were that bad !
By the way Jesus goals to minute ratio is only bettered by Aguero at City , he also has a great assists record, considering a lot of them were as a sub as well he'sa decent addition with another striker coming in as well.

Yep, they're bad mate. It's a relative issue of course, we're not Norwich, but for a team supposedly interested in competing at the top level, we're no further forward than we were 15 years ago...in fact, we've gone backwards. Arteta is not the answer and we won't compete with him as manager. Let's see if we win our last two to get CL. Let's also wait and see how long the youngsters I've mentioned hang about once the big boys come knocking.

As for Gabriel Jesus, if he's so impressive, why are City getting shot of him and why is he so often on the bench? If he's not the answer for them, then we ought to look elsewhere. Also, are any other big clubs sniffing round him? It's high time we learnt that if a player is genuinely worth 50, 60, or 70 million, then we won't get him, because the big teams will be involved and he'll choose them over us . We tend to be mugged into paying top dollar for players that top contenders aren't interested in and that's how you end up paying 72 million for Pepe. We aren't capable of landing players genuinely worth 72 million.
I said it feels like a loss at the moment bigger picture is we hit my target so need a big summer and get some leaders in and learn from this.

NickF

Post by NickF »

gooner265 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 5:22 pm
I said it feels like a loss at the moment bigger picture is we hit my target so need a big summer and get some leaders in and learn from this.
We won't learn from it. How many games this season have we got ourselves in a decent position, only to give away a penalty or get a man sent off (or both).

We keep making the same mistake time and time again.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

gooner265 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
gooner265 wrote:

He hasn't brought in a leader in 2 and a half years so why start now ?

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 8:52 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
gooner265 wrote:

He hasn't brought in a leader in 2 and a half years so why start now ?
It’s Artetas way or the highway,the only half leaders we had are gone,and for a player who played with so many leaders at Everton and Arsenal he don’t seem to care his club is leaderless and rudderless,unless he is deluded enough to think Xhaka is a leader

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Truth is he thinks that he is the leader , that's why he spends all the time screaming and gesticulating on the touchline . He hasn't learned to delegate.